SR*S Catback Exhaust from EBAY PICS and VIDS - Page 33
Page 33 of 35 FirstFirst ... 23242526272829303132333435 LastLast

This is a discussion on SR*S Catback Exhaust from EBAY PICS and VIDS within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; When I up piped my 04, the response was nice and I enjoyed hearing the turbo spool up. You shouldn't ...

When I up piped my 04, the response was nice and I enjoyed hearing the turbo spool up. You shouldn't have probs with that and the catback without a tune. I went full 3" w/high flow cat in the downpipe and when I stage two'd it, I couldn't believe how quick my wagon went. Sounded good too!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

wilbill hey thanks i know the 04 and 05 wrx are very similar. so you went with the uppie and cat back before you did the down pipe? just to clarifiy if i do a catless up pipe and a catback i should be safe from a tune for now until i remove the down pipe and replace correct. does anyone know how the sr s catback mates to the stock midpipe / cats? thanks

thinking about swapping my tbe for just a downpipe... would the srs mate to the stock cbe? trying to stay sleeper..

Quote Originally Posted by habitatxskate View Post
    thinking about swapping my tbe for just a downpipe... would the srs mate to the stock cbe? trying to stay sleeper..
    You mean SRS DP to stock 2.5" exhaust?

Yes. I run it.

Only SRS provided gaskets were needed and their nuts and bolts. The original compression ones broke furiously on contact with a wrench.
    Blobeye Syndicate #1337
    man vs technology blog
    MvT@YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by WagonGuy View Post
    You mean SRS DP to stock 2.5" exhaust?

Yes. I run it.

Only SRS provided gaskets were needed and their nuts and bolts. The original compression ones broke furiously on contact with a wrench.
    ahh i see, thanks.. just wanted to make sure.. going to go a tad more sleeper. how is it at idle?

I installed my sr*s turbo back yesterday and fit perfectly without a hitch. The only thing i had to do was re-route the ac hose and the hardest part about the install was the uninstall of the stocker lol

I also just called top speed, The company/ ebay seller that sells these, because my up pipe flange on the turbo side is warped and they're sending me a new one... Great customer service right there.
    Bugeye Mafia #306

Quote Originally Posted by habitatxskate View Post
    ahh i see, thanks.. just wanted to make sure.. going to go a tad more sleeper. how is it at idle?
    I'm running a Genome axle-back which is 2.5" like the stock one. The 3" SRS downpipe is still matted to 2.5" stock mid pipe. No leaks and no fitment issues at all.

This is what it sounds like at idle from inside at cold start:
    YouTube - Prosport Premium 60mm Gauges

Outside (after seafoaming, fast-forward to 1:40)
    YouTube - How to SeaFoam - Subaru Impreza WRX

I can't really tell how close it is to running a stock exhaust, may be more muffled but the boxer sound will possibly be still very pronounced.
    Blobeye Syndicate #1337
    man vs technology blog
    MvT@YouTube

has anyone purchased the cb and up or have the sr*s uppipe and how does it fit sound? thanks.

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by akplaaya View Post
    has anyone purchased the cb and up or have the sr*s uppipe and how does it fit sound? thanks.
    ......?

Did you overlook the last 33 pages?

will this exhaust fit a 2005 subaru impreza outback sport?

non turbo OBS... no it won't fit.

Anyone tried the NEW oval can, straight fit versions SE?

Rob

Yeah I wanna see the new style they have. I like the look of it a little better.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/02-07...#ht_3801wt_802
    -05 CGM STi Blobeye Syndicate #4
    -97 Acura SLX totaled 231k
    -95 Toyota Land Cruiser

Talking

I just put this exhaust on my 2010 hatch on Saturday and so far I love it. Here's some pics and my review of the experience.

Shipped fast, took about 4 business days and was package well with bubble wrap. Silencer came out with no problems at all.

Stocker came off very easily, muffler was heavier than I expected...poured a bunch of salt/small rocks all over the place from the chrome piece surrounding the tip, that was about as exciting as it got. On to the fun part:

Joint with the downpipe fit pretty well, had to put some different bolts on (left spring bolts off) no gasket on the stock system, and had to crank on the bolts carefully to avoid a leak around the doughnut...would mate perfectly to a flat flange DP though. Here is a pic of the result, no leakage and about 300 miles since installed. You can see the gasket doesn't contact the flange.

My only complaint here is that the bolts it came with were too fat to fit through the stock DP flange, also necessitating a brief $0.98 trip to Lowes.

Rear pipe/muffler fit perfect. Hangers slid right in with no issues and mated perfectly to the midpipe. It was a little tight around the rear crossmember, but a little wiggling and it cleared just fine.

Clearance of the tip was perfect, stock hangers gave plenty of room, no concerns about melting. Wiggled a little to get it centered just right and bingo!

Still plenty of ground clearance, no significant changes.

It is definitely on the loud side. Haven't tried the silencer out yet, but the GF said it sounds good and not annoying. Very deep and smooth, sounds great at higher RPM/WOT. I will record some sound clips for everyone with my bass drum mic to try and get the full range, but that is going to be a week or so. Also had a friend driving behind me and he said he likes it a lot and not obnoxiously loud.

Anyway, sorry for the long post but wanted to write up a good review for everyone to read and haven't seen too much out there for this on the 08+. Keep an eye out for sound clips!
    2010 WRX Hatch - World Rally Blue

holy thread revival batman!

Glad you like the exhaust. I'll give everyone an update on mine which was installed in 2008

Still looks good, sounds great. No rusting, no leaks, no broken hangars, it has gone through 3 Chicago winters without an issue. I might unbolt it in the spring to give the canister a cleaning and polishing, just so it blings again. It doesnt bling anymore.

Some of the best money I ever spent on this car. I hope everyone else has had as good 'long term results' as me!

Haha, yeah but with how extensive this thread is I didn't want to start up another one. Glad to hear it is still lasting well for you though!
    2010 WRX Hatch - World Rally Blue