Water Injection Installed - Page 4
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

This is a discussion on Water Injection Installed within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I use less than a gallon of water per tank of fuel - so there are little weight penalties - ...

I use less than a gallon of water per tank of fuel - so there are little weight penalties - a lot less than a Nitrous set up.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

~1 Gallon water to 15 Gallons of fuel?

That's a decent ratio. So whenever you go to refuel the car, just remember to add a gallon of water. That's not bad at all.

If you've only got an extra gallon or two of water, it would seem for the performance gains (or should I say additional performance potential) that far outweighs the additional weight.

Your WI system is badass. Anything that allows cooler temps and higher boost gets my vote.

-Bis

The WRX that became the Evolution IX.

Originally posted by aussieinstlouis
    Those are all the pics I took. I tapped the injector at the ECU - much easier to find there. The wiring on the 2D is the hardest part - it goes everywhere!
    Thanks

I am getting a headache from looking at all this wiring

I use less than a gallon of water per tank of fuel - so there are little weight penalties - a lot less than a Nitrous set up.
    aussieinstlouis,
    I am in the middle of the install and wondering how you connected the hose to the windshield washer tank?

Also I got the float switch for the tank but not sure where it connects to? The float switch only had the lever and 2 wires coming off it. Was there suppose to be a light for the cabin or did you buy one?

Is it just me or were there no directions other than the basic diagram?

Thanks in advance

If you were to cool the gasoline down somehow in combination with the cooler air, would you see even better results? I'm pondering and would like input on this.
    - F r a n z
    Bucky with teh lime powah!

Originally posted by WRX-Hellfire
    aussieinstlouis,
    I am in the middle of the install and wondering how you connected the hose to the windshield washer tank?

Also I got the float switch for the tank but not sure where it connects to? The float switch only had the lever and 2 wires coming off it. Was there suppose to be a light for the cabin or did you buy one?

Is it just me or were there no directions other than the basic diagram?

Thanks in advance
    For the hose - I went the home depot and went to the connctors and ice maker department and found a rubber seal that fitted the big hose through the centre and had those sealing ridges on the bit that jammed in the hole.

For the float switch - drill a big freakin hole in the tank! Make sure you have some sealant for when you tighten it down. You will need to buy an LED from radio shack and a 470 ohm resistor. It does not wire into the 2D system - it is just a convienevt add on.

from a 12V ignition source wire the LED and resistor in series and connect the float switch between that and a ground. That is it. Make sure the switch is mounted the right way so that it CLOSES when the level is low. You can get the LEDs with the mounting bezel like in my install for about a buck.

This might be a dumb question but can you use the water injection and the nitrous spray together

Originally posted by I H8 V8's
    This might be a dumb question but can you use the water injection and the nitrous spray together
    I do not know for sure, but I cannot see a problem.

For the hose - I went the home depot and went to the connctors and ice maker department and found a rubber seal that fitted the big hose through the centre and had those sealing ridges on the bit that jammed in the hole.

For the float switch - drill a big freakin hole in the tank! Make sure you have some sealant for when you tighten it down. You will need to buy an LED from radio shack and a 470 ohm resistor. It does not wire into the 2D system - it is just a convienevt add on.

from a 12V ignition source wire the LED and resistor in series and connect the float switch between that and a ground. That is it. Make sure the switch is mounted the right way so that it CLOSES when the level is low. You can get the LEDs with the mounting bezel like in my install for about a buck.
    Thanks for the info. Going to continue the install later this week. Only had time to mount the pump and manifold pressure sensor.

Originally posted by Th3Franz
    If you were to cool the gasoline down somehow in combination with the cooler air, would you see even better results? I'm pondering and would like input on this.
    I believe a company that sells the C02 spray kit has one that routes the fuel through a 'block' to cool it.
    '12 WRB Sedan

Originally posted by Th3Franz
    Cooling your gasoline would be in the noise compared to the gains you get from water injection.

Gasoline can only absorb 2.02 kJ/kg for each degree celcius it heats up as opposed to the 2256 kJ/kg water absorbs as it vaporises.

There is no point in cooling your gas tank!

Thanks for putting this up on the site.

I'd heard about water injection, but never completely understood it. Now I do. This seems like a worthwhile mod if a person is looking for higher boost and hp with more reliability.
    Bill

RIP REX

Cooling your gasoline would be in the noise compared to the gains you get from water injection.

Gasoline can only absorb 2.02 kJ/kg for each degree celcius it heats up as opposed to the 2256 kJ/kg water absorbs as it vaporises.

There is no point in cooling your gas tank!
    aussieinstlouis

Another question if you dont mind

How/where did you connect the purple wire from the 40A relay? It looks like it just wants a 12V+ connection but not from the battery.

I also did not receive the circled part in the picture. I assume yours came with it?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails water injection 005.jpg  

yeah it came with it - you are sure it is not just tightened down a long way on the pump?

It is what holds the tube to the pump....

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast