Apexi AVC-R Electronic BC

This is a discussion on Apexi AVC-R Electronic BC within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; EBC guys, I was wondering what you all think of this Apexi Boost Controller. I commited myself to buying a ...

Apexi AVC-R Electronic BC

EBC guys,

I was wondering what you all think of this Apexi Boost Controller. I commited myself to buying a used one. It looks awesome, tell me what you think.

-Jim

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I think they are really cool, but for the couple hundred more, the unichip is a MUCH better investment.

dman,

I have no desire to put a Unichip in my car because it is not end user programmable. My baby will be receiving a full brain transplant to the tune of $1500. Link ECU replacment ALL the way. That way, I get to tune my car.

Also, I'm getting a GREAT deal on the boost controller or else I would stick with my Joe P and Unichips and boost controllers get along very well also.

-Jim

God
    The AVCR is a decent unit. Lot's of features but a few bad things too.
    1. Tiny selenoid
    2. Hard to install
    3. Hard to use

BUT gives you speed/gear mapping for less than the Blitz SBC-id/Power meter combo.
    Daniel Ponze, Lead Tuner Tuning Factory, Inc.
    PH: (248) 477-0700___FX: (248) 477-0701

The Apexi EBC is awesome. It has full display functions and for someone like me who does not have a boost meter, I saved money on the gauges as well. Why not just tune the boost on the Link unit when you get it? You must be one of those that likes to change the boost according to who you are racing....

The apexi is a nice looking unit. It is a bit difficult to get around some of the settings, but I guess you just have to get used to it.
    e46 M3 (new toy)
    02 wrx w/257 swap (now sold)
    IS 300 5spd w/ NAV (hers)