SR*S Catback Exhaust from EBAY PICS and VIDS - Page 4
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 35 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on SR*S Catback Exhaust from EBAY PICS and VIDS within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by ryan2.5 I tried to pull the silencer out but it seemed to be wedged in ther pretty ...

Quote Originally Posted by ryan2.5 View Post
    I tried to pull the silencer out but it seemed to be wedged in ther pretty tigt and i didnt want to bend any of the steel so i just left it. I like the way it sounds wit the silencer......it would look a little bit nicer without it though.
    yes it is wedged in there pretty good, it is a weird one, there are two lips to it and its a very, very, very tight fit. took me and my brothers an hour to get it out after a lot of cussing and what not. but the erz cbe is great i got tired of it being too quiet. hence taking out the silencer. but i have had this a little while longer then the op but didnt post anything due to time constants. trying to put it back in is even worst. and taking it back out the second time was a pain.

use a vise grip put a wrench on the end where you tighten the knob. and use a hammer to get it out little by little. that is was we ended up doing after doing many other things.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

yeah ill try that and maybe a little wd40. it could probably use a little sanding around the silencer.

Quote Originally Posted by Acrid View Post
    yes it is wedged in there pretty good, it is a weird one, there are two lips to it and its a very, very, very tight fit. took me and my brothers an hour to get it out after a lot of cussing and what not. but the erz cbe is great i got tired of it being too quiet. hence taking out the silencer. but i have had this a little while longer then the op but didnt post anything due to time constants. trying to put it back in is even worst. and taking it back out the second time was a pain.

use a vise grip put a wrench on the end where you tighten the knob. and use a hammer to get it out little by little. that is was we ended up doing after doing many other things.

Banned
    Hey I got my turbo back in the mail last night only to find out it took a trip down the stairs at my house My mom thought it was a snowboard and gave it a ride into the basement of my house. I got the thing opened and the 4.5" tip was bent at the end. I am very suprized at how big the whole system is. The pictures don't do it justice. I bolted on the cat back with no problems and it fits better than my OEM exhaust. I cant wait to put the down and up pipe in. I need to get engine managment so I can put them in without CEL's. Ill prob. go to radio shack and get a mechanical fix. The exhaust itself is loud I like it. I think some dynamat in the trunk could help with some of the drone. I haven't noted any major issues when getin on the trotle. Its not that much louder than crusing. All and all Im very happy with my purchase and at the price of 405$ shiped I cannot complain.

Quote Originally Posted by ERIKBROCKHOFF View Post
    Hey I got my turbo back in the mail last night only to find out it took a trip down the stairs at my house My mom thought it was a snowboard and gave it a ride into the basement of my house. I got the thing opened and the 4.5" tip was bent at the end. I am very suprized at how big the whole system is. The pictures don't do it justice. I bolted on the cat back with no problems and it fits better than my OEM exhaust. I cant wait to put the down and up pipe in. I need to get engine managment so I can put them in without CEL's. Ill prob. go to radio shack and get a mechanical fix. The exhaust itself is loud I like it. I think some dynamat in the trunk could help with some of the drone. I haven't noted any major issues when getin on the trotle. Its not that much louder than crusing. All and all Im very happy with my purchase and at the price of 405$ shiped I cannot complain.
    So is it just the catback you have in right now? I like that's its nice and loud and all, but it isn't too loud is it? Cops here are... well... not very nice.
    Blobeye Syndicate #018

2005 WRB WRXTi Stage-2

youll be happy with the catback, not too loud at all.

awesome
    Blobeye Syndicate #018

2005 WRB WRXTi Stage-2

+111111
    2007 VF'39ed WRX in OBP...
    VF39/supporting mods
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #61

my new stereo

niiiice fitment looks perfect
    Blobeye Syndicate #018

2005 WRB WRXTi Stage-2

just bought this exhaust this morning, can't wait to put it on my 07!

Quote Originally Posted by Acrid View Post

that's weird, mine slid right out. hmmm
    Bugeye Mafia---#128

How loud do you think it is in comparasion to other exhausts? Does anyone have a sound level meter they can test it with?

with the silencer in its not very loud at all. Definetely noticable outside the car but not loud inside. Im not sure how loud wrx is compared to STi with stock exhaust, but its not too much louder than stock, and almost seems to get even more quiet at high rpms. It is a lot louder without the silencer though but its a boxer engine isnt that what your looking for?
    Just buy it....youll be happy.
    358 awhp/430 tq.Tuned by PRE
    stock turbo
    DIFFERENT STROKES.
    Blobeye syndicate #101

So has anyone done a Stage 1 or 2 with the SR*S yet? I've been shopping around for TBEs but you guys seem to be praising this cat-back. If it's as good as you guys are saying, and the DP/Cat combo is only $400ish then that sounds like a steal.

I have the SR*S cat-back. I flashed stage1 with an AP. I've heard other people say that stage1 isnt very noticable, but i thought it made a big difference. No adverse effects, no change in sound. I plan on getting a DP from SR*S or ERZ(same people i think) then flashing stage2. Hopefully the silencer creates enough backpressure to prevent boost creep.
    Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant,"If I live, I will kill you. If i die, you are forgiven. " such is the rule of Honor.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.