Re-Mapped ECU Learning Trick 10-20hp in 5 seconds :) - Page 5
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

This is a discussion on Re-Mapped ECU Learning Trick 10-20hp in 5 seconds :) within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Nick, "There is still some ignition learning that the ECU can do beyond the IAM (Coarse). The IAM is a ...

Moderating on the run! Big Sky WRX's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Nick,

"There is still some ignition learning that the ECU can do beyond the IAM (Coarse). The IAM is a single value that is applied across the board to all load and rpm sites. Once the IAM is learned, the fine ignition learning takes place. This will be smaller increments that are applied across an 8x8 matrix in the load/rpm table. The only way to very quickly establish all your fine learning it to make sure you hit all load points at all rpms - which is hard to do on public roads."

Can we see this fine learning on our delta dash? The IAM w/ DD is a breeze, you know if you have it or not. I always check before a race as I've seen it dump down to 0 before, not where you want to be before a race.

Interesting on the fine learning. I'm guesing if your not at 16, you'll never get to the fine learning? If you dip below 16 do you lose the fine learning you gained?

I do know that if your at 0 it can take forever to get it back up- better to start w/ a reset to 8.

Big Sky

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

for more detail on the algorithms used in the ECU to correct fine learning when IAM changes, you'd have to ask a engineer at Denso. . . I don't know!

I do know this: a reset on my vishnu reflashed ECU puts the IAM right to 16 right off the bat and I feel a lot less "learning" over time than I did with a stock ecu. I assume the only learning I feel now is the ST and LT fuel trims coming through.

Originally posted by **** Nogs
    can't you put it in "2" and hold the brake or does it shift on you when you're in "2" ?

The important thing is the rpm and the boost level, not so much what gear you're in - you might even just try it in "1"
    I havent tried it yet cause im fearing not being able to do it right and being stuck with a unlearned boostless ride.

I get my u/p, d/p and catback on this wednesday so im going to have to try it out. Thatnks for the tips tho.

So the bottom line is keep the car at 2500-2600 RPMS for 5 seconds? From the keyboard it sounds easy.....not sure how hard it is for real.

I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by skyjock41
    I havent tried it yet cause im fearing not being able to do it right and being stuck with a unlearned boostless ride.

I get my u/p, d/p and catback on this wednesday so im going to have to try it out. Thatnks for the tips tho.

So the bottom line is keep the car at 2500-2600 RPMS for 5 seconds? From the keyboard it sounds easy.....not sure how hard it is for real.
    You forgot to mention boost- this is the key- the engine must see load ~ 3-5psi. If you can keep a steady load (you might go a little longer than 5 secs-say 10 secs) the IAM will go up. Like I said w/ a delta dash- there is no guess work- you watch it go up real time- pretty nice.

Nick- I don't know any Denso engineers

Big Sky

I did this yesterday night, but I found that there was a problem???

The boost was lower than before in gear 1 but as same as before in gear 4. My pervious boost is 0.9 bar in gear 1 and 1.07 bar in gear 4. But now only 0.7 bar in gear 1.

Did I do anything wrong? How can I know I set the ECU to 16???

I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by eddie
    I did this yesterday night, but I found that there was a problem???

The boost was lower than before in gear 1 but as same as before in gear 4. My pervious boost is 0.9 bar in gear 1 and 1.07 bar in gear 4. But now only 0.7 bar in gear 1.

Did I do anything wrong? How can I know I set the ECU to 16???
    The only way to know for sure is w/ delta dash- I reset my ECU today- took literally all of 7 secs to jump from 8->16.

Make sure you have the same load when comparing boost- I always let the rpms drop to ~ 1800 and then stand on it (flat section of road). I always do the same thing, so I know I'm comparing apples to apples.

If your certain it isn't boosting the same, then you've likely gone the wrong direction w/ the AM, it can drop below 8.

Big Sky

Thanks for ur great help!!!

I reset ECU tonight, I found that I did wrong b4 which I can't keep at 2500rpm...tonight I keep 2500rpm and 0.25-0.35 bar more than 8s...I can get a new result...

The boost is larger than the first time I reset the ECU, from 0.7->0.96 in gear 1, 1.07->1.09 in gear 3...this is similar to my previous setting (0.89 in gear 1, 1.09 in gear 3, 1.1 in gear 4 before I reset the ECU).

The most different is the turbo start at about 3000rpm and can boost up to highest level at about 4000rpm...it's very fast!!!

Cool!!!

But the problem is the MBC can't hold the maximum boost for a long time (from 4000rpm-7000rpm)...although I use turboxs performance MBC...

Really thanks for ur great help Big Sky WRX!!!

I got my uppipe and turboback on and i took off out of the parking lot where it was installed at and it was a gutless terd. (they reset the ecu)

So at the stop light i started thinking. I have the auto. I can just sit here at the light and do the 2600rpms and 3-5psi while stopped here. Did it for like 10 seconds then just let off the brake as the light hit green.

I cant say that it worked or not cause i really dont know what the end result is supposed to feel like but i did notice the boost was back

If I want to re-map my ECU to default, how can I do?

Thanks!

I re-mapped the ECU and the most different is the turbo start at about 3000rpm and can boost up to the highest level at about 4000rpm, but I also found another problem.

That's after 4000rpm, I feel "knock"...any problem???

Did I do anything wrong???

As I always use premium fuel, why I feel "knock"?

Any problem of my Turboxs MBC?

Originally posted by eddie
    As I always use premium fuel, why I feel "knock"?

Any problem of my Turboxs MBC?

what makes you think you're feeling knock? What does it "feel" like?

Typically knock is something you hear.

I hear nothing but after 4000rpm, the feeling likes not enough fuel for the turbo to boost up although I use premium fuel.

Sorry about that as my english is not good. Do you know what I mean?

Thanks!

It sounds then like you're experiencing another issue. Perhaps the timing is not as advanced as it could be, or you're running very lean or overly rich. Black soot on your bumper would indicate being very rich. Lean fuel or retarded timing would be seen as high EGT temps.

Resurection please for a sec.

I have the O.E.M Boost gauge with MPA.

What number should I look for to get 2-4 PSI conversion from MPA.

Thanks guys

Shotgun

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast