Exhaust Systems / Combos Log - Page 4
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on Exhaust Systems / Combos Log within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Stock uppipe HKS dp Greddy Evo catback Not too loud, but alot of power and great tone. Highly recomended...

Stock uppipe
    HKS dp
    Greddy Evo catback

Not too loud, but alot of power and great tone.

Highly recomended
    02 aspen white wrx

1/4 ET 13.9

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

wow, some really great responses here, but i think i am just more confused then ever. a couple of questions, does replacing the uppipe and downpipe void the factory warranty? also what does everyone think of their exaust systems? originally i was just going to purchase a borla cat back exaust, but now i dont know what to think. i just want something that isnt too loud, like a low rumble and an increase in performance. any help would be appreciated.

Originally posted by dosage0
    Maybe my brain is just fried, but I went to turboxs's website and couldnt find exactly what a stealthback is? I'm thinking about getting a godspeed uppipe and am undecided on the downpipe. Going with a prodrive muffler because I have heard it is very quiet. I have also heard though that the stock muffler will work just as well and probably only drop horsepower by ~5.

Any idea?

Rob
    More like 15-20. The stock muffler is a huge restriction. Shiv had problems tuning with it on. There was a post about it. Do a search and you'll find it.

The stock muffler is bad. You want something that is straight-through.

TurboXS stealthback is just the TurboXS turboback without the muffler. Any muffler that will bolt up to stock system will work with it.
    Bill

RIP REX

Originally posted by billy brown 66
    wow, some really great responses here, but i think i am just more confused then ever. a couple of questions, does replacing the uppipe and downpipe void the factory warranty? also what does everyone think of their exaust systems? originally i was just going to purchase a borla cat back exaust, but now i dont know what to think. i just want something that isnt too loud, like a low rumble and an increase in performance. any help would be appreciated.
    Yes, replacing any pipes voids some part of your warranty, unless you get them from a tuner-friendly dealer.

Also, replacing working cats is a federal offense.

If you want to stay warranty and goverment-friendly, get a cat-back or, better yet, a prodrive axle-back. No problems, better performance and better sound.
    Bill

RIP REX

Vishnu 321 Uppipe
    Exhaust Depot catless 2.5" downpipe
    Exhaust Depot catless 2.5" 3rd-cat eliminator
    Stock resonator
    turboXS magnaflow muffler.

It's just about perfect for me right now. I think I want to move to a Perrin catless downpipe in the near future though.

its tough to realize performance with just an axleback muffler. as far as sound goes, you wont hear close to the rumble or turbo whistle without going for the turbo-back. for the two hours that it takes to install a turbo-back exhaust, you should take the time to do it. youll learn a lot about your car, and realize huge performance gains (how does 27+ hp at the wheels sound? (my turboxs turboback)) anyway, freeing up that downpipe is the biggest issue. if you have car trouble, and youre worried about problems with your warrantee, just take the two hours to replace the stock exhaust system before you take your car in for repairs.
    '02 MBP WRX

by the way, i hope you know what youre getting into with the uppipe install... if you want to go with "mild", easily reversible mods, save the uppipe for later. stick with exhaust and boost control. the stock uppipe has a cat in it, once you remove the cat, you allow for quicker turbo spool (about 500 rpms if i remember correctly), and a little extra power. definitely a valueable mod, but its really not worth doing the install, imo, if youre not going to go further with the car.
    '02 MBP WRX

Turbo Xs Down Pipe
    Turbo Xs Cat Pipe
    Turbo Xs Mid pipe
    Turbo XS RFL-Ti muffler

(On the way[damn eastcoast power outage])
    My Car is 100% STOCK!
    Pics

Originally posted by platano
    At 14???
    shoot , I'd hit it at current age, on roof of the car, with cousin driving , neighbor and town priest in the back seat, and that kid from "N.Korea" riding shotgun.

hks down pipe ,and mbrp cat back , no up pipe yet . have no money.

Cobb cat back, Turbo XS downpipe, and stock up...for now.

MRT flex up-pipe
    MRT down-pipe (with cat)
    Tanabe Hyper-Medallion cat-back (meets 95dB laws)

bosal DP, stock 3rd cat, bosal catback
    stock UP for now.....

Originally posted by Scrat WRX
    Yes...repeat to yourself "Pony Express is my friend...Pony Express is my friend..." and send them $20. Well worth it, no regrets.
    installed this past weekend.

all systems go.

dR

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Stock gutted uppipe
    TXS downpipe
    TXS catpipe
    Stock muffler

I'm ordering an OBX muffler in September to finish out my exhaust.

Originally posted by Bask Oner
    OEM Up-pipe (Autospeed Flex at some point)
    TurboXS Stealth-back (Cat-less)
    Prodrive Axle-back

PonyExpress MIL Eliminator to fix the CEL.
    Matt you need an up pipe pronto.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.