Blitz Dual TT DC purple wire?
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

This is a discussion on Blitz Dual TT DC purple wire? within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I just installed my Blitz Dual TT DC yesterday. The installation was the worst. But anyway, I have a question ...

I Support ClubWRX

Blitz Dual TT DC purple wire?

I just installed my Blitz Dual TT DC yesterday. The installation was the worst. But anyway, I have a question about the purple wire that runs from the module to? Where do I attach it. The instrutions say either attach it to a ground or the parking brake. Where on the parking brake. I see three wires that go to the actuator of the parking brake, red , white and black. Which one do I tap into it?

Isn't the whole reason you are attaching it to the parking brake wires is that if the parking brake is realeased the engine will die?
    I followed swankmonkeys instructions, but I tapped into the BOV hose to get the boost gauge to work. That works fine. but the TT doesn't do its job.

Please someone HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!! Where does the stupid purple wire go to ? Where do I attach it and if I splice into a wire, which wire and what color?
    Kurlee Daddee
    (THE ORIGINAL)

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Pull apart the center consol from between the seats. At the base of the hand beake assy their is a pink (i think) wire connected to it. Thats the wire you want to splice. Or you can just ground it.

Good Luck,
    Justin
    Good judgement comes from experience,
    and experience comes from bad judgement.

I Support ClubWRX
    Root,
    Thank you very much. I found the wire and tapped into and it works fine. But I followed the directions at swankmonkey a little to close so here is directions that will allow you to both arm the security system and lock the doors while the TT keeps the car running.

Also I quoted someone on Iclub so I won't take the credit for it. But believe me, it works, I GUARANTEE IT!

DO connect the accessory wire to the turbo timer. No modification to the harness at all.

DO CUT the dark green and black striped wire on the security module located under the dash.

DO NOT connect the dark green and black striped wire to anything, just tape it off

DO CUT the gray wire on the center security module located underneath the center console.

DO NOT connect the gray wire to anything, just tape it off.

And splice the purple wire that goes from the TT module to the (pink wire for 2002WRX/ light green wire for 2003WRX) underneath the center console under the arm rest in the base of the parking brake. This is an added precaution so that if the parking brake is released while the engine is running, the engine will shut off.

That is it.

There is no need to splice the Blitz WRX wiring harness at all. Just cut those two wires on their respective security modules and you are good to go. I did this the hard way and spliced all kinds of wires I didn't need to. Do it as I described above you will have no trouble.
    Last edited by KurleeDaddeeWRX; 07-06-2003 at 06:28 PM.

That is what I did except with one minor difference. I took the time to take apart the connectors for the alarm stuff. I just pulled the correct wire and pin out then put it back together, pulled the wire straight back on itself and wrapped it with electrical tape. When looking at the connectors you can't tell anything has been changed, plus later, if I take out the Blitz DC TT i can plug them back in and function as designed.

Works great,
    Justin

Where did you guys mount the main box of the Blitz turbo timer? Under the dash? If so how did you splice the pink wire under the center console to the purple wire of the TT module? Did you have to add some wire between the pink and purple wires?

Thanks
    WR Blue Perl WRX

I Support ClubWRX
    The controller box I put underneath the clock in the dash. You can put double sided tape on the bottom of the controller box and use a tie wrap and secure it to the vent hose on either side under the clock. Couldn't really find any other easy spot.

As for the pink and purple wire splice, I soldered and heat shrank my connections. It looks professional. But the pink wire is a b$%ch to get enough slack to strip it. No the wire supplied with the TT is long enough to make it to the pink wire.

Good luck,
    Kurlee Daddee
    (THE ORIGINAL)
    Last edited by KurleeDaddeeWRX; 03-20-2003 at 05:24 PM.

I used the double stick tape it can with and put the brain on the back side of the glove box. It has a stationary back wall back there. Then it was just a straight shot out the grommet through the firewall. I tried to take a picture but i couldnt get it good at all.

Justin

Is the security module under the driver side dash of the car. I looked under there and I don't know what I'am looking for? Kurlee did you mount the box under the drivers side dash or passenger side, I could only find the airduct on the passenger side. anybody have any pictures of this setup??

