Exhaust Systems / Combos Log - Page 9
+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

This is a discussion on Exhaust Systems / Combos Log within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; wrapped oem manifold (no heatshields) for wrap/spray gutted oem up pipe

wrapped bosal downpipe 0 for pipe, ...

wrapped oem manifold (no heatshields) $20 for wrap/spray
    gutted oem up pipe $0
    wrapped bosal downpipe $240 for pipe, $20 for wrap/spray
    gutted oem midpipe $20 for spare
    oem resonator pipe $0
    txs magnaflow muffler $220 used

total 20+240+20+20+220 = $520

sounds great, looks like it has 2 of three original cats. i retained the oem dp and mp so if i need to pass a sniffer about a half-hour's worth of work will do it no worries.

ken

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Helix Up pipe
    Helix Down pipe
    Blitz Nur spec cat vack

the only setup of its kind

stock
    stock
    and stock
    (not for long though)
    04 silver bone stock(for now)

Prodrive muffler

I replaced the stock muffler with the Prodrive muffler. I just love it, and the sound has a low bass sound and yet not too loud. It is lovely I am not familiar with the exhuast system such as up-pipe, down pipe or mid-pipe. BUT I do want to increase my hp start from changing the exhuast system. At least I know by putting the Prodrive muffler won't give me much hp. It is mostly for the looks and sounds. So my question here is can anyone tell me what do you call the pipe that is connected to the muffler, mid-pipe? And what brand should you recommed since I have Prodrive muffler already? Is there a exhuast system chart on the ClubWRX.net? Thanks

WRXGOOOOb

GReddy SP2, im happy with it, it has the nice low rumble, not obnoxious at all.
    <---------------------I dont have the sonic WRX anymore....decided it was time for an upgrade!

full MRT turboback exhaust
    TurboXS uppipe

accessport to remove CEL
    mods in profile

What xhaust system do you use?

Fellas,

What exhaust systems do you use? I am juggling these three around:

- APEXi GT Spec
    - Blitz racing exhaust
    - KKS xhaust

Which ones do you use? Which do you recommend?

Moderating YOU
    before you had your Subaru!
    I Support ClubWRX
    I had one of the first Blitz catbacks in the country and I loved it. VERY loud though. I now have an Espelir JGT500 catback...same low rumbly tone as the Blitz, but nowhere near as loud, plus it has better flow. I couldn't be any happier
    Armin - ClubWRX Admin/Moderator since 2002
    Senior Editor and Photographer, NWMotiv.com
    Photography Portfolios: ArminAusejo.com | ArminWeddings.com
    President, Project One Car Club
    02 WRX "EVA-00" | 2010 A4, still to be named | 02 M3 "M-Thrizzle" (traded in) | 08 STI "Blaze" (sold)
    djrez4 is a genius | ScoobyDMC #010

borla hush CBE. juggling which DP im going with as im keeping my 3rd cat or getting a highflow cat replacement.

i like the stromungs and a few other shorty DPs though....may go with a daddys system.
    Vanitas vanitatum...et omnia vanitas

Thumbs up

hey guys,im new here..anyways,i run all invidia turbo back and its awesome..couldnt be happier

I am running the Apex-i GTspec catback mated to an HKS Downpipe.

the exhaust is good quality, looks really nice IMO, and has a deep tone... the only downfall is that it is REALLY loud...
    If you want something subdued and fairly quiet, this is NOT the exhaust for you. but if you want a loud rumble, screaming on top end and attention grabbing exhaust, this is perfect

HKS, Apexi gt spect, and blitz are all pretty similar in sounds and looks IMO
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Originally posted by Verdugo
    I had one of the first Blitz catbacks in the country and I loved it. VERY loud though. I now have an Espelir JGT500 catback...same low rumbly tone as the Blitz, but nowhere near as loud, plus it has better flow. I couldn't be any happier
    I'm running the same setup as Armin (thanks again for the recommendation), just an awesome setup!! I also couldn't be happier

I think everyone thinks they have the best exhaust system. I have an invidia TBE, and believe me it beats all of yours! Ha!

p.s. did you mean HKS instead of KKS?

Moderating YOU
    before you had your Subaru!
    I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by 04silver bullet
    I'm running the same setup as Armin (thanks again for the recommendation), just an awesome setup!! I also couldn't be happier
    Armin - ClubWRX Admin/Moderator since 2002
    Senior Editor and Photographer, NWMotiv.com
    Photography Portfolios: ArminAusejo.com | ArminWeddings.com
    President, Project One Car Club
    02 WRX "EVA-00" | 2010 A4, still to be named | 02 M3 "M-Thrizzle" (traded in) | 08 STI "Blaze" (sold)
    djrez4 is a genius | ScoobyDMC #010

GReddy SP2, nice deep rumble without the loud factor. If you want people to hear you a mile away, i wouldnt suggest GReddy.
    <---------------------I dont have the sonic WRX anymore....decided it was time for an upgrade!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.