TurboXS Stage 2 kit

This is a discussion on TurboXS Stage 2 kit within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I am convinced now. I am going for the TurboXS Stage 2 kit including the Turbo back exhaust system with ...

I Support ClubWRX

Talking TurboXS Stage 2 kit

I am convinced now. I am going for the TurboXS Stage 2 kit including the Turbo back exhaust system with Magnaflow with HUGE RICE TIP (unfortunately) and Unichip programmed for the Stage 2. I also just recieved my WRXfx intake and ITG filter. On their website (TurboXS)it says with the Stage 2 should get you near 300hp. Does that mean I could possible get into the mid 13 sec 1/4 mile times? Then I will really be taking out Camaros and Mustangs. I just have to wait for the loads of cash I am getting back from cancelling my 7 yr warranty and maintenance plan. SOA Please hurry up and send me my money!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Kurlee Daddee
    (THE ORIGINAL)

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Ignore TurboXS' estimated crank HP and instead look at the WHP numbers. The general consensus is that they are a little optimistic in their conversion - the crank number is closer to 275HP the way most people figure it (20% driveline loss would give 222WHP / 0.8 = 277HP). The experts will tell you that this is just about reaching the limits of what is capable with the stock TD04.

I will say that the stage-2 is a massive improvement over stock, and will put a big grin on your face. Right now I'm driving around without my Unichip onboard, and it's absolutely depressing.

-Pace

If you take a look at some of the other numbers on their site you would see that they dyno'd the stock car at a max whp of 168. SOA claims the car does 227 at the crank.

TurboXS numbers for their different stages (whp):

a) Stage 1: 199.9
    b) Stage 2: 222.4
    c) Stage FP: 246
    d) Stage FP w/inj & pump: 250.9
    e) Stage VF30: 253.4

a) 227/168*199.9=270.1 crank
    b) 227/168*222.4=300.5 crank
    c) 227/168*246=332.4 crank
    d) 227/168*250.9=339.0 crank
    e) 227/168*253.4=342.4 crank

If you assume the drive train loss stays the same with the different stages as it does stock then the TurboXS stage 2 kit would indeed do 300 at the crank (b).

Carlo

Well, the logic is somewhat flawed because: (a) numbers vary from dynamometer to dynamometer (so what TurboXS measure is likely not what Subaru would measure). Subaru's dynamometer might measure the same vehicle at 175WHP. And (b) power and torque numbers vary considerably from WRX to WRX. It's possible, if not likely that TurboXS' stock WRX was nowhere near the claimed 227.

Using the numbers above we find that they are accounting for a 26% driveline loss. I don't think that is realistic. As I said, most all the people that are well informed on this subject will tell you the stock turbo configuration is not capable of supporting 300HP.

-Pace