SR*S Catback Exhaust from EBAY PICS and VIDS - Page 12
+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on SR*S Catback Exhaust from EBAY PICS and VIDS within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; it will sounds nice on the wagon ,i have friends brought it and installed it , sounds just the same ...

it will sounds nice on the wagon ,i have friends brought it and installed it , sounds just the same on the sedan smooth and deep rumple sound

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Oldfart Racer View Post
    I am more worried about the sound in car. The wagon will drone more than a sadan.
    u sound exactly like i did before i bought it. get it i promise you will like it.

anyone have pics of how this exhaust stands the test of time?

well, I live RIGHT on the ocean and it still looks great with no rust at all. Have had it for like 6 mo. Still looks as good as when I bought it. Just keep it clean.
    358 awhp/430 tq.Tuned by PRE
    stock turbo
    DIFFERENT STROKES.
    Blobeye syndicate #101

yep just buy it ,you won't be regret

Silencer

Well. I got my ERZ cat-back in the mail today. Looks good. Even came with a flex piece in the mid-pipe that I was unaware of. It's installed and ready to go. But, my worst nightmare has come true... I cant get my silencer out . What do I do? I went to my local body shop and tried to get it out with a slide hammer, and that didn't work (this was pre-installation). I also tried a bit of WD-40 but that didnt seem to do much, although that combined with the slide hammer it might. What do I do guys. Will driving it a bit expand my muffler and make it a bit easier to take out? Get it real hot after driving it for a while then try? I really want to take this thing out. It looks so much better without it IMO. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Other than that, the exhaust is fine. I just want that deeper rumble (and to take that stupid thing out of my exhaust tip).

Quote Originally Posted by SSSWRX04 View Post
    Well. I got my ERZ cat-back in the mail today. Looks good. Even came with a flex piece in the mid-pipe that I was unaware of. It's installed and ready to go. But, my worst nightmare has come true... I cant get my silencer out . What do I do? I went to my local body shop and tried to get it out with a slide hammer, and that didn't work (this was pre-installation). I also tried a bit of WD-40 but that didnt seem to do much, although that combined with the slide hammer it might. What do I do guys. Will driving it a bit expand my muffler and make it a bit easier to take out? Get it real hot after driving it for a while then try? I really want to take this thing out. It looks so much better without it IMO. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Other than that, the exhaust is fine. I just want that deeper rumble (and to take that stupid thing out of my exhaust tip).
    try and vice grip and the rim of the silencer and pull
    Quote Originally Posted by BigB007 View Post
    For the first time this week the crappy neon thats been stalking me didn't find me and rev at me.

By 'rim' do you mean the inner circle where the exhaust comes out? Take a vice grip to the opening and pull hard?

I just don't know if that would work if a slide hammer didn't. Also, if it doesn't work I don't want to drive around with a dented silencer. I don't care if it gets ****ed up but comes out though, I just want it out in any condition.

EDIT: The guy I bought it off ebay from (nissangtrpower) said to try using 91 octane around the tip as lubricant, and then try. Will this work? I already tried WD-40, is there any difference?
    Last edited by SSSWRX04; 10-19-2007 at 09:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SSSWRX04 View Post
    By 'rim' do you mean the inner circle where the exhaust comes out? Take a vice grip to the opening and pull hard?

I just don't know if that would work if a slide hammer didn't. Also, if it doesn't work I don't want to drive around with a dented silencer. I don't care if it gets ****ed up but comes out though, I just want it out in any condition.

EDIT: The guy I bought it off ebay from (nissangtrpower) said to try using 91 octane around the tip as lubricant, and then try. Will this work? I already tried WD-40, is there any difference?
    well I took mine out right away, it didnt want to come out at first but if you just wiggle it back and forth for a while it will eventually come out, and yes but rim I mean the circle where the exhaust come out. Or try something with a hook at the end and stick it down the exhaust, it will catch the end of the silencer, and keep on hitting towards you, hope that helps.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigB007 View Post
    For the first time this week the crappy neon thats been stalking me didn't find me and rev at me.

Tried

Yeah I tried that with a slide hammer. And if anything is going to get it out from the back with a hook its a slide hammer. I also tried pulling a bit around the rim with a vice grip and it doesn't even budge 1 bit. I don't wanna bend my silencer too much if I'm going to be driving around with it for a while.

i did the vise grip and wiggle method...took a while but got it out eventually

drive around for like 15 minutes or so, go run some aarons and then go and grab a bag of ice, put it ONLY on the silencer that worked for me, its shrank it enough to get it outta there with a little help from my best friend, channel lock. :-P

I think my friend Mr. Vice Grip can compete with the channel lock, but I guess I can try that ice thing. But will it really cool the silencer that much and the outside of the muffler still be hot?

idk i may have gotten lucky. im sure dryice would do the trick.get the inside cold so then it starts to shrink but then as its happening ur yankin on it and pop! thats how i did it
    also once u get it out, try sanding down the parts that contact the muffler tip so that way its a little smaller nexttime and u can get it out easily but not to a point where its letting air through the sidewalls.

Question

This is for anyone who has the ERZ cat-back and has successfully removed the silencer.

How many plates are there on the silencer tube? Is it just one outer plate and then the tube? Or is there an inner plate also, that is hidden by the outer plate.

Reason I ask is because I am thinking of cutting a circle on the outer plate AROUND the tube, so that I can just pull it out. And then somehow just wedge that plate thing out from there, which should be VERY easy with that middle tube and part of the plate out of the way. But if there are 2 plates, that would be very difficult to get access to cut the inner plate.

Anyway, please let me know what your ERZ silencer looked like.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.