SR*S Catback Exhaust from EBAY PICS and VIDS - Page 23
+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 35 FirstFirst ... 131415161718192021222324252627282930313233 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on SR*S Catback Exhaust from EBAY PICS and VIDS within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by efaroh whats the name of that vendor. i can't sleep at night knowing theres a leak. wouldnt ...

Quote Originally Posted by efaroh View Post
    whats the name of that vendor. i can't sleep at night knowing theres a leak. wouldnt hurt to just check it out.
    WBR 3 Inch Down Pipe Adapter

Contact him on nasioc.com though. I think its a little bit cheaper if you go through nasioc.com.
    Go to the Vendor for sale section and look for a thread by "wbr" and PM him about the adapter plate

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

nope but make sure you update us here. my AP came yesterday so in a few weeks I'll be ordering it myself.
    Just remember, capitalization and punctuation marks the difference between, "I just helped my uncle, Jack, off a horse." and, "i just helped my uncle jack off a horse"
    04 Wrx Wagon Cobb Stage 2
    Blobeye Syndicate #026

ok so i've read through this entire thread and decided to go with the SRS CBE mated to my Helix DP and Turbo XS UP. My questions are....

The ebay post says the CBE comes with hangers and gaskets.

Should I buy a new set of reinforced gaskets due to some leaking issues some of you have had and should I get a set of long Kartboy hangers or have you all used the OEM or provided hangers?

Thanks.
    03 Wagon WRB

My Mods/Pics

the CBE does not come with hangers.. you just use the stock one and you should be fine.

IMO, you dont need to get new gasket unless youre using the stock donut gasket. assuming your downpipe comes with a 3" flat flange, it should be a nice fit with the SRS CBE.

Quote Originally Posted by high on 02C View Post
    ok so i've read through this entire thread and decided to go with the SRS CBE mated to my Helix DP and Turbo XS UP. My questions are....

The ebay post says the CBE comes with hangers and gaskets.

Should I buy a new set of reinforced gaskets due to some leaking issues some of you have had and should I get a set of long Kartboy hangers or have you all used the OEM or provided hangers?

Thanks.

thanks!

I contacted the seller, and he's sending me another gasket. I'm going to try doubling up on the gaskets at that flange. hope this works. anybody forsee any issues with that?

if this doesnt work, then ill go with that exhaust gasket. $70 is $bling$! ill let you know...

Quote Originally Posted by pwu_1 View Post
    WBR 3 Inch Down Pipe Adapter

Contact him on nasioc.com though. I think its a little bit cheaper if you go through nasioc.com.
    Go to the Vendor for sale section and look for a thread by "wbr" and PM him about the adapter plate

Thanks. Yeah I do have a flat 3" flange off the DP so mating should be fine. I think I am still going to get some better hangers but only at maybe $20-$30 shipped for a set.

I'll get back once I get the CBE installed at my shop and let everyone know how it went.
    03 Wagon WRB

My Mods/Pics

Hey guys
    I JUST GOT MINE
    YAAAAY
    I'm very happy with it
    Good fitment/ easy install (i got it done in 1.5 hours with the .25 hours experience I have with my car)
    and
    It sounds awesome
    I left the silencer in, but then I decided to man up and take it out. Now, it vibrates the walls on main street when I rev it up a bit
    Hawk Eye #1991
    Dirty Crew #11
    Military Militia #1991
    I still don't know how I got this car...

mines due to arrive on friday... i hope i'm happy with it... I don't want it to be obscenely loud.... and i don't want to blow my head off an hour into a road trip...
    yup

Quote Originally Posted by natedawg9640 View Post
    mines due to arrive on friday... i hope i'm happy with it... I don't want it to be obscenely loud.... and i don't want to blow my head off an hour into a road trip...
    its pretty damn loud at 75+ on the highway
    2004 WRB WRX Stage2+ << SOLD
    2004 PSM STi << FOR SALE
    Blobeye Syndicate # 32
    Dirty Crew # 32
    Quote Originally Posted by RealDealTarheel View Post
    They're usually way too busy popping their BOV's at me anyways. If I put an anti-neon sign on my FMIC I'd really never get to grocery shop in peace.

Quote Originally Posted by Findus11 View Post
    Hey guys
    I JUST GOT MINE
    YAAAAY
    I'm very happy with it
    Good fitment/ easy install (i got it done in 1.5 hours with the .25 hours experience I have with my car)
    and
    It sounds awesome
    I left the silencer in, but then I decided to man up and take it out. Now, it vibrates the walls on main street when I rev it up a bit
    post pics/vids
    Just remember, capitalization and punctuation marks the difference between, "I just helped my uncle, Jack, off a horse." and, "i just helped my uncle jack off a horse"
    04 Wrx Wagon Cobb Stage 2
    Blobeye Syndicate #026

Quote Originally Posted by apex32 View Post
    its pretty damn loud at 75+ on the highway
    well that'll be my anti-speeding device... lol. is it an annoying drone loud? or is it still an attractive rumble loud?
    yup

Quote Originally Posted by natedawg9640 View Post
    well that'll be my anti-speeding device... lol. is it an annoying drone loud? or is it still an attractive rumble loud?
    Um i thought it was neat at first but its gotten a little old but hey its hard to hear much over the subaru road noise
    2004 WRB WRX Stage2+ << SOLD
    2004 PSM STi << FOR SALE
    Blobeye Syndicate # 32
    Dirty Crew # 32
    Quote Originally Posted by RealDealTarheel View Post
    They're usually way too busy popping their BOV's at me anyways. If I put an anti-neon sign on my FMIC I'd really never get to grocery shop in peace.

just put the silencer in for long trips...
    Hawk Eye #1991
    Dirty Crew #11
    Military Militia #1991
    I still don't know how I got this car...

got my catback saturday, came down and installed it in my shop on Sunday morning. Install took 1/2 hour total and fitment was perfect. The deep rumble is absolutely beautiful on the street.

It does get a little loud at freeway speeds but there isn't any drone.

Great overall sound, very deep and I am extremely happy with the quality of this exhaust.

Fitment 10/10
    Sound 9/10
    Quality 9/10
    Value 10/10

Overall 9.5/10
    03 Wagon WRB

My Mods/Pics

oh boy i'm not so patiently waiting... due to arrive tomorrow

*UPDATE* got it friday... installed saturday. fitment was perfect. no leaks or problems with install. sounds brilliant as far as i'm concerned... i expected worse as far as highway drone... you can hear it well but it's not overpowering... and the idle and accel tones are just great. I'm quite happy with the quality/price. oh, and my silencer was super easy to remove... i just took out the little alan bolts, grabbed the pipe with a little pair of channel locks and it slipped right out no problem... the only thing i have to say about it other than excellent is i wish the tip was a little "softer" maybe polished on the inside. don't get me wrong it looks good... it could just look a tich better if i were the manufacturer.
    Last edited by natedawg9640; 05-04-2008 at 05:03 PM.
    yup

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.