p0546 code could i have possibly overtightend the egt sensor?

This is a discussion on p0546 code could i have possibly overtightend the egt sensor? within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; ok guys, i returned my car back to stock some time ago. i had been getting a p0546 code while ...

p0546 code could i have possibly overtightend the egt sensor?

ok guys, i returned my car back to stock some time ago. i had been getting a p0546 code while all the stock heatshields were off. put them back on today, reset the ecu with an obdII scan tool and guess what?? still getting a p0546. could i have overtightened the egt sensor when i reinstalled it in the factory up pipe? any other ideas on what it could be would be appreciated. i do not want to do the 2.2k ohm 1.4-1.2 watt resistor as of right now, i want to figure out the problem with the car because it is totally stock down to the factory intake silencer so it should not be setting these codes. any help would be appreciated.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

It is likely that the reason is damage to the EGT sensor.
    If you have returned to stock I would take it to the dealer.

Cheers,

Andrew

hey, i think when i was returning the car to stock i make a trade with you for your stock turbo heatshield and boost control lines for a lo-tek pillar pod?? correct me if i'm wrong.
    now the next problem is that the closest dealer for me is about 3 hours away and ahead of me one hour so i cannot make it there afterwork and since i didnt buy the car there wont give me a loner so i cannot leave it there over the weekend. know any good places to buy the sensor online?

that was me!!

I think godspeed stocks them - but first you want to do the diagnostic as in the shop manual - it may be a harness problem.

Lemme see what I can dig up.

Cheers,

Andrew

that would be great if you could help me with some diagnostics!!! that is exactly what i was looking for. searched the net and came up with nothing. i think it could also be damaged from being used in the aftermarket up pipe for a few months!! Thanks for the help!!

anybody out there know how to diagnose if the sensor is bad? i unplugged it last night and with the car running, it showed no impedance so i figure it is bad since it should read 2.2k ohm at 1250 degrees. any help is appreciated.