SR*S Catback Exhaust from EBAY PICS and VIDS - Page 22
+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 35 FirstFirst ... 121314151617181920212223242526272829303132 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on SR*S Catback Exhaust from EBAY PICS and VIDS within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Well I emailed Nissangtr asking about the combo of all 3 and he sent me these links Up Pipe: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Flex-...7567QQtcZphoto ...

Well I emailed Nissangtr asking about the combo of all 3 and he sent me these links

Up Pipe:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Flex-...7567QQtcZphoto

Downpipe

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SR-S-...1354QQtcZphoto

The down pipe is listed as ETS and not S*RS? and the Up Pipe isn't listed as any brand?
    Just remember, capitalization and punctuation marks the difference between, "I just helped my uncle, Jack, off a horse." and, "i just helped my uncle jack off a horse"
    04 Wrx Wagon Cobb Stage 2
    Blobeye Syndicate #026

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Anyone know any more about whether those are all the correct parts? When I google the ets downpipe I am getting Tseudo as the brand...
    Just remember, capitalization and punctuation marks the difference between, "I just helped my uncle, Jack, off a horse." and, "i just helped my uncle jack off a horse"
    Blobeye Syndicate #026

yea those are correct ,the seller might have used a different picture ,but those are the SR*S brand

great, thanks for the response. I just wanted to make sure it was all cool. I couldnt find any reviews of the srs up pipe but I'll assume its the same as most and hopefully fits good. I just ordered the AP which will be here tomorrow, so this is my next step soon.
    Blobeye Syndicate #026

leakage confirmed

okay so its been about 3 months and 7,000 miles since I installed the SR*S cbe on my sedan. I always suspected theres a leak between the rear cat and the resonator pipe, but could never confirm it until recently.

the leak noise is clearly audible now. i had a friend check the connection while i gave it a lil gas. he saw some dust shoot out of the seam.

has anyone else suspected leakage?

Did you reuse an old gasket or a new one?
    Blobeye Syndicate #026

Quote Originally Posted by rotorocker View Post
    Did you reuse an old gasket or a new one?
    the stock donut gasket does not fit with the SR*S resonator pipe. I replaced it with the gasket that the seller supplied, which i always thought was kinda thin

Big Favor Wanted

Hi,
    Next time someone install this exhaust, can you do me a huge favor and see if the factory muffler will bolt up to the new 3 inch intermediate pipe?
    Or, if you can just post a picture of the factory intermediate pipe side by side with the new one that would be great.
    I'd like to get this exhaust but kind of worried about it being too loud and/or attracting un-wanted attention from the police so I want to know if it would be possible to use the factory muffler with the intermediate pipe.
    If someone could do that for me that would be awesome.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pwu_1 View Post
    Hi,
    Next time someone install this exhaust, can you do me a huge favor and see if the factory muffler will bolt up to the new 3 inch intermediate pipe?
    Or, if you can just post a picture of the factory intermediate pipe side by side with the new one that would be great.
    I'd like to get this exhaust but kind of worried about it being too loud and/or attracting un-wanted attention from the police so I want to know if it would be possible to use the factory muffler with the intermediate pipe.
    If someone could do that for me that would be awesome.
    Thanks
    the easy answer is no this wouldnt work... simply because your stock exahust is 2.5in and the SR*s is a 3in as you stated... also most manufacters build all of the pipes to only fit thier exhaust dont really know why but they do... however find a reputable muffler shop modify either the SR*S Exhaust midpipe or make you a new one... but it you want to do that then why dont you just have a muffler shop make you a new mid pipe and if its too quiet then go with the SR*s.. the midpipe is pretty easy so it shouldnt be much more than 50-100 bucks

Matt
    UTA FSAE FTW!!!!

Cars
    1993 MR2 Turbo- SOLD
    2004 WRX - SOLD
    2008 Civic Si

I realize that its a 3 inch flange vs a 2.5 inch flange. There is a vendor on nasioc.com that sells an adapter plate to make this work. I have the plate already so as long as the length is correct it should work(in fact some of you folks with the stock downpipe might want to look into this adapter plate if you have leak issues).
    I guess I can take my car to a muffler shop but seems like muffler shops will just weld everything together...I want flanges so I can take it apart if I want to.
    Besides, for 250, I get full stainless steel tubing and mandrel bends and have the option of running the loud muffler if/when I want...

Quote Originally Posted by wrxwalsh View Post
    the easy answer is no this wouldnt work... simply because your stock exahust is 2.5in and the SR*s is a 3in as you stated... also most manufacters build all of the pipes to only fit thier exhaust dont really know why but they do... however find a reputable muffler shop modify either the SR*S Exhaust midpipe or make you a new one... but it you want to do that then why dont you just have a muffler shop make you a new mid pipe and if its too quiet then go with the SR*s.. the midpipe is pretty easy so it shouldnt be much more than 50-100 bucks

Matt

I realize that its a 3 inch flange vs a 2.5 inch flange. There is a vendor on nasioc.com that sells an adapter plate to make this work. I have the plate already so as long as the length is correct it should work(in fact some of you folks with the stock downpipe might want to look into this adapter plate if you have leak issues).
    I guess I can take my car to a muffler shop but seems like muffler shops will just weld everything together...I want flanges so I can take it apart if I want to.
    Besides, for 250, I get full stainless steel tubing and mandrel bends and have the option of running the loud muffler if/when I want...
    the muffler shop by my house told me theyd be building a 3in mandrel bent with flanges exhaust for 200 for me i guess it depends on the muffler shop.. i would imagine the lengths are close but there might be a little you have to add on either the stock muffler pipe or you could take the stock midpipe, lop of the flange that bolts onto the muffler and have the muffler shop weld that flange, a small pipe, and that adaptor flange together so that you could have a simple adaptor system

Matt
    UTA FSAE FTW!!!!

Cars
    1993 MR2 Turbo- SOLD
    2004 WRX - SOLD
    2008 Civic Si

Quote Originally Posted by wrxwalsh View Post
    the muffler shop by my house told me theyd be building a 3in mandrel bent with flanges exhaust for 200 for me i guess it depends on the muffler shop.. i would imagine the lengths are close but there might be a little you have to add on either the stock muffler pipe or you could take the stock midpipe, lop of the flange that bolts onto the muffler and have the muffler shop weld that flange, a small pipe, and that adaptor flange together so that you could have a simple adaptor system

Matt
    Yeah I guess that might be a good idea. I might just take it to the muffler shop and have them hack up my intermediate pipe and replace it with a 3 inch flange on the side that connects to the cat(I have a 3 inch downpipe) and use a 3 inch pipe to the back and then taper down to the factory 2.5 inch flange...seems like a lot of work though, haha
    Maybe I should just get this exhaust and be done with it.
    If someone can compare the length of the factory intermediate pipe vs the sr*s intermediate pipe that would be awesome.
    Thanks

There is a vendor on nasioc.com that sells an adapter plate to make this work. I have the plate already so as long as the length is correct it should work(in fact some of you folks with the stock downpipe might want to look into this adapter plate if you have leak issues).

whats the name of that vendor. i can't sleep at night knowing theres a leak. wouldnt hurt to just check it out.

I'll be ordering the CBE early next week... anybody have any last minute input or relaibility, audibility... or any other -ility?
    yup

Quote Originally Posted by natedawg9640 View Post
    I'll be ordering the CBE early next week... anybody have any last minute input or relaibility, audibility... or any other -ility?
    Me too
    Hawk Eye #1991
    Dirty Crew #11
    Military Militia #1991
    I still don't know how I got this car...

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.