Re-Mapped ECU Learning Trick 10-20hp in 5 seconds :) - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

This is a discussion on Re-Mapped ECU Learning Trick 10-20hp in 5 seconds :) within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey guys... my STOCK WRX only has around 1500 miles on it and I have been kind of sad because ...

Hey guys... my STOCK WRX only has around 1500 miles on it and I have been kind of sad because after 1000 miles the car never got much faster... still kind of sluggish???

Is this normal?

So tomorrow I am going to try this trick and see if it works, could someone please tell me what 3-5PSI on the Subaru OEM turbo gauge would be??

Thanks a crap load!

Mike

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

well.... .1 is about 14.5-7 psi soooo.... .02-.04 i think will be around that which you desire.....young jedi ?????
    have you ever been 4 bagged ???

this link will help you out ....it will

BOOST/VACUUM CONVERSIONS [Mpa, bar, atm, psi, inHg)
    have you ever been 4 bagged ???

Thank You I Do

Okay yeah..... ITS HARD!!! About how fast should you be going in able to accomplish this???

Originally posted by 2point0
    Okay yeah..... ITS HARD!!! About how fast should you be going in able to accomplish this???
    It's not hard, you're making it hard. Read the directions again, and when you're ready to do it, maintain 2600RPM by BRAKING with your LEFT FOOT. I know it might seem awkward, but it's to maintain constant RPMs. Brake with your left, and gas with your right. Be in third gear cus it works best, like Shiv said.
    -Ryan |Dub-Yuh Our Ex Ess Tee Eye| My Car

Just tried again.... its hard to keep the RPMs at 2600 and the turbo at .02... its like trying to pat your head and rub your belly in a circle to me.

I suck at driving I guess.

Anymore pointers?

Just tried again.... its hard to keep the RPMs at 2600 and the turbo at .02... its like trying to pat your head and rub your belly in a circle to me.

I suck at driving I guess.

Anymore pointers?
    No worries bra, you don't suck at driving cus you can't do this. Have you noticed that the harder you press the gas pedal, the harder the turbo works? It's controlled by the ECU. If you establish the .02MPa and 2600RPM, maintain that with the brake. Seriously, don't be afraid to use your brake. I guess just go out and practice before you go out and reset the ECU and mess up again. Remember, it only has to be maintained for about 5 seconds. THAT'S IT! Keep on trying, and if you're really having trouble still, PM me and we'll talk.

Hey guys... my STOCK WRX only has around 1500 miles on it and I have been kind of sad because after 1000 miles the car never got much faster... still kind of sluggish???

Is this normal?
    This is for a Re-flashed ECU not stock.

Thanks RL.

Damn PKer, Now I am really confused!

Can this be done with a STOCK WRX with a STOCK ECU, STOCK EVERYTHING?

Or are we talking about a re-flashed ECU?

Thanks RL.

Damn PKer, Now I am really confused!

Can this be done with a STOCK WRX with a STOCK ECU, STOCK EVERYTHING?

Or are we talking about a re-flashed ECU?
    We are talking about a re-flashed or re-programmed or re-mapped ECU, as the thread title says.

It works with a stock car. Because the stock ECU is the same ECU as the reflashed one, right? And I'm assuming the stock ECU has the AIM. sooo....

This works fine with a stock ECU. The stock ECU reverts to 0 knock correction when it gets "amnesia". This trick just ramps the number up at an artificial (increased) rate.

Works the same on stock as well as re-flashed ECU's.
    Aloha, Richard...
    Retired Moderator
    TXS Stage 4 UTEC + TMIC + JoeP
    12.75 @ 105.67mph - 1.74 60'

ok.. wheres teh ECU and how do i reset it?! i need to do this ASAP.. i hate getting crap mpg =) and want more speed..
    "All the auto WRXs I've driven (alot, I work at a dealership) give me enough time to make a peanut butter and jelly sammich before they hit boost." - Rancid

SQC 120

i didnt have my ECU reflashed/remapped or anything.. i have a dp, MBC, and a hks turboback.. if i do this learnin trick.. would it help me? or hurt me?
    "All the auto WRXs I've driven (alot, I work at a dealership) give me enough time to make a peanut butter and jelly sammich before they hit boost." - Rancid

SQC 120

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.