X-Large can of Whoopass openned at Turbo XS. New dyno record!
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on X-Large can of Whoopass openned at Turbo XS. New dyno record! within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Well folks. Just got back from Turbo XS. Mark and Phil did an excellent job as usual in tuning my ...

God

X-Large can of Whoopass openned at Turbo XS. New dyno record!

Well folks. Just got back from Turbo XS. Mark and Phil did an excellent job as usual in tuning my car. After installing my Blitz front mount intercooler the car was running extremely poorly with excessive lean conditions at light throttle. I had not taken it to WOT for fear of damaging something. The difference in what the car was able to do today was nothing short of miraculous. After street tuning the car, it was as smooth as it was stock with much improved drivability. Now on to the good stuff. I set a new record for dyno on pump fuel. 311.5 whp at 19 PSI as measured on the Dynapack. Assuming 20% driveline loss this is approximately 390 HP at the crank. To put this in perpective I am now making slightly more than Crazy Al was on race fuel (with his previous setup). Power is now akin to getting hit in your back with a sledghammer. Just jaw dropping power to the point of being almost too much for many to handle. For the record not one ounce of lag was introduced with the front mount and throttle response is as sharp as before if not better. Needless to say I'm estatic. Wonder what she'll do on race fuel?
    I traced my yellow dyno curve with a pen as it was almost impossible to see. The blue line is a stock WRX for comparison.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails dyno3112.jpg  
    Daniel Ponze, Lead Tuner Tuning Factory, Inc.
    PH: (248) 477-0700___FX: (248) 477-0701

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Moderating YOU
    before you had your Subaru!
    I Support ClubWRX
    One word: WOW
    Armin - ClubWRX Admin/Moderator since 2002
    Senior Editor and Photographer, NWMotiv.com
    Photography Portfolios: ArminAusejo.com | ArminWeddings.com
    President, Project One Car Club
    02 WRX "EVA-00" | 2010 A4, still to be named | 02 M3 "M-Thrizzle" (traded in) | 08 STI "Blaze" (sold)
    djrez4 is a genius | ScoobyDMC #010

I am sure everyone else is wondering--what are "the trimmings" and how much did the whole setup cost? BTW, when are you going to race it on a strip?

God
    Oops, yes here are my mods:

PE1818F turbo
    PE fuel pump
    Godspeed Uppipe
    Godspeed downpipe
    Kakimoto GT1 OZ titanium exhaust
    Blitz SUS intake
    Blitz SBC-id
    Blitz 8 heat range platinum plugs (gapped to 0.030)
    Blitz front mount intercooler
    STi injectors
    Custom tuned Unichip.

Jesus Christ God...okay don't take offense to that those that are offended. That's amazing! After I win the WA lottery this Saturday evening, I'll have my WRX trailered to MD. so that Phil can try and squeeze 311.6 out of mine. Of course even if I had the same equipment as you, I would have the advantage with the carbon fiber dash kit (don't hate my dash because its beautiful).

That's excellent to see such numbers. Congrats and be safe God (is that an oxymoron?).
    Platinum sedan with:
    TurboXS Stage II - TurboXS unichip and downpipe and catback, Godspeed uppipe, TurboXS Type H BOV, silencer removed, carbon fiber dash kit (real), H&R springs, 17" Prodrive P1's Anthracite, Foglight mod with no Daytime, and 20% tint

god

this is exactly why i listen to your advice and your mods are almost exactly like mine besides the PE1818, i have the PE1820. i know you heard this before - Dan, you da man!!!!
    tell me how it would be different with a PE1820?
    let the a$$ kicking begin!

I Support ClubWRX
    I'm jealous...

God- *YOU DA MAN*

dan,
    that's amazing... amazing. be in touch re: up-pipe. you got my email and phone, right?

marcus

Congrats!

How does 180 HP jump from 3,000 - 5,000 rpm range feel?

Are you gonna take your car to drag strip anytime soon? Or did you say you're preparing for road racing event in summer? If I was making that much HP and TQ, then I would be scared to take my car to the strip because of the tranny.

A quick question. What's your injector duty cycle? Aren't you close to maxing out the STi injectors at that level of power? Just curious.

Well, all I can do is just sit here and wish that I had that much $$$. Keep us updated on your suspension set up too!

For the record not one ounce of lag was introduced with the front mount and throttle response is as sharp as before if not better

very cool. i'm glad your baby is running top notch again (and then some!! )

got any pics to share?

ps where did you get the gaps for the blitz plugs?

dR
    Last edited by dark_rex; 03-08-2002 at 04:36 AM.

Sheesh...and y'all are impressed by those numbers??

j/k. Nice work man On pump no less. Very impressive. And I'll have to jump on the pics bandwagon and ask if you have any. Your exhaust sounds nice too, what's the smallest tip they make in that exhaust?

VV

God
    1820 will have a power curve shifted up by a couple hundred RPM is all. Yes Marcus. I'll take care of the uppipe. I'm just swamped today. I'm at 90% duty cycle at redline. Very safe. I figure with a Maxim Works Exhaust Manifold I'll be at 325 whp maybe more. The Blitz plugs come pregapped at 0.030. I thought it was a decent gap and considering it's a pain to change the plugs I wanted to make sure I wouldn't misfire on the dyno. I might get an extra HP or two if I opened them up a tad but not worth it most likely. I say leave them at their preset gapping. I don't have any pics really but it doesn't llook like anything special. Stock looking wagon. Even stock wheels and suspension right now for winter. Only thing giving it away is the exhaust and the front mount. I don't even have any fog lights.

thanks for the comments on the gaps. i wouldn't spread them either. the tiny gains wouldn't be worth it. i still want pics though damn it.

but let me just get this straight. you've got no fogs, stock wheels and suspension. so basically, save the hood scoop, you look like an rs wagon but have approx 390hp at the crank?

LOL

dR

I Support ClubWRX

you bastard!

GO to the track TONIGHT! I want to see some times. You should hit LOW 12's at least. (no pressure though).

-C
    Street Racer Emeritus
    '02 2.5L WRX - Retired

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast