VF37 & VF39 vs. other turbos
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on VF37 & VF39 vs. other turbos within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Could someone please give a comparison of how the VF37 & VF39 turbos are supposed to fare against other VF ...

VF37 & VF39 vs. other turbos

Could someone please give a comparison of how the VF37 & VF39 turbos are supposed to fare against other VF & PE turbos (Garrett/HKS turbos are in a different lot IMO)? Particularly, I had been looking at the VF34 & PE1818/PE1818F turbos, and was wondering where the VF37 & VF39 turbos fit in terms of spoolup, low, mid, & top end power? Also, any references to guides on external sites would be nice as well. Thanks in advance!

P.S. If any of you are running a VF37 or VF39 turbo (in your 2.0 WRX I mean), please tell me about it.
    Last edited by HardCore; 07-25-2003 at 02:26 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Registered User Oo DaRk StAr oO's Avatar
    The VF37 if I am not mistaken is the Twin Scroll so you would need a new uppipe and headers.

The VF39 from what I have been told from STI owners isnt the greatest turbo on the market. I am still impressed by the 18g and 20g's out there.
    BRS Autodesign | Sportmax Racing | Falken Tyres | Seibon | C2 Power
    http://www.socalspyders.com/gallery/files/1/sig.jpg
    2001 Toyota MR2-S | So Cal Spyders | Car Domain Site

I haven't begun my modification process but it was going to involve a new uppipe & new headers anyway; however, I am trying to decide on what turbo I will eventually upgrade to from the start, so that I can keep that in mind while doing my upgrades. My current choices are either the VF34 or the PE1818 (I've been trying to get a direct/complete comparison of these two turbos down, but it's not been easy). From what you say, the VF39 is out the window, but I'm still interested in what the VF37 has to offer. Being twin scroll, what advantages/disadvantages does it offer over the other turbos (particularly the VF34)?

bump for a thread id like to see more about. I know its old. Iv got a 39 on my bugeye and am switching to a VF37 set up.

While the 39 might not be the greatest turbo out there, name one other vf series you can get for $300, if I were going with a vf series, I would get a 39, there are differences in the others, but nothing that justifies the price jump IMO
    94 Anthracite 6spd Supra - 9.87@147

LS2 RX7-2014 Tundra DC-GD Race Car In Progress

Banned
    I too would like a comparison of the 16g and vf39 as I have these two turbos waiting here to be swapped into my wrx.

By no means am I a supporter of NASIOC but there is a really good thread about all the turbos out there for the WRX & STI:
    http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show....php?t=1141476

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.