SR*S Catback Exhaust from EBAY PICS and VIDS - Page 11
+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 35 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on SR*S Catback Exhaust from EBAY PICS and VIDS within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by ajsades BCS tuned? are you using any sort of engine/fuel management as well? looking to make my ...

Quote Originally Posted by ajsades View Post
    BCS tuned? are you using any sort of engine/fuel management as well?

looking to make my first mods to my car in a few months and I want to get the best bang for my buck but also whats best for the car at the same time.

Some people swear by doing computer work first before doing any mods but others say changing out the exhaust and UP won't hurt.

Just looking to be as educated as possible before I make a purchase.
    Buy the SRS TBE and UP,BCS,IC hoses and turbo inlet and em, either AP, or opensource
    Quote Originally Posted by BigB007 View Post
    For the first time this week the crappy neon thats been stalking me didn't find me and rev at me.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Sr*s Catback

The SR*S catback is really nice ,has a smooth deep rumble sound ,and it is really a full 3 inches catback ,no taper down on anywhere of the exhaust ,this is a really a true Full 3 inches catback and true full T-304 stainless steel ,don't be fool by those cheap catback with no name that will rust in couple of weeks and most of them 's pipe will reduce to 2.5 inches on where it bolts on to the cat-converter , you really can't go wrong with this SR*S catback guys , now all my wrx friends wants to get it too because they got the cheap one before and now it is rusted and sounds like shi lol
    Last edited by 07bluewrx; 10-07-2007 at 01:10 PM.

2004 WRX. Looking to get ERZ catback + dp?

Hey guys. I am new to these forums, but I have been researching and looking to purchase an ERZ SR*S catback exhaust off of ebay. The reviews are great, and I cant wait to finally order it and install it. However I was considering also purchasing an ERZ downpipe. Now, as I understand it, this would delete the first catalytic converter off of the turbo. So, am I correct to say that I would still have 1 cat left? (Essentially, the mid-pipe). Or in other words, a turbo-back exhaust with the exception of the mid-pipe/catalytic convertwe between the cat-back and downpipe?

Now, If what I said above is true (I might get corrected by one of you who have actually installed this), will I be able to pass inspection with only 1 catalytic converter? I live in New York State...

I would clearly like to get the ERZ downpipe along with the catback, but I need to be able to pass inspection if my dad is going to let me do this. And truthfully, I wouldnt want to switch out the downpipe every time I need an inspection anyways. Thanks for your time and help guys, I appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by SSSWRX04 View Post
    Hey guys. I am new to these forums, but I have been researching and looking to purchase an ERZ SR*S catback exhaust off of ebay. The reviews are great, and I cant wait to finally order it and install it. However I was considering also purchasing an ERZ downpipe. Now, as I understand it, this would delete the first catalytic converter off of the turbo. So, am I correct to say that I would still have 1 cat left? (Essentially, the mid-pipe). Or in other words, a turbo-back exhaust with the exception of the mid-pipe/catalytic convertwe between the cat-back and downpipe?

Now, If what I said above is true (I might get corrected by one of you who have actually installed this), will I be able to pass inspection with only 1 catalytic converter? I live in New York State...

I would clearly like to get the ERZ downpipe along with the catback, but I need to be able to pass inspection if my dad is going to let me do this. And truthfully, I wouldnt want to switch out the downpipe every time I need an inspection anyways. Thanks for your time and help guys, I appreciate it.

I'm assuming you have an 04 by your username.

A full downpipe like this will take care of your second and third cat. There is another cat in your up-pipe as well.

Theoretically, the way you will pass emission in NY is if you go with an AccessPort or get tuned which turns off the codes for o2 cat inefficiency for the downpipe.

NY does emissions via OBD2.

~myke
    ::2004 JBP WRX::

ahh so the dp replaces the 2 cats after the turbo, but the uppipe still has a 3rd cat that stays. so, you are saying that a dp will screw me as far as nys emissions go? and you say an accessport can fix this?

NY doesn't go by the sniffer test. I have been told that if your ecu comes up with a ready status you are good to go.

I haven't experienced this myself as i still have all of my cats in place. Search this site and NASIOC i'm sure it has been discussed.

~myke
    ::2004 JBP WRX::

anybody here with a 06-07 2.5i "rs" have this exhaust, it seems to be a good buy for my first mod

Up-pipe

What about an up-pipe. Would a cat-less up-pipe stop me from passing New York State emissions?

this thread is WAY off topic..... buy srs or erz turbo back....they are great for the price and sound very nice.....end of story please move on!!
    358 awhp/430 tq.Tuned by PRE
    stock turbo
    DIFFERENT STROKES.
    Blobeye syndicate #101

lol we should keep this alive so more people know the SR*S exhaust is so good
    Last edited by 07bluewrx; 10-10-2007 at 05:18 PM.

lol this is the longest thread on a single exhaust ive ever seen... wonder if the manufacture knows how much their exhaust is being sold by word of mouth. They should cut Club WRX a proffit for sales.
    Anyways, I think people should stop talking about it and just buy it....they WONT be dissapointed!
    stock turbo
    DIFFERENT STROKES.
    Blobeye syndicate #101

Anyone have one on a wagon? The highway drone will kill you in a wagon.
    VF30 powered 02 wagon

here is a picture of it installed on the wagon that i found on the site:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/JDM-S...spagenameZWDVW

I am more worried about the sound in car. The wagon will drone more than a sadan.
    VF30 powered 02 wagon

you can buy this stuff similar to dynamat from home depot. It is really cheap and it either comes in smaller rolls or large rolls. I believe its for around windows and gutters to prevent leaks. It has a silver "foil finish" on one end and the other is sticky. Anyways, i put a whole bunc of it in my trunk and under rear seats and it made a huge difference.
    stock turbo
    DIFFERENT STROKES.
    Blobeye syndicate #101

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.