SR*S Catback Exhaust from EBAY PICS and VIDS - Page 24
+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 35 FirstFirst ... 141516171819202122232425262728293031323334 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on SR*S Catback Exhaust from EBAY PICS and VIDS within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; hows the clearance with the ground? Does it fall low like some of the ebay catbacks or are they good? ...

hows the clearance with the ground? Does it fall low like some of the ebay catbacks or are they good? thanx

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by DriftingMN View Post
    anybody here with a 06-07 2.5i "rs" have this exhaust, it seems to be a good buy for my first mod
    I bought one and installed it on my 07 2.5i and it had to be extended by two inches for the first hanger to line up right but other than that it fit and sounded great. Really loud though.. Got a modified exhaust ticket out of it..

Quote Originally Posted by choiboi View Post
    hows the clearance with the ground? Does it fall low like some of the ebay catbacks or are they good? thanx
    Not that i noticed... i don't think it hangs any lower then the stock exhaust... a couple of my freinds have commented that it has a great throaty tone and is just loud enough to no that i have an exhaust but not overly loud and annoying...
    yup

Quote Originally Posted by natedawg9640 View Post
    Not that i noticed... i don't think it hangs any lower then the stock exhaust... a couple of my freinds have commented that it has a great throaty tone and is just loud enough to no that i have an exhaust but not overly loud and annoying...
    no it doesn't hang low at all, it sits at a good spot. I just added a catless downpipe and it really opens up the exhaust, gives it a more throaty and aggressive tone, but still not unbearably loud.
    Blobeye Syndicate #018

2005 WRB WRXTi Stage-2

i'll be doing thet when i run out of warranty...
    yup

I've read this whole thread but i don't know if i missed it but, with the stock downpipe do you use a donut gasket and the spring bolts or remove the donut gasket and just bolt it together with a flat gasket?

good question... i didn't even think of that... i used the stock donut gasket and used the spring bolts (stock DP) i had to use a crescent wrench to compress the springs enough to start the nut... casue the flange is thicker...
    yup

well I just purchased the S*RS Up pipe, Down pipe and Catback from nissangtr guy on ebay last night..I'll post up results of my own.
    Just remember, capitalization and punctuation marks the difference between, "I just helped my uncle, Jack, off a horse." and, "i just helped my uncle jack off a horse"
    04 Wrx Wagon Cobb Stage 2
    Blobeye Syndicate #026

Quote Originally Posted by 02subarex View Post
    I've read this whole thread but i don't know if i missed it but, with the stock downpipe do you use a donut gasket and the spring bolts or remove the donut gasket and just bolt it together with a flat gasket?
    the stock donut gasket doesn't fit right with the catback. so i had to remove it and just use the flat flange gasket that the seller provided. it's a thin gasket and now i'm having leak / fitment issues there. should be an easy fix though. i'm just going to sandwich some gaskets in there and give it a good seal. i'm using the stock springs bolts.

Thanks, i ordered mine monday and was wondering if i should use the donut gasket or not. Hope it's an easy install.

its an easy install. the stock donut gasket will not fit the 3" flat flange. the seller provides you with a gasket, but i would go out and get a thicker gasket or double up on it. give it a good seal using permatex copper rtv

Quote Originally Posted by 02subarex View Post
    Thanks, i ordered mine monday and was wondering if i should use the donut gasket or not. Hope it's an easy install.

Looks like I'm one of the only people getting the srs downpipe and up pipe as well as the catback, I hope all the gaskets are good enough quality.
    Just remember, capitalization and punctuation marks the difference between, "I just helped my uncle, Jack, off a horse." and, "i just helped my uncle jack off a horse"
    Blobeye Syndicate #026

Quote Originally Posted by rotorocker View Post
    Looks like I'm one of the only people getting the srs downpipe and up pipe as well as the catback, I hope all the gaskets are good enough quality.
    They arent that great but as far as i know they work ok
    2004 WRB WRX Stage2+ << SOLD
    2004 PSM STi << FOR SALE
    Blobeye Syndicate # 32
    Dirty Crew # 32
    Quote Originally Posted by RealDealTarheel View Post
    They're usually way too busy popping their BOV's at me anyways. If I put an anti-neon sign on my FMIC I'd really never get to grocery shop in peace.

Quote Originally Posted by rotorocker View Post
    I have the SR*S catback and uppipe (not installed yet), so that's 2 out of 3. My downpipe is a megan racing one though, but then again they might as well be the same thing, haha.
    Blobeye Syndicate #018

2005 WRB WRXTi Stage-2

Did you guys all buy it from the same guy? I paid for mine on Thursday, he said it would be shipped out Friday, I had to email him again on Sunday to get a tracking number, and now fed ex is saying its invalid...I hope everything is still being shipped...
    Blobeye Syndicate #026

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.