SR*S Catback Exhaust from EBAY PICS and VIDS - Page 19
+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 35 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920212223242526272829 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on SR*S Catback Exhaust from EBAY PICS and VIDS within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; becuase it just burned through my 02 sensor which set the check engine light on...

becuase it just burned through my 02 sensor which set the check engine light on

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by LC02WRX View Post
    The exhaust burned up your sensor? Anyone else here with this exhaust experience anything like this??
    2006 WRX TR (black)
    18x8 Rota P1 (black w/ red lip)

**Hawk-Eye Alliance #47**
    **Wingless Alliance #19**

Quote Originally Posted by LC02WRX View Post
    Sounds like shens to me... The O2 sensors are both in front of the CBE, how could it cause any harm to the O2 sensor?

It is true that an excessive lean condition can cause the exhaust temps to run too high causing damage to the O2 sensors but I've never heard of a CBE causing an extreme lean condition.
    Last edited by glickstue; 02-09-2008 at 04:12 PM.

Yea thats true i didnt even think about that, because i know i am running a bit lean..sorry about that post, i wasnt even thinking...srs is a great product tho

hi, i have a 2003 2.0 turbo. i put a sr*s t.b.e (down pipe,back ) no fit problems. all perfect. Love the sound,run with baffle in, all so cobb stage 2 to get the most out of exhaust thanks for time
    wolf

just picked up the srs cat back and going to install this week, on my 03wrx, from previous posts looks like its a pretty easy install, also doin the cocktail switch out and rear diff. ill let everyone know how much time and effort it takes and i might take pics but ive seen on other threads some have already donethanks for those writups always help everyone

man this thread is probably the BIGGEST selling point for this exhaust for that guy on ebay lol. props to him for selling something that people are raving about lol.

PS i love mine!
    07 WRX CGM, blouch tdo6 18g and supporting mods. Defi racer series gauges, some other random stuff.
    04 Nissan Titan 4x4 LE CC Silver (Sold and missed)

HAWK EYED ALLIANCE #686

I just got mine saturday and slapped it on. I'm very pleased

The quality is top notch. The flanges are nice and thick and the welds look great. It arrived in perfect condition and it looks great on the car and sounds great too my friends and I love it. Its definitely a step or two up from the stock exhaust without being deafening like the blitz nurspec R. Its loud enough, but not obnoxious. Also the idle sound is great, sitting outside of my friends house he can hear it rumble from his back porch before coming outside. For the price its unbeatable, the gaskets and mounting hardware all come with it and shipping was pretty damn fast for cross country. I would buy it again in a heart beat.

p.s - I thought the CBE was straight judging by the OP, but when I got mine its the angled one. I love it!
    Last edited by apex32; 02-11-2008 at 11:54 AM.
    2004 WRB WRX Stage2+ << SOLD
    2004 PSM STi << FOR SALE
    Blobeye Syndicate # 32
    Dirty Crew # 32
    Quote Originally Posted by RealDealTarheel View Post
    They're usually way too busy popping their BOV's at me anyways. If I put an anti-neon sign on my FMIC I'd really never get to grocery shop in peace.

seems like a lotta pleased customers, i wanna leave work and put mine on NOW

Hopefully I will have mine in a week or so, i originally had the ERZ Spec 2, it sounded like poo! So they said they would replace it with the SR*S. Seeing that everyone likes it, hopefully this will be the one.
    Giggidy Giggidy Goo!!!!

I feel somewhat disapointed with the exhaust now. Ive had it for less than two months now and its developing rust spots all around it. They are pretty small but i thought it was all stainless steel. Its gotten pretty dirty from snowboarding and this was the first time i washed it. is this normal and is there a way to prevent more or get rid of the rust?

Quote Originally Posted by blinker5 View Post
    I feel somewhat disapointed with the exhaust now. Ive had it for less than two months now and its developing rust spots all around it. They are pretty small but i thought it was all stainless steel. Its gotten pretty dirty from snowboarding and this was the first time i washed it. is this normal and is there a way to prevent more or get rid of the rust?
    I agree I have had my exhaust for about 6 months and it has a lot of small rust spots, they clean up with a scotch brite pad and some mothers polish but thats a lot of work and you cannot get the entire exhaust, plus the spots come back, I guess you get what you pay for, cheap
    2004 PSM WRX VF39'd and loving it.
    1979 Camaro Z28 383 stroker
    1993 Silverado 6.5 TD "Old Smokey"
    1974 Honda CB750 cafe racer project
    blObeye SYNDICATE #88
    "In art, as in love, instinct is enough."

humm, i have installed mine for more than 7 months and there are no rust spot on any portion of the exhaust ,i am guessing you live a snow place?

i know this has probably been addressed else where.... but is this exhaust pretty loud even with the silencer in? also how lightweight is this exhaust? i want to build my car to be as light as possible hopefully sub 3000lbs with me in it. and im know the stock exhaust is heavy, so if someone could weigh the stock exhaust and this one it would be much appriciated!

Matt
    UTA FSAE FTW!!!!

Cars
    1993 MR2 Turbo- SOLD
    2004 WRX - SOLD
    2008 Civic Si

Quote Originally Posted by wrxwalsh View Post
    i know this has probably been addressed else where.... but is this exhaust pretty loud even with the silencer in? also how lightweight is this exhaust? i want to build my car to be as light as possible hopefully sub 3000lbs with me in it. and im know the stock exhaust is heavy, so if someone could weigh the stock exhaust and this one it would be much appriciated!

Matt
    there are sound clips on the very first post, w/ and without silencer, and i get mine in the mail today im guessing it will be lighter but i will weigh stock and srs and let you know the difference in the next few days

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.