Re-Mapped ECU Learning Trick 10-20hp in 5 seconds :) - Page 2
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

This is a discussion on Re-Mapped ECU Learning Trick 10-20hp in 5 seconds :) within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; so would this give that hp to a mostly stock rex?...

so would this give that hp to a mostly stock rex?
    Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex

Peter North > *

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

After doing the up/dp I didn't notice as big of a difference as I hoped... did the vishnu trick and woah it's much faster now
    2oo2 WRX Sdn
    'less is more'

Re: Re-Mapped ECU Learning Trick 10-20hp in 5 seconds :)

Originally posted by Shiv
    Second: Drive to a nice open road without traffic. Don't go on boost until you get there. Put the car into gear (3rd gear works the best) bring the revs up to 2600rpm. Push the go pedal down slightly so boost stays right around 2-4psi. You will need to MAINTAIN 2500rpm and 2-5psi for approx 5 seconds. You can do this by left-foot braking gently as to prevent acceleration. During these few seconds, the advance multiplier (which you can't see so you'll have to trust me) will go from 8, to 12 and then to 16. Works like a charm. And on our reflashed ECU, is worth an immediate 10-20 horsepower

Cheers,
    shiv
    www.vishnutuning.com
    Exactly how does one left-foot brake a manual transmission car?

-Jim

Use the e-brake?
    2003 WRB Wagon. Vishnu Stage 2(VF30). DBA 5010's/steel lines/Carbotech Bobcat pads, MRT topmount. Tein coilovers, 22/24 mm sways, ALK....I'M DONE!!!!!!

Ummm.....use your left foot on the brake while gasing with your right. You only need to do it for 5 seconds, and you're not clutching during that period. Very simple. It's to maintain a constant RPM and boost.
    -Ryan |Dub-Yuh Our Ex Ess Tee Eye| My Car

I Support ClubWRX
    One left-foot brakes with the left foot -- just like you do when turning and need setup, though in this case you'd be going up a gradient and probably straight. Using the hand brake all the way up a hill under power might heat things up considerably.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I would assume you don't have to left foot brake on a manual car, only in automatics.
    You can do this by left-foot braking gently as to prevent acceleration.

Re: Re: Re-Mapped ECU Learning Trick 10-20hp in 5 seconds :)

Originally posted by PlatinumWRX
    Exactly how does one left-foot brake a manual transmission car?

-Jim

With your left foot..... odd question.

You surely have to left foot brake to perform Shiv's reset... Try it, you'll understand.
    Aloha, Richard...
    Retired Moderator
    TXS Stage 4 UTEC + TMIC + JoeP
    12.75 @ 105.67mph - 1.74 60'

Originally posted by RLsChMiDt
    Ummm.....use your left foot on the brake while gasing with your right. You only need to do it for 5 seconds, and you're not clutching during that period. Very simple. It's to maintain a constant RPM and boost.
    OK, so the car is still moving?

-Jim

I Support ClubWRX
    OK, so the car is still moving?

-Jim
    Jim,

Follow the directions exactly like Shiv described in on the 1st page. Warm up the car after the ECU reset. Find an open road, and don't get into boost until you are there. Put the car in third gear. Begin by bringing the revs up to 2500-2600 rpms and bring up about 2-5psi, feathering the brake with your left foot and the gas with your right. Do this for about 5 seconds, then punch it. You will know if it works. Because, you will instantly be able to tell that you have gained all of your horsepower back. IF you didn't do it correctly, your car will feel slugish like it does after an ECU reset. And if you didn't do it right. Pull over, reset the ECU, and try again. I can guarantee you it works perfectly. I did it again yesterday on my car after installing my catless racepipe and the MIL eliminator.

Good luck,

Ok, I got it. You're rolling along in third gear and left foot braking to build boost. Cool.

-Jim

I Support ClubWRX
    Ok, I got it. You're rolling along in third gear and left foot braking to build boost. Cool.

-Jim
    Yes, EXACTLY!!!!

You gotta admit the instructions almost implied you put the car into 3rd gear from a standstill and then started this..

Originally posted by StevieD
    You gotta admit the instructions almost implied you put the car into 3rd gear from a standstill and then started this..
    Hahaha, not for me, at all. Didn't even think of it that way. But hey, whatever floats your boat.
    -Ryan |Dub-Yuh Our Ex Ess Tee Eye| My Car

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast