Subaru WRX Forum banner

SR*S Catback Exhaust from EBAY PICS and VIDS

188K views 520 replies 169 participants last post by  tebriel 
#1 ·
Hey guys got my SR*S catback from ebay awhile ago, and decided to get some vids of it so you could hear it. (note once you see the quicktime logo appear wait a few for it to load)

Without silencer
http://media.putfile.com/Exhaust-wo-silencer

With silencer
http://media.putfile.com/Exhaust-W-silencer

Driving without silencer (windows down)

http://media.putfile.com/Windows-down-without-silencer

Driving without silencer (windows up)

http://media.putfile.com/Driving-windows-up

Here is a pic of it

Fitment was perfect, It looks great, sounds amazing and performs well. At a little over $200 this is a absolute steal. No droning even at higher speeds and it can be quiet when you need it to.

Im very happy with this purchase.

See less See more
#11 ·
Do you still have all your cats up/down? I think that would increase the decible level considerably. Its going to be a rough day trying to convice my self I don't need this. Do they sell down pipes as well.

#19 ·
It was warmed up. Since I was not going to rev up in my neighbor hood I drove to behind a wal mart by the time ig to there the car was already warmed up. I turned it off so people could here the intial start-up tone.

#20 ·
I was debating between this and an Apexi N1... but with this being only about $250 including shipping it's tempting... good thing I found this thread. I was afraid it wasn't going to sound good but the clip proves otherwise. So I take it you do like it, yes?

#32 ·
I got the same cat-back a couple of weeks ago, its angle out. I love it. After some break in time, it sounds even better. Great quality, great sound and since its all stainless, should last forever. About a week after getting mine i got an AP and flashed stage1 93 octane. Did'nt change the sound at all. Now all i need is a downpipe for stage2! I'd love to get the cheap catless DP's but i'm concerned about creeping. OH, almost forgot, i installed a autometer boost gauge in place of the stock one. I'll post pics when i get some.

#25 ·
S*RS -CBE
ERZ -CBE

So does the S*RS have the same exact pipeing in the midpipe area as the ERZ ? I just wanted to say the ERZ i had was to loud inside the car the Espilir JGT500 i have now only time i do not like how loud is when i let off the pedal and coast in 1st or 2nd and it starts to drone a bit.

I thought you where catless at first and i was going to comment thats how my Espilir sounds catless. :thumbup:

#26 ·
I think im gioing ahead and giving in and geting both ezr up and down with this catback. It comes out around 430 all together which is a great deal Im wondering though w/out cats is this going to be way loud. Theres another exhaust on ebay that looks like its got more deadining stuff I dont know how to post a link or i would. Sike here we go http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ERZ-...6QQihZ020QQcategoryZ33630QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem Im kind of skeptic if its really that type of exhaust and if fitmet will be an issue with that one though. Does any one think the linked one is better or will do more to muffel.

#30 ·
Well I think Im geting a full turbo back and uppipe I might not have the whole thing done for months but I will be sure to tell you how it works out. :thumbup: Im hoping stainless is stainless and they were able to bend the stuff right.

#31 ·
Well the pipe itself (the axle back is straight) so it looks a little angled when you install it. However about noise. I don't think its too loud. Especialy since I just have the catback. Those videos make it sound louder inside then it really is, and I have no droning. The fitment was great. I personally do not have the downpipe, but I know someone who does, and he said it fits great and he loves it. He said alot of his friends with turboXS and HKS exhausts envy the deep grumble that the SR*S has.

Absolutely amazing buy for the money....

#36 ·
I just ordered an uppipe + turbo back s*rs system for 405$ shiped:thumbup: I came to the concultion it going to be loud as hell but I don't care. I'll definatly keep you guys posted and let you know how it sounds. Im not installing the up and downpipe tell I get some sort of EM though. Help with the install would be great as I have very few friends:sadwave: I live in utah where the subaru population is high there aught to be somone who would have intrest in this. Should I look at opensourcing as an option or spring for an AP. I would much rather spend the extra bucks rather than sh*t a piston.

#37 ·
well so far I just have the catback. Install was a breeze.

1)Lift car.
2)Disconnect stock midpipe from downpipe. (to bolts)
3)Loosen exhaust hangers, (WD-40 and a little muscle)
4)pull out exhaust. (careful not to drop it on you:rotfl: )
5)take new exhaust and slide them into stock exhaust hangers
6)bolt back to downpipe
7)turn on car and grin.

and bam your done. :thumbup:

#39 ·
yeah let us know how that sounds. I'll be ordering my SR*S in about a week or so. I also want to do the SR*S cbe plus Invidia dp. If anyone knows anything about that type of setup and how it sounds I'd appreciate it. They didn't have that particular type in the exhaust clips thread.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.