O2 Sensor Thread Size?

This is a discussion on O2 Sensor Thread Size? within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Would anyone know the thread size and pitch of the threads on the Rear O2 sensor. I got a TurboXS ...

I Support ClubWRX

O2 Sensor Thread Size?

Would anyone know the thread size and pitch of the threads on the Rear O2 sensor. I got a TurboXS racepipe with a O2 bung on it and I don't want to take out the O2 sensor off of my high flow cat. So I would like to get a bolt that will block off the bung, but need to know the thread size and pitch.

Please let me know ASAP.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

18x1.5mm
    Aloha, Richard...
    Retired Moderator
    TXS Stage 4 UTEC + TMIC + JoeP
    12.75 @ 105.67mph - 1.74 60'

I Support ClubWRX
    Thanks Richard,

Found the exact bolt needed for the job. Orchard Supply and Hardware carries the following bolt as an oil drain plug that also comes with a gasket:

M18 X 1.5mm

So now you'll have a CEL because you no longer have a wideband O2 sensor connected to the bung? If so, why?
    -Ryan |Dub-Yuh Our Ex Ess Tee Eye| My Car

I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by RLsChMiDt
    So now you'll have a CEL because you no longer have a wideband O2 sensor connected to the bung? If so, why?
    Oops, forgot to mention I am also installing my MIL eliminator, so there is no use for any type of O2 sensor on this race pipe. But I will be switching back and forth with the high flow cat and the race pipe, if the race pipe makes my exhaust too loud. The race pipe may only go on for 1/4 mile days.

Hey Kurlee,
    Since you're switching between the two anyway, please post details on the difference between having that 3rd cat and not.

Also, I heard that most high-flow cats out there are really the same as the stock one but with a larger diameter. Any input you can provide on that would be appreciated.

thanks.

Hg.
    '02 Plat. Wagon, Manual

I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by QuickSilver
    Hey Kurlee,
    Since you're switching between the two anyway, please post details on the difference between having that 3rd cat and not.

Also, I heard that most high-flow cats out there are really the same as the stock one but with a larger diameter. Any input you can provide on that would be appreciated.

thanks.

Hg.
    Updates soon to come. I may even be able to take a video of the exhaust running catless, since I already have a video of it with one cat.

I will definately update this post with my findings.