SR*S Catback Exhaust from EBAY PICS and VIDS - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 35 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on SR*S Catback Exhaust from EBAY PICS and VIDS within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Well the pipe itself (the axle back is straight) so it looks a little angled when you install it. However ...

Well the pipe itself (the axle back is straight) so it looks a little angled when you install it. However about noise. I don't think its too loud. Especialy since I just have the catback. Those videos make it sound louder inside then it really is, and I have no droning. The fitment was great. I personally do not have the downpipe, but I know someone who does, and he said it fits great and he loves it. He said alot of his friends with turboXS and HKS exhausts envy the deep grumble that the SR*S has.

Absolutely amazing buy for the money....
    2007 VF'39ed WRX in OBP...
    VF39/supporting mods
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #61

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by ryan2.5 View Post
    thank you for helping me decide on my exhaust purchase...sounds great... btw, is it strait or angled out?
    I got the same cat-back a couple of weeks ago, its angle out. I love it. After some break in time, it sounds even better. Great quality, great sound and since its all stainless, should last forever. About a week after getting mine i got an AP and flashed stage1 93 octane. Did'nt change the sound at all. Now all i need is a downpipe for stage2! I'd love to get the cheap catless DP's but i'm concerned about creeping. OH, almost forgot, i installed a autometer boost gauge in place of the stock one. I'll post pics when i get some.
    Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant,"If I live, I will kill you. If i die, you are forgiven. " such is the rule of Honor.

Well I ordered my sr*s exhaust last night and I cant wait to get it....always a paint waiting for those ebay orders. Anyways, Ill try and get pics up wen its installed.

Quote Originally Posted by scoutmasterdave View Post
    Any chance you have any sound clips or videos of this Helix catted DP + SR*S cat-back combo? This is the exact setup I'm looking at.
    Sorry I spun a rod bearing so my engines being rebuilt. I won't have the car until next week.

thank you for helping me decide on my exhaust purchase...sounds great... btw, is it strait or angled out?
    Its angled.

Banned
    I just ordered an uppipe + turbo back s*rs system for 405$ shiped I came to the concultion it going to be loud as hell but I don't care. I'll definatly keep you guys posted and let you know how it sounds. Im not installing the up and downpipe tell I get some sort of EM though. Help with the install would be great as I have very few friends I live in utah where the subaru population is high there aught to be somone who would have intrest in this. Should I look at opensourcing as an option or spring for an AP. I would much rather spend the extra bucks rather than sh*t a piston.

Quote Originally Posted by ERIKBROCKHOFF View Post
    I just ordered an uppipe + turbo back s*rs system for 405$ shiped I came to the concultion it going to be loud as hell but I don't care. I'll definatly keep you guys posted and let you know how it sounds. Im not installing the up and downpipe tell I get some sort of EM though. Help with the install would be great as I have very few friends I live in utah where the subaru population is high there aught to be somone who would have intrest in this. Should I look at opensourcing as an option or spring for an AP. I would much rather spend the extra bucks rather than sh*t a piston.
    well so far I just have the catback. Install was a breeze.

1)Lift car.
    2)Disconnect stock midpipe from downpipe. (to bolts)
    3)Loosen exhaust hangers, (WD-40 and a little muscle)
    4)pull out exhaust. (careful not to drop it on you )
    5)take new exhaust and slide them into stock exhaust hangers
    6)bolt back to downpipe
    7)turn on car and grin.

and bam your done.
    2007 VF'39ed WRX in OBP...
    VF39/supporting mods
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #61

i just got mine in the mail today. i can't wait to get my car back and put it on. i hope it sounds just as good as yours

Quote Originally Posted by ron-san View Post
    i just got mine in the mail today. i can't wait to get my car back and put it on. i hope it sounds just as good as yours
    yeah let us know how that sounds. I'll be ordering my SR*S in about a week or so. I also want to do the SR*S cbe plus Invidia dp. If anyone knows anything about that type of setup and how it sounds I'd appreciate it. They didn't have that particular type in the exhaust clips thread.
    Blobeye Syndicate #018

2005 WRB WRXTi Stage-2

so does this erz turboback go from 3"-2.5"-3" when the dp a cb meet?
    06 CGM STi
    ERZ Downpipe, K and N Drop in filter.
    Welfare Mods:Silencer Delete

05 Flame RED SRT-4
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

ok, so i got my SR*S cat back today and I was pretty impressed for 250 shipped. Had RS*R engraved on the tip. Soo... fitment was perfect, didnt come close to rubing on anything. Everything lined up just right. Nice angle out look. My ONLY problem is that this exhaust has a flat flange where it it supposed to bolt up to the factory donut style gasket cat.??
    So i had to cut the two springs on the bolt to use the factory ones. I believe it leakes there a little under WOT. Other than that its a great buy for 250. The sound is amazing, (i left the silencer in) great tone and not lound at all inside. I made a vid clip with my phone but the sound quality was terrible. So ill try and get some pics of it up.
    Last edited by ryan2.5; 05-08-2007 at 12:15 AM.

ok, so i got my rs*r cat back today and I was pretty impressed for 250 shipped. Had RS*R engraved on the tip.
    RS*R or SR*S?

Soo... fitment was perfect, didnt come close to rubing on anything. Everything lined up just right. Nice angle out look. My ONLY problem is that this exhaust has a flat flange where it it supposed to bolt up to the factory donut style gasket cat.??
    So i had to cut the two springs on the bolt to use the factory ones. I believe it leakes there a little under WOT.
    what year is your car? I'm ordering mine in a week or so and, well, I hope I don't run into the same problem. doesn't sound like anything major though.
    Blobeye Syndicate #018

2005 WRB WRXTi Stage-2

Sorry bout that.. its SR*S .... i have a 04 sti. I dont think the miss match is major, though its not 100% right. a leak is a leak, I may just take it to a exhaust shop and have them weld on the right end....its probably designed to go with a full turboback system. Either way, still cant beat the price.

No prob. But yeah $250 including shipping is a steal. I've decided I'm going to do the SR*S plus Invidia dp setup. I guess if a little welding is involved it's no big deal. Is it pretty loud without the silencer? I know it's different in clips than in person.
    Blobeye Syndicate #018

2005 WRB WRXTi Stage-2

I tried to pull the silencer out but it seemed to be wedged in ther pretty tigt and i didnt want to bend any of the steel so i just left it. I like the way it sounds wit the silencer......it would look a little bit nicer without it though.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.