SR*S Catback Exhaust from EBAY PICS and VIDS - Page 25
+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 35 FirstFirst ... 1516171819202122232425262728293031323334 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on SR*S Catback Exhaust from EBAY PICS and VIDS within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I got mine from nissangtrpower. I paid friday, it shipped monday and i received it the next friday. Install was ...

I got mine from nissangtrpower. I paid friday, it shipped monday and i received it the next friday. Install was easy but have some gasket sealent on hand.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

It's been about a week since I paid. The guy still hasnt gotten back to me with a correct tracking number, Fedex is saying the one he gave me hasnt even been shipped, and the phone number I found by going through the guys feedback has had a full mailbox. I would hold off on buying from this guy for now, my suspicion is aroused but I hopefully hear something about my stuff being sent or a refund coming to me...poor communication once I sent my money. Up until then I had questions answered and a paypal invoice drawn up within hours...
    Just remember, capitalization and punctuation marks the difference between, "I just helped my uncle, Jack, off a horse." and, "i just helped my uncle jack off a horse"
    04 Wrx Wagon Cobb Stage 2
    Blobeye Syndicate #026

Quote Originally Posted by rotorocker View Post
    It's been about a week since I paid. The guy still hasnt gotten back to me with a correct tracking number, Fedex is saying the one he gave me hasnt even been shipped, and the phone number I found by going through the guys feedback has had a full mailbox. I would hold off on buying from this guy for now, my suspicion is aroused but I hopefully hear something about my stuff being sent or a refund coming to me...poor communication once I sent my money. Up until then I had questions answered and a paypal invoice drawn up within hours...
    I got mine from Nissangtrpower - he has above average service, much much better than any vendor I dealt with. Whom did you order from?

That is who I ordered from.
    Just remember, capitalization and punctuation marks the difference between, "I just helped my uncle, Jack, off a horse." and, "i just helped my uncle jack off a horse"
    04 Wrx Wagon Cobb Stage 2
    Blobeye Syndicate #026

you should contact their customer services 916 429 1333 ,maybe they were jam with orders or e-mail

install

hey guys...i read all the pages of this thread about 2 weeks ago and ordered the SRS Catback because of the great feedback...it was shipped last monday and arrived today (tuesday the 20th) im assuming because of the large demand...

reguardless, for any1 reading this that has installed the catback (prefferably on an 02 bugeye), did you install yourself or take it somewhere? i would like to install myself but dont have access to a pit or lift...

I installed this myself on my 02 wrx. It's a simple install, i did it in my driveway with only basic tools and jack stands. I took about an hour, but i took my time. The hardest part is the spring bolts. Have some replacement bolts ready cuz they will likely shear off. It's a simple diy.

Quote Originally Posted by 02subarex View Post
    I installed this myself on my 02 wrx. It's a simple install, i did it in my driveway with only basic tools and jack stands. I took about an hour, but i took my time. The hardest part is the spring bolts. Have some replacement bolts ready cuz they will likely shear off. It's a simple diy.
    my spring bolts held fine... only problem was that i had to get a decent sized channel locks to compress the spring enough to start the nut... i also used the stock gasket so i dunno if that made it tighter...
    yup

how did you use the stock donut gasket? it wouldn't fit in mine so i had to take it off and use the gasket supplied by nissangtrpower. did u crush it in there?

i also just ordered the exhaust for my subaru due to all the good feed back on it. i didnt really read all of the posts but has anyone installed this on a wagon and have any problems?

I am upgrading to Stage 2 Finally on my 2006 WRX. WooHoo!
    I really do not know have much experience but have been reading a lot and am going to try and tackle this with help from my brother.

I ordered the following so far:
    *SRS catback exhaust from nissangtrpower on eBay
    *Helix High-Flow Catted Downpipe from gruppe-s.com
    *Cobb Accessport from cobbtuning.com
    *SPT Turbo Heat Shield from subarugenuineparts.com
    *PBblaster to help loosen the bolts.

Can anyone tell me what else I might need?
    Any special gaskets, parts, or tools?

I need to be sure I have everything we need before we start.

Thanks so much for any help! I can't wait to hear my new SRS, sounds awesome in the sound clips
    Last edited by schumajb; 05-24-2008 at 07:41 PM.

I installed it on my wagon

Sounds great!

No probs whatsoever
    Hawk Eye #1991
    Dirty Crew #11
    Military Militia #1991
    I still don't know how I got this car...

ok, so tell me

how loud is it? I'm so ready to get one, but I don't want a loud deafening one. I had a glasspack on my MR2 way back in the day, and that thing was loud as a mother.

I listened to the sound clips and it sounds pretty loud. I like the fact that it has a very deep sound, sounds very rich, but it could be really deep because of my bass on my speakers.

So, I want to know, how much louder is it then the stock one? Scale of 1-10?

Is it loud when you're in the car? What about traveling at high speeds? Is it deafening, or do you for sure hear the deep low rumble?

I"m thinking if I get it, I'm going to have to put the silencer on. I think that may give me a little more loudness then I have currently without rattling my back teeth out...or is the silencer same as having the stock on (based on the sound output)?

^^ schumajb, that sounds like a pretty good setup.. i have the catback alone and its not that loud. gl on your set up

jdromeo21, It's not defening at high speeds, just loud enough to get the satisfaction of hearing the boxer rumble. if you turn up the radio with the windows down, you can't hear it at all.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by efaroh View Post
    ^^ schumajb, that sounds like a pretty good setup.. i have the catback alone and its not that loud. gl on your set up

jdromeo21, It's not defening at high speeds, just loud enough to get the satisfaction of hearing the boxer rumble. if you turn up the radio with the windows down, you can't hear it at all.
    Hi, just read the whole Thread. I have a WRX '07 and I'm thinking to buy the SRS catback, but I have a doubt, can anyone tell me whats the difference between these 2 catbacks:

NissanGtrPower:

Japanimportshop:

It seems to me the same catback. Can anyone, please let me know. Thanks!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.