Samco Intercooler Hoses Installed!!!

This is a discussion on Samco Intercooler Hoses Installed!!! within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I spent about two hours on Sunday installing my Samco intercooler hoses. I had to trim about a 1/4" off ...

Thumbs up Samco Intercooler Hoses Installed!!!

I spent about two hours on Sunday installing my Samco intercooler hoses. I had to trim about a 1/4" off of two places on the Y hose, but everything went together really well.

I wasn't expecting to be able to feel the 4-6HP that these hoses are supposed to give you, but much to my surprise, I could. The power seems smoother and the car seems to pull further up the rev range than before. I'm very happy with the hoses. They were $145 well spent!!!

I plan to go to Atco tomorrow and test out the hoses and the Link ECU. I still have quite a bit of tuning to do on the ECU, but I'm looking to improve atleast a tenth tomorrow.

-Jim

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Moderating on the run! Big Sky WRX's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    I too had to trim 1/4 - 1/2" off of both y's to get the hose to lie correctly. Definitely a worthwhile mod. I also replaced the radiator hoses as well- no hp gains - but peace of mind- OK pretty too.

Big Sky

any pics guys? i'd love to see the finished product. good luck at the track plat. have fun tuning.

dR

Now that the weather's warmed up and I'm driving with the windoews down, do you guys also hear the sssszzzzzzsssshshshshsh when the turbo kicks in? I luv it.

dr,

I took some pics, but they are a long time from being developed. I have to get my last roll developed because I have Link ECU install pics on that roll.

-Jim

Originally posted by dark_rex
    any pics guys? i'd love to see the finished product. good luck at the track plat. have fun tuning.

dR

Originally posted by bedabi
    Now that the weather's warmed up and I'm driving with the windoews down, do you guys also hear the sssszzzzzzsssshshshshsh when the turbo kicks in? I luv it.
    bedabi

you wanna hear something better....put an Injen CAI on with a Godspeed uppipe....a wicked, wicked, whooshing on the windup and a giant high powered flush between shifts....with the windows up!
    Silver 2002 WRX...far from stock

An error made on your own is safer that ten truths accepted on faith, because the first allows you the means to correct it, but the second destroys ones ability to distinguish truth from error.--Ayn Rand

That which has been is that which will be, and that which has been done is that wich will be done-so there is nothing new under the sun.-Solomon

Moderating YOU
    before you had your Subaru!
    I Support ClubWRX
    I noticed that after I installed my unichip, I could hear the turbo and intake a lot more...not exactly sure why, but it sounds great. I was really missing the sound of my Blitz intake when I had to put the stock intake back in and now the sound is partially back...w00t!
    Armin - ClubWRX Admin/Moderator since 2002
    Senior Editor and Photographer, NWMotiv.com
    Photography Portfolios: ArminAusejo.com | ArminWeddings.com
    President, Project One Car Club
    02 WRX "EVA-00" | 2010 A4, still to be named | 02 M3 "M-Thrizzle" (traded in) | 08 STI "Blaze" (sold)
    djrez4 is a genius | ScoobyDMC #010

Originally posted by bedabi
    bedabi: with your window down you can hear your turbo spooling up? damn I can't wait to set mine up. Too bad a lot of places never have the colour for the hoses I want or have any at all in stock.

With my radio off my WRX makes a whole bunch of noises. When I shift fast I hear the clutch releasing, making that 300-500rpm spike(dunno what you really call it, funny only car that ever does this), my WRX also makes the deceleration noise and if you got good ears you can hear the bov too. But most of all what I like is the turbo spooling up. My car is bone stock, but damn it makes a lot of noise for a stock car. I love it though , you get to hear all the cool things working, but dunno if they are working properly .
    Plux

God
    I can't hear squat over my incredibly loud exhaust rumble and the loud as hell Blitz BOV.
    Daniel Ponze, Lead Tuner Tuning Factory, Inc.
    PH: (248) 477-0700___FX: (248) 477-0701