SR*S Catback Exhaust from EBAY PICS and VIDS - Page 32
Page 32 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2223242526272829303132333435 LastLast

This is a discussion on SR*S Catback Exhaust from EBAY PICS and VIDS within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by BoostinSubie wow bringing the thread back from the dead. . . . . anyways Im about to ...

Quote Originally Posted by BoostinSubie View Post
    wow bringing the thread back from the dead. . . . .

anyways Im about to buy this exhaust used and was wondering how loud it was. I drive to and from base in my car, so I dont want the base cops up my a$$. what do you all think? Think itll be quiet enough? And does it sound good?

if it comes with the silencer u should be ok...im running the srs catless DP with the exhaust and its decently loud, not obnoxious, but people will def notice it...

also to any1 who lives in an area like the northeast who drives in snow and salt, with spring here, if ur looking for an easy way to clean the muffler back to a nice shine, use some 0000 steel wool and a good rubbing compound (all lil rust spots cam right off)...i work at a detail shop so the stuff was around, but it only took bout 10 minutes, and u can get that stuff just about anywhere...

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Anyone have the SR*S catback in conjunction with a catless DP on an 07? I understand there may be boost issues without EM. And even with EM Cobb recommends using a catted DP.

The COBB AP Stage 2 package is the AP, and TBE, using a catted DP for the 07. So I'm thinking about the SR*S catback but with the Tsudo 3" catless DP. But therein lies my dilemma.

I don't want to get a divorced DP cuz I plan to upgrade the turbo and TMIC at some point. And most High flow DP's I've found that are priced reasonably are divorced.

Should I be concerned about any issues with running fully catless, even if I flash AP stage 2?
    2007 WRX Limited Wagon in WR Blue
    COBB AP/ Stage 1
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #3.2.1

Real music about Real life, check out:
    www.myspace.com/soulfatronic

I just put a Tsudo 3 inch downpipe on my car with a SPT catback. Fully catless turboback now. The downpipe gave it a sorta boxer growl but for the most part the SPT catback kept it sounding nice and not abnoxiously loud.
    2004 WRX (currently driving)
    2000 Audi S4 APR tuned (sold)
    2002 WRX wagon ( sold )
    1988 Thunderbird Turbocoupe

you got an amazing car.....
    Last edited by kurtdaniel; 05-26-2009 at 01:31 AM.

I just bought the SrS Dp and CBE from the ebay seller, NissanGTR. As soon as they get here I will let you know my opinion, I plan to install myself, seems fairly easy absent any gasket issues.

I love the price and sound, concerned about rust in the Northeast (NH...Live Free or Die) but I travel for work so wont use it in the snow often.

Honest results pending....

**Edited to add, I am running Cobb AP Stage 1 now, plan to go back to Stage 2 93 oct when I get the DP and CBE on. I did notice a difference going from Stage 2 to Stage 1, though Stage 1 is still awesome.
    Last edited by seanmcd; 08-09-2009 at 08:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by eugesubu View Post
    here's a pic of it from the rear on. This exhaust is great, little rust, only by the hangars and it has been on a year with a vermont winter. fitment is awesome and is very sturdy. Once a week i use some LPS fluid, much like wd-40, but works much much better for penetration and lubrication, to keep it polished up. Attachment 83547
    Nice Grenade Gear sticker...subtle...

I had the largest one I could find on the hatch of my tC until I traded it in....

I have seen pics of the srs exhaust on other forums and it seems to look different then what I have found on ebay

Heres the link of what I have found

SR*S CATBACK EXHAUST SYSTEM 02 03 04 05 06 WRX/ STI JDM:eBay Motors (item 220410880484 end time Oct-05-09 00:21:56 PDT)

all the pics I found seem to have a piece that has a metal mesh section. also the metal poles that are welded to it to mount it to the actuall car seem to be in different places. It is by the seller nissiangtrpower.

Is this the right one on ebay its all i can find.

I hear these things rust...I got mine for 150+50 FOR SHIPPING NICE :P

It was actually an accident...im like...let me low ball em...and he accepted SICK :P
    D-$

Blobeye '05

Silencer delete

I dont know if i posted this right but does anyone have pics of that actually silecer part that comes out or where this peice is. look on ebay ready to buy sr s catback on an 05 wrx. just wondering about the silencer and how to remove or keep if need? thanks

the silencer pops out easily from the srs catback...i keep my silencer in my trunk in case i need to drive around family, grandparents etc...i pry it out with the lug wrench and pop it back in when need be...the bolts are unnecessary as it pops in and will not come out until pried out...this catback is a fantastic deal too

Liljon250 thanks for the pics better idea now. who did you go with on ebay to purchase seller info. the pics i see on there come with 3 pipes and the pipe after the axel does not have a flex joint as i see in these pics. or did it just come like that?

i actually swapped with someone but i believed he purchased it from gtrpower or something like that on ebay

The seller is nissangtrpower

but my advice is to email the address that is on the ebay page. and ask for a deal. it should save you some dough.

I ordered mine with the downpipe and he offered $350 instead of close to $400 which it would have been on ebay, but i was able to get it down to $325 for both the catback and downpipe.

Just my 2
    Bugeye Mafia #306

btw i didnt put any pictures up lol

the sr s is only 199$ i think im just going with that for now. not ready for a downpipe but i do have an 05 and i should update the up pipe. am i able to do a catback and an up pipe with out a tune?