SR*S Catback Exhaust from EBAY PICS and VIDS - Page 20
Page 20 of 35 FirstFirst ... 101112131415161718192021222324252627282930 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on SR*S Catback Exhaust from EBAY PICS and VIDS within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; well i know ive heard the clips but its kinda hard to tell how loud it is from a computer ...

well i know ive heard the clips but its kinda hard to tell how loud it is from a computer speaker... i want to know what yall think about how loud it is say in comparison to stock at idle and on the highway... does it drone? i drive 4 hours back and forth every couple of weeks..

Matt
    UTA FSAE FTW!!!!

Cars
    1993 MR2 Turbo- SOLD
    2004 WRX - SOLD
    2008 Civic Si

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by wrxwalsh View Post
    well i know ive heard the clips but its kinda hard to tell how loud it is from a computer speaker... i want to know what yall think about how loud it is say in comparison to stock at idle and on the highway... does it drone? i drive 4 hours back and forth every couple of weeks..

Matt
    At idle it sounds GREAT. I was sitting outside my friends house and he heard it idling from inside and said it sounded awesome. I dont think it really drones maybe a little though what do you other buyers think
    2004 WRB WRX Stage2+ << SOLD
    2004 PSM STi << FOR SALE
    Blobeye Syndicate # 32
    Dirty Crew # 32
    Quote Originally Posted by RealDealTarheel View Post
    They're usually way too busy popping their BOV's at me anyways. If I put an anti-neon sign on my FMIC I'd really never get to grocery shop in peace.

Quote Originally Posted by blinker5 View Post
    I feel somewhat disapointed with the exhaust now. Ive had it for less than two months now and its developing rust spots all around it. They are pretty small but i thought it was all stainless steel. Its gotten pretty dirty from snowboarding and this was the first time i washed it. is this normal and is there a way to prevent more or get rid of the rust?
    Quote Originally Posted by ZACK777 View Post
    I agree I have had my exhaust for about 6 months and it has a lot of small rust spots, they clean up with a scotch brite pad and some mothers polish but thats a lot of work and you cannot get the entire exhaust, plus the spots come back, I guess you get what you pay for, cheap

I just noticed this today and I wiped it off, i only had like 1 spot but its only 2 weeks old. I am very disappointed that it will get worse, I emailed the seller because in the item description it says
    "WILL NEVER GET RUST"
    so much for that
    2004 PSM STi << FOR SALE
    Blobeye Syndicate # 32
    Dirty Crew # 32
    They're usually way too busy popping their BOV's at me anyways. If I put an anti-neon sign on my FMIC I'd really never get to grocery shop in peace.

so i would probably have the silencer in all the time, and thats what im mostly concerned about it droning is with the silncer in... also whats this new concern with rust spots? i want to wrap mine with fiberglass tape, so im not too concerned about it.

Matt
    UTA FSAE FTW!!!!

Cars
    1993 MR2 Turbo- SOLD
    2004 WRX - SOLD
    2008 Civic Si

Quote Originally Posted by apex32 View Post
    I just noticed this today and I wiped it off, i only had like 1 spot but its only 2 weeks old. I am very disappointed that it will get worse, I emailed the seller because in the item description it says
    "WILL NEVER GET RUST"
    so much for that
    let us know what their response is, like i said earlier, they are replacing the ERZ spec 2 with the SR*S, i originally wanted my money back but they offered to replace with SR*S and attached the sound clips. As long as mine sounds like or close too the clips, i will be very happy.
    Giggidy Giggidy Goo!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 1LOSTSOLDIER View Post
    let us know what their response is, like i said earlier, they are replacing the ERZ spec 2 with the SR*S, i originally wanted my money back but they offered to replace with SR*S and attached the sound clips. As long as mine sounds like or close too the clips, i will be very happy.
    I dont want mine to look orange and ****ty, regardless of how it sounds.

I'll let you know what they say, if I even get a response.
    2004 PSM STi << FOR SALE
    Blobeye Syndicate # 32
    Dirty Crew # 32

so i would probably have the silencer in all the time, and thats what im mostly concerned about it droning is with the silncer in... also whats this new concern with rust spots? i want to wrap mine with fiberglass tape, so im not too concerned about it.

