Vishnu uppipe

This is a discussion on Vishnu uppipe within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; ppl, anyone with stage 0, do you think you will have problems with the uppipe and smog...I understand uppipe pre-cat ...

Vishnu uppipe

ppl,
    anyone with stage 0, do you think you will have problems with the uppipe and smog...I understand uppipe pre-cat is for cold start emissions....but do you think it will pass the visual and will they be able to detect the missing pre-cat with thier gizmos?

duckride

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

what exactly do you want to know? Removing catalytic converters is against federal law. everyone seems to be doing it anyway, since you don't have to smog your car for 4 years...and it really doesn't cost much to have the OE pipes put back on if you get caught when you go into get smoged.

Hmmm...I think you answered my question.....So basically the idea is that you replace your oe when you go for a smog...untill then you are illegal suits me!

I'd take it in with the mods and see if you get away with it first....the worst that can happen is you'll fail, and have to come back....most shops won't charge you to re-test. so if you fail swap the oe pipes, pass, then swap back. again...this is totally illegal, and I'm not advocating this...this is all just a hypothecial discussion anyway since noone here would dare break the laws of all wise and all knowing legislature who in their wisdom chose to rob my #$(*ING car of 50 (*&#$ing horsepower for the good of the nation and the spotted owl.

Talking

Totally agree

Houston, TX / Athens, GA -at the same time!
    I Support ClubWRX
    ok, when u remove the cat, you'll still pass the emissions sniffer test cause the wrx is a LEV, so there wont be any probs there, but of course you'll fail the visual inspection cause they'll notice a cat is missing when the specs say there should be 3. but so what if its illegal, a cop wont be able to tell the difference - they prolly dont even know what a cat is. so nothing will ever happen till u take the car in for the emissions inspection