Water Injection Installed - Page 6
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

This is a discussion on Water Injection Installed within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally posted by aussieinstlouis It shouldn't you are not injecting water at idle or stop. start the car and confirm ...

Originally posted by aussieinstlouis
    It shouldn't you are not injecting water at idle or stop.
    start the car and confirm that the green 'fuel injector' light is flashing on the controller
    The fuel injector light does flash on the controller.

Do I have to prime the pump also? Or will it fill the hose when water injection is working?

I ran around the block real quick the red light turns on for the water injection. It just hasnt moved any water from the tank to the pump yet.
    Last edited by WRX-Hellfire; 08-13-2003 at 04:25 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

here is a quick check you can do with the car parked.
    unplug the connectors on the pressure manifold - the pump should start

you may also want to 'prime' the pump by undoing the feed to the pump and sucking the water through before reattaching it

here is a quick check you can do with the car parked.
    unplug the connectors on the pressure manifold - the pump should start

you may also want to 'prime' the pump by undoing the feed to the pump and sucking the water through before reattaching it
    I unplugged the connector to the pressure manifold and the pump does not start. Must be wired wrong then, 12V ignition incorrect?

yeah - it should start when you do that - check that 12V ignition (purple wire)

yeah - it should start when you do that - check that 12V ignition (purple wire)
    I tested the puple wire from the12V ignition all the way to the 40A relay and I have power all the way there. How is the relay suppose to work?

I also used my tester to connect the circuit and the pump turns on so I know that works, it just does not work if I do not complete the circuit.

I checked the power wire comming out of the 40A relay(right at the plastic relay piece) and it has no power. So I get power into the relay but not out of it to the pump.

Any ideas? Do the wires comming off of the pressue sensor switch(806-162) have to be on a certain way? IE + and - side?

Do you have 12V constant on the red wire and a good ground on the black that go to the relay?

The red and black provide the power for the pump. THe purple simply closes the relay to apply that power.

the pressure manifold and the pressure switch have no polarity

Have you checked the 15A pump fuse?

Do you have 12V constant on the red wire and a good ground on the black that go to the relay?

The red and black provide the power for the pump. THe purple simply closes the relay to apply that power.
    I have a 12V constant on the red wire a rechecked the ground. It looks good also.

On the relay itself, I have power comming into it on the red wire and purple wire, but there is no power comming out of the 15A fused wire. I checked the prong at the relay itself and there is no power comming out of the relay on the 15A fused wire. Could the relay be bad?

have you got the relay properly seated in the connector?

There is some possibility that the relay is bad - you should be able to hear the relay click when you apply power to the purple wire.

Have you pulled the fuse out and checked it?

have you got the relay properly seated in the connector?

There is some possibility that the relay is bad - you should be able to hear the relay click when you apply power to the purple wire.

Have you pulled the fuse out and checked it?
    I reseated the connection to the relay a few times and still no power to the fused line. I pulled the fuse and it looks ok, I also checked for power where the fused line connects to the relay and no power.

There is no click noise when power is applied to the purple wire. The only thing I do get is power out of the center plug off the 40A relay side. Not sure why since it does not appear to connect to anything.

Contact Richard Lamb at www.aquamist.co.uk

Contact Richard Lamb at www.aquamist.co.uk
    Crap, finally got it working

It was a bad relay. Replaced it and now everything works.

Thanks for all the help

Now to get it dyno tuned next week
    Last edited by WRX-Hellfire; 08-14-2003 at 02:43 PM.

good to hear!

did you get it dyno tuned? can you feel the difference?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.