Thanks
    WR Blue Perl WRX

I am installing my DTT tomorrow. In the swankmonkey instructions, I need a few inches of rubber hose to tap FPR line. What knid of hose am I using? Is it the same vacuum hosing used to install MBC?

And speaking of MBC, I went to auto parts store to look for vacuum tubing and all I found was 3/16" OD tubing. Don't I need 3/16" ID tubing instead?
    2002 Platinum Silver Rex

I Support ClubWRX
    Neptune,
    Check out these links for your installation. Make sure you do the following:

DO connect the accessory wire to the turbo timer. No modification to the harness at all.

DO CUT the dark green and black striped wire on the security module located under the drivers side dash.

DO NOT connect the dark green and black striped wire to anything, just tape it off

DO CUT the gray wire on the center security module located under the center console

DO NOT connect the gray wire to anything, just tape it off.

Here is the links:

http://wrx.swankmonkey.com/turbotimer/

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show...66#post1710066 Updated Link since 3-20-03

I mounted the controller box inside the two vents on the center dash underneath the clock and mounted it on top the vent closest to the driver. I used double sided tape and a tie wrap to secure it to the vent.

cnoff,
    You don't need any extra hose, but you will need a 1/4 - 1/4 - 1/8 T fitting. You splice the hose that runs to the BOV which has a inner diameter of 1/4 and you put your vaccuum hose that connects to the contoller box and the on the 1/8 port of the T fitting. I still had like 6 inches of hose I had to cut off. There is definately ENOUGH hose in the kit.

Good luck you guys,
    Kurlee Daddee
    (THE ORIGINAL)
    Last edited by KurleeDaddeeWRX; 07-06-2003 at 06:02 PM.

Hi Kurlee, I read a turbo timer installation instruction on scoobymod.com and they mentioned after plugging in the turbo timer with the harness you need to splice two wires to the ECU unit. It says you have to splice the blue and brown wires from the timer to the ECU. Do I need to do this or does the harness take care of this? Also When you say do connect the accesory wire to the turbo timer with no modification of the harness, does that mean that the harness connects the accessory wire to the TT?

Thanks, I'am just a little confuse. This could be due to the fact I haven't gotten the TT yet and havn't gotten a good look at at. I should be getting it today and hopefully installing it tonight.
    WR Blue Perl WRX

I Support ClubWRX
    Neptune,
    If you have the harness for the WRX, there is NO splicing wires at all EXCEPT THE PURPLE WIRE THAT COMES FROM THE TT CONTROLLER BOX. THE PURPLE WIRE MUST BE SPLICED TO THE (PINK WIRE for 2002 WRX/ LIGHT GREEN WIRE FOR 2003 WRX) UNDERNEATH THE CENTER CONSOLE IF YOU ARE USING THE FACTORY ALARM. THIS WILL ALLOW THE CAR TO KILL THE MOTOR IF THE PARKING BRAKE IS RELEASED.

Also, just remove the two wires form their connector or cut them.
    The dark green and black striped wire on the security module under the drivers side dash and the the gray wire on the center security module located under the center console.

I believe the accesory wire is the blue wire on the harness for the TT. You don't need to do anything with it. Just leave it as is. Swankmonkey says to cut it. DO NOT CUT IT. LEAVE AS IS.

Also, there is no need to splice wires to the ECU. If you bought the harness for your car, there is ABSOLUTELY NO splicing of wires.

Good luck.
    Kurlee Daddee
    (THE ORIGINAL)
    Last edited by KurleeDaddeeWRX; 07-06-2003 at 06:30 PM.

Thanks, that cleared up the confusion that I had. You've been real helpful thats again!!!
    WR Blue Perl WRX

Help! I am installing right now. Just need some clarification. I cut the dark green wire to security module. Do I tape off both ends or does something need to be spliced to it?

Also, is the pink wire that I am splicing located with the large group of wires running into security module by parking brake?
    2002 Platinum Silver Rex

hi kurlee,
    I just installed the tt and is works fine except that when I turn the car off and the tt engages i can't turn the alarm on. I cut the dark green with black stipe wire along with the gray one as you said. Could there be something different with the alarm system that I have?? It's the OEM subaru alarm upgrade. I don't get it??

thanks,
    WR Blue Perl WRX

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast