Exhaust Systems / Combos Log - Page 12
+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516 LastLast

This is a discussion on Exhaust Systems / Combos Log within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Other angled exhaust tips: -HKS Hi-Power -Apexi N1 -Apexi GT-spec -Invidia catback -RS*R catback -Helix catback (sorta.....well, maybe not really) ...

Other angled exhaust tips:

-HKS Hi-Power
    -Apexi N1
    -Apexi GT-spec
    -Invidia catback
    -RS*R catback
    -Helix catback (sorta.....well, maybe not really)

I'm sure there's others. You can search and find info/pics on any of those very easily.
    I'm TheBoostCreep, and I approved this message.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Thanks for the info....I see the HKS Hiper exhaust is like the Carbon TI, except cheaper. Would I be able to do UP/DP/stock cat-back or no? I know you can get a lot of power from the UP/MP/DP. Can you do those and keep the stock cat-back?

Do a search and you will find out tons of information about uppipes downpipes and anything else you can imagine. The up and downpipes is where you are going to find power. The catback won't give you a whole heck of a lot. Basically there are Uppipes, Downpipes that get rid of the downpipe catalytic converter, ones that get rid of both the catalytic converters after the downpipe, and others that get rid of both cats and use a high flow cat for emissions. After the downpipe portion you are looking into catbacks. I would look into getting a downpipe and uppipe first and at the same time to make installation easier. Like I said do a search and you will find limitless information on this stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Juki
    Thanks for the info....I see the HKS Hiper exhaust is like the Carbon TI, except cheaper. Would I be able to do UP/DP/stock cat-back or no? I know you can get a lot of power from the UP/MP/DP. Can you do those and keep the stock cat-back?

Moderating YOU
    before you had your Subaru!
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBoostCreep
    Other angled exhaust tips:

-HKS Hi-Power
    -Apexi N1
    -Apexi GT-spec
    -Invidia catback
    -RS*R catback
    -Helix catback (sorta.....well, maybe not really)

I'm sure there's others. You can search and find info/pics on any of those very easily.
    Forgot the Espelir JGT500 catback
    Armin - ClubWRX Admin/Moderator since 2002
    Vice President and Editorial Manager, NWMotiv.com
    Photography Portfolios: ArminAusejo.com | ArminWeddings.com
    President, Project One Car Club
    02 WRX "EVA-00" | 15 Audi S3 "Ella" | 2010 A4 (traded in) | 02 M3 "M-Thrizzle" (traded in) | 08 STI "Blaze" (sold)
    djrez4 is a genius | ScoobyDMC #010

Helix up-pipe
    Helix Bellmouth 3in SS Down pipe
    Apexi GT Spec Cat-back
    Amazing spool, amazing sound.

Helix Up
    Helix Dp
    JIC Bullet - Loud as hell w/o silencer

Tbe

-Perrin Up pipe
    -Bosal Downpipe
    -Bosal Twin Tip cat-back

HKS: DP & Cat-back
    Not so stock now... muhaha!!!
    (The token wagon at every meet.)
    eBacchus.com

This is a pretty old thread. To update, I have close to 5000+ miles on my setup and still no leaks. Also, this setup helped make 242whp and 242wtq on a Dynojet with no leaks. Not the best setup for an exaust as I usually like things to work flawlessly and to not have to be rigged up, but this has worked for me. Sounds good too. But that is just an opinion.

i Just wanted to know if the Cobb Dp with match up with the hi-power hks catback. Any help would be great.

I Support ClubWRX
    05 WRX W/

HKS HiPower Cat Back
    HKS Up Pipe
    HKS Down Pipe
    AEM Short Ram Intake

For now the exhaust sounds great, have yet to install up/dp will write back when I do

Had invidia downpipe and Borla Catback, but replaced the invidia with my stock downpipe.
    "Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege."
    -The replacement for displacement is technology-
    "Never drive faster then your Guardian Angel can follow" -well b1tch, you better start catching up

have 15,000 on an RS-r Ex Mag GT2 cat back, no leaks, loudest WRX in Pittsburgh (no silencer). People always think I have some V8 or something bananas like that!!! Best sounding one I know of, call Mark at SP-Engineering, he will hook you up, if he can figure out how to send the right stuff... jk, they sent me the wrong downpipe, I ordered the Stainless GT2 downpipe and they sent me the ceramic coated one, so when I get that I will have 80mm?? piping the whole way to the cannister, might be 60 something, i forget, no cats though, ill have pretty blue flames now!!! Oh and an HKS cell fix and O2 spacer from MPJ too. Theyre cheaper than Oakos, not by much though, but cheapest on almost everything! Sorry, Im bored at work... I will stop now, work makes me
    04 Java Black Pearl - Sleek Eye

All you see is my license plate... SCOOBY-X

Quote Originally Posted by GOD The Almighty
    Patrick, you are a complete accident

Is it worth getting a different up pipe or should i just gut the stock one?
    --04 Java Black Pearl--
    Injen RD 1200 Intake...soon to be gone.im not sure yet...

Running catless:
    Cobb downpipe
    Greddy Evo 2 catback
    Sweet deep sounds!
    "You have a sunburn, mmm, like chokolada, ahhh, it's you, me and Pina Colada."

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.