SR*S Catback Exhaust from EBAY PICS and VIDS - Page 27
Page 27 of 35 FirstFirst ... 17181920212223242526272829303132333435 LastLast

This is a discussion on SR*S Catback Exhaust from EBAY PICS and VIDS within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by sjones04wrx was it the two bolts with the compression springs on them? cause that happened to me. ...

any problems with flange fitment?

Quote Originally Posted by sjones04wrx View Post
    was it the two bolts with the compression springs on them? cause that happened to me. i just replaced them with new bolts i had in my garage. i havent had any problems with it so far.

I just got mine in today and it fits 99% perfect, except for where my dowpip flange meets the midpipe. My downpipe flange is a little flaked away so there is a tiny leak on the top and bottom. Anybody else have this problem? if so, how did you fix it?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Did you use any sealant or just the supplied gasket?

My DP flange was pretty beat up from rust and I just used Permatex copper on it (alot haha). No leaks at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Srimps View Post
    Did you use any sealant or just the supplied gasket?

My DP flange was pretty beat up from rust and I just used Permatex copper on it (alot haha). No leaks at the moment.
    yah, i used the gasket given and used a **** load of permatex ultra black hi temp. Seems to be working well right now, just made a 150 mile trip and all good, no burning of the sealant of anything. I'll probably get under there when i do my oil change and make the gasket a little bit better formed. Thanks for the hlep

I'm about to buy this exhaust, but I'm still on the fence about the volume of it. On a scale of 1-10 where 10 is an open downpipe/straight pipe and 1-2 is stock exhaust, where does this fall? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by d4nt3 View Post
    I'm about to buy this exhaust, but I'm still on the fence about the volume of it. On a scale of 1-10 where 10 is an open downpipe/straight pipe and 1-2 is stock exhaust, where does this fall? Thanks!
    don't worry about the sound, its probably only a 6 or 7, but it sounds deep as hell. It almost sounds as deep as my dodge ram. I asobulety love this exhaust

Quote Originally Posted by eugesubu View Post
    don't worry about the sound, its probably only a 6 or 7, but it sounds deep as hell. It almost sounds as deep as my dodge ram. I asobulety love this exhaust
    +1. Just the catback itself is really not that loud. I'm running it with a catless downpipe and catless uppipe and it's significantly louder, like 8 ish, but still not as bad as some exhausts.
    Blobeye Syndicate #018

2005 WRB WRXTi Stage-2

Quote Originally Posted by d4nt3 View Post
    Right away I thought it was very loud because I started it up in the garage and I wasn't used to it, but after driving for a few weeks I would say it is a 6/10, not too loud at all. I also have a catted DP for reference.
    It has a great sound, I wouldn't trade it for any other exhaust!

I install my SR*S downpipe for few days ago, and the engine check went on. I go to the local shop and they tell me my DP is catless, which make the "engine check" light on. Have any1 have problem like this and any suggestion to fix that?

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by grenadeking View Post
    I install my SR*S downpipe for few days ago, and the engine check went on. I go to the local shop and they tell me my DP is catless, which make the "engine check" light on. Have any1 have problem like this and any suggestion to fix that?
    Get some sort of engine management to disable the CEL and give you more power.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

I ordered mine on the 9th and am awaiting it now. FedEx track said it would be here on the 12th but didn't show up and now the track page hasn't updated since. I cant wait to get this on!

Quote Originally Posted by 302@12psi View Post
    Get some sort of engine management to disable the CEL and give you more power.
    My friend told me to go to dealer and have them disable that. I don't want to buy something like couple hundreds buck to disable that check engine light.

Quote Originally Posted by grenadeking View Post
    My friend told me to go to dealer and have them disable that. I don't want to buy something like couple hundreds buck to disable that check engine light.
    From my understanding if you have upgraded your exhaust and downpipe you really must use some type of engine management or you could risk doing damage to your engine, etc.

Engine management does A LOT more than just remove the check engine light. If the dealer removes the CEL it will likely return again right away. You don't want to keep making trips to the dealer and paying all those charges.

Check out the Cobb AP, I used that to flash my ECU to stage 2. The increase and HP and TQ are well worth it, not to mention it is now tuned for my exhaust/DP upgrade. There are many other alternatives as well some more expensive and some less expensive, but my point is that really you need some form of engine management whether or not you have an annoying check engine light.

Quote Originally Posted by schumajb View Post
    From my understanding if you have upgraded your exhaust and downpipe you really must use some type of engine management or you could risk doing damage to your engine, etc.

Engine management does A LOT more than just remove the check engine light. If the dealer removes the CEL it will likely return again right away. You don't want to keep making trips to the dealer and paying all those charges.

Check out the Cobb AP, I used that to flash my ECU to stage 2. The increase and HP and TQ are well worth it, not to mention it is now tuned for my exhaust/DP upgrade. There are many other alternatives as well some more expensive and some less expensive, but my point is that really you need some form of engine management whether or not you have an annoying check engine light.
    I don't have enough fund to look into Cobb AP for now but I will eventually. CAn you guys suggest another way to get rid of that check engine light?

I Support ClubWRX
    Buy a tactrix cable and flash a stage 2 map from Romraider.

Yeah...go to the dealership and have them reset your CEL and tell them "hey this is on because of my downpipe...fix it for a day and also while you are there void my powertrain warranty".

That makes sense.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

I order my srs cbe last Friday, question is where does nissangtrpower(vendor) ship from? Im in chicago and i heard they come around 3 days