Matt
    can you get fiberglass tape at a normal store or just the interenet???? and you know how much it is, that could be a good idea

i know this has probably been addressed else where.... but is this exhaust pretty loud even with the silencer in? also how lightweight is this exhaust? i want to build my car to be as light as possible hopefully sub 3000lbs with me in it. and im know the stock exhaust is heavy, so if someone could weigh the stock exhaust and this one it would be much appriciated!

Matt
    when i got the exhaust, the shipping info on the box said 30lbs.
    the stock exhaust has to be like 50lbs from just lifting it

i know this has probably been addressed else where.... but is this exhaust pretty loud even with the silencer in? also how lightweight is this exhaust? i want to build my car to be as light as possible hopefully sub 3000lbs with me in it. and im know the stock exhaust is heavy, so if someone could weigh the stock exhaust and this one it would be much appriciated!

Matt
    Well Im not sure what the weight is on them but I can tell you the SR*S stuff I put on is ALOT lighter than the original stuff I took off, The stock header had to weight twice what the new one is, same with the DP and CB.
    2004 PSM WRX VF39'd and loving it.
    1979 Camaro Z28 383 stroker
    1993 Silverado 6.5 TD "Old Smokey"
    1974 Honda CB750 cafe racer project
    blObeye SYNDICATE #88
    "In art, as in love, instinct is enough."

Hmm... mine hasn't started to rust and I've had it since May 2007, almost a year now.

I might have missed it, but did anyone post a clip with the SRS/ERZ tbe? I was going to grab a dp in the future and I'm debating between a few.
    Blobeye Syndicate #018

2005 WRB WRXTi Stage-2

its just as good as any other, ive had no rust yet on the DP or the CBE its just cheaper the wide mouth is not as smooth as i would have liked it but its perfectly fine, it just looks kinda funny inside the pipe. and just imagine that sound of the turbo spooling up its so sexy, the whistle is soooooo sexy i get comments on it ALL the time. and it looks great too when you pop the hood.
    07 WRX CGM, blouch tdo6 18g and supporting mods. Defi racer series gauges, some other random stuff.
    04 Nissan Titan 4x4 LE CC Silver (Sold and missed)

HAWK EYED ALLIANCE #686

I Support ClubWRX
    I can only go off of what I have personally installed on my car. I bought an SR*S Downpipe for my 2003 Subaru WRX 5 speed.

Fitment: horrible. Elaborate? Okay.. I had to remove one of the studs in the turbo to get it to go on. I had to also drill a bigger hole in the flange that meets to the turbo so I could get the stud back in. The rear bracket before the cat back did not fit at all, I had to remove that bracket so it would not rub on their bracket. It also fit badly onto my stock catback.

Looks: For the price, it does not look bad at all.

Would I buy another: No. If your looking for a cheap downpipe and plan on going to stage 2, leaving a stock turbo Id spend the couple extra dollars and purchase an HKS downpipe. It is a huge 3.5" pipe. Yes it is not a bellmouth, but it isnt a big deal on a stock turbo anyway. I had an HKS on my 05 and had 0 fitment issues, performance was a huge step up from factory. Also fits great with stock catback, or aftermarket cat back.

Of course if you want the bellouth downpipe, my Invidia V3 also felt great, bracket works, slides on perfect, fits to my HKS Catback perfect.

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

well i and many of my wrx buddy have both SR*S catback , SR*S downpipe installed and we have 0 fitments issues ,everything fits perfect with no problem and none of our catback got rusted , here is a srs catback exhaust video sound clip from my buddy on his sti :

http://youtube.com/watch?v=eQwGfdnKlLw
    Last edited by 07bluewrx; 02-23-2008 at 11:23 PM.

srs cat back question

I've got a 2007 impreza 2.5L non-turbo, does anybody know if the srs cat back will fit or are the flanges and bends different

Quote Originally Posted by WRexx View Post
    Hmm... mine hasn't started to rust and I've had it since May 2007, almost a year now.

I might have missed it, but did anyone post a clip with the SRS/ERZ tbe? I was going to grab a dp in the future and I'm debating between a few.
    Well You are in CA, I hope it didnt rust. lmao im in upstate NY
    2004 PSM STi << FOR SALE
    Blobeye Syndicate # 32
    Dirty Crew # 32