SR*S Catback Exhaust from EBAY PICS and VIDS - Page 10
+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 35 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on SR*S Catback Exhaust from EBAY PICS and VIDS within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; What's the difference between the erz catback and the other ebay catbacks. they look exactly the same and the bends ...

What's the difference between the erz catback and the other ebay catbacks. they look exactly the same and the bends are in the same exact places. the cheaper catbacks go for 160 shipped and erz/srs is 240-250 shipped. look at these pics.

erz

other ebay

other ebay brand

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

^ the inlet maybe? it's 2 1/4", the SRS I believe is a full 3"
    Blobeye Syndicate #018

2005 WRB WRXTi Stage-2

Quote Originally Posted by Black Pearl View Post
    Do you have the SRS DP also?
    Yup i did, its amazing how cheap it was and its great quality, im very satisfied, everything fit perfectly. i burnt the A/C drip hose because i didnt realise it was rubing directly against the DP, no worries, i made my own hose and hooked it all up for a grand total of about 3 dollars. now its outta the way. if u want an exhaust+DP get the ebay ERZ stuff, its crazy good. Youll love it i garentee

so wait...what exactly is the difference b/t the erz and srs catbacks....b/c they look EXACTLY the same, but have a 100 dollar price difference

Quote Originally Posted by greenc51 View Post
    so wait...what exactly is the difference b/t the erz and srs catbacks....b/c they look EXACTLY the same, but have a 100 dollar price difference
    found one difference. it's 3 inch piping but then goes to a 2.25 inch inlet.

i contacted the seller on this one and said its full 3 inch piping and will bolt perfectly onto a 3 inch downpipe.

just have to make sure the inlet is 3 inches

so i checked out the ebay store that the original poster of this thread bought his srs catback from
    the seller's name is nissangtrpower
    he sells both erz and srs
    and the both seem to be 3 inch piping...the erz is about 240 and the srs 280...so i guess there is no difference whatsoever...? except price...?

Quote Originally Posted by greenc51 View Post
    so i checked out the ebay store that the original poster of this thread bought his srs catback from
    the seller's name is nissangtrpower
    he sells both erz and srs
    and the both seem to be 3 inch piping...the erz is about 240 and the srs 280...so i guess there is no difference whatsoever...? except price...?
    Not sure about the ERZ but the SR*S has a flex section instead of the flex joint at the dp/mid pipe flange. Doesnt appear the ERZ has either, flex is important.
    Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant,"If I live, I will kill you. If i die, you are forgiven. " such is the rule of Honor.

long thread, erz is good the end.
    Tuned by Jorge at P&L, 240.83whp 239.60wtq at 14.8psi on 2.0L with stock td04 (But doesn't run)

Quote Originally Posted by Ditch64 View Post
    Yup i did, its amazing how cheap it was and its great quality, im very satisfied, everything fit perfectly. i burnt the A/C drip hose because i didnt realise it was rubing directly against the DP, no worries, i made my own hose and hooked it all up for a grand total of about 3 dollars. now its outta the way. if u want an exhaust+DP get the ebay ERZ stuff, its crazy good. Youll love it i garentee
    I know Ive had them for a couple months
    Quote Originally Posted by BigB007 View Post
    For the first time this week the crappy neon thats been stalking me didn't find me and rev at me.

so is it to much to ask if anyone has had any noticeable performance increases? (track slips, dyno information)

also what about emissions if you do a tbe?

I'd love to do a tbe and a dp but I am worried about not passing emissions.

Also are any erz available with a straight tip (I don't want an angled one)?
    2005 WRX - "Bone me blue color"
    TBE Exhaust (Sickly sweet). Syn oil.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ajsades View Post
    so is it to much to ask if anyone has had any noticeable performance increases? (track slips, dyno information)

also what about emissions if you do a tbe?

I'd love to do a tbe and a dp but I am worried about not passing emissions.

Also are any erz available with a straight tip (I don't want an angled one)?
    I don't think there are any strait ones. You will not pass emisions without cats. I put down 230whp with mine and a BCS tuned<<<<<<<<very important. I you want to pass emisions then just put the stock dp back on. Thats a no brainer. Moding the exaust in anyway is illeagal so might as well do it right.

you could just put one of those o2 sensor thigs on that extend it out (cant think of the name) but they are really cheap and it wont throw a check engine light with catless DP. So when tey plug in to obd port it will pass. My friend used it on his evo and worked perfect.
    358 awhp/430 tq.Tuned by PRE
    stock turbo
    DIFFERENT STROKES.
    Blobeye syndicate #101

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ryan2.5 View Post
    you could just put one of those o2 sensor thigs on that extend it out (cant think of the name) but they are really cheap and it wont throw a check engine light with catless DP. So when tey plug in to obd port it will pass. My friend used it on his evo and worked perfect.
    Yeah but if they use a sniffer you will be SOL

BCS tuned? are you using any sort of engine/fuel management as well?

looking to make my first mods to my car in a few months and I want to get the best bang for my buck but also whats best for the car at the same time.

Some people swear by doing computer work first before doing any mods but others say changing out the exhaust and UP won't hurt.

Just looking to be as educated as possible before I make a purchase.
    2005 WRX - "Bone me blue color"
    TBE Exhaust (Sickly sweet). Syn oil.

Quote Originally Posted by Not-EWRX View Post
    Yeah but if they use a sniffer you will be SOL
    that is true, but in most instances with OBD2 they will plug right into your port. And if you arent throwing a check engine light or you didnt have the secondary O2 disabled you would be fine. Check out your local emissions center and see what they do or talk to someone who has a modded car wo has gone there.
    358 awhp/430 tq.Tuned by PRE
    stock turbo
    DIFFERENT STROKES.
    Blobeye syndicate #101

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.