"The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) - Page 99
Page 99 of 788 FirstFirst ... 498990919293949596979899100101102103104105106107108109149199599 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,485 of 11815

This is a discussion on "The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I got the last one they had in stock as I posted 6 weeks ago, but I know they still ...

I got the last one they had in stock as I posted 6 weeks ago, but I know they still have the sound clip up on their site.
    As for the blue color the gentleman at Stratmosphere said very few were produced.You may be able to have one anodised localy I am sure.
    Later , JV

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

very true, I never realised how loud it was til I was driving with the window open and the radio off. No wonder people walking on the sidewalk would get startled when you shift

cohlineman

your engine is *****ing beautifull what kind of tubbin is that and how did u get that wrx logo on the intercooler

Thumbs up Cheap , Cheap!

I got the idea from one of my son's friends who did the same to his little Honda.
    That is simply plastic convoluted tubing that you can buy at most performance shops , the best is Taylor brand (they make plug wires too) , the Spectra brand at Kragans etc. is not uniform in color and thickness. the blue pieces are just 6 coats of Duplicolor Ceramic engine paint on any removable piece I could take off and sand , why didn't I do the belt cover???I ran out of paint!
    The WRX on the IC was done with a cardboard stencil I made by carefuly measuring and drawing the WRX logo onto a piece of bannana box from Costco , lots of newspaper and masking tape to protect the car and there you have it. One weekend and about $40 in materials , Don't forget to replace all the zip ties with colored ones!
    One day I'll do real Samco hoses but for now this was a fun project for me and the kid.
    JV

Originally posted by stilesg57
    I read the post, I was just hoping that he gave stratmosphere as a recomendation and got it somewhere else - stratmosphere doesn't carry WRX BOV's any more since like 6 weeks. Just really wanted a blue one but Forge doesn't list one and Stratmosphere ain't sellin' 'em. oh well, thanks for the replies.

As for the description, thanks but I've heard plenty about this valve - I've been browsing these boards for over a year and have yet to come across a negative post about Forge's valve or their customer service. The same can't be said of the others...
    IMO I would go with the GFB Blue Anodized 50/50 BOV. I've had the GFB (RED) on my car for well over a year now, and it's been GREAT.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails wrx engine.jpg  
    Turbo XS Stage IV PnP; Mods include: STI, HKS, PDE, Bosal, MRT, ZeroSports, BPM, Samco, IHI, Whalbro, NGK, Defi, Greddy, Kartboy, Sony, 2 Tone Leather, Charcoal Tint, Billet Grill, and Vanity Plate.

Stock bov question

When I forst put my mbc on the car it was tuned to 15psi with the stock bov vented to the atmosphere (not the smartest thing in the world)..my question is could the stock bov leak some boost up top because when I got my forge bov the other day..I put it on and took it for a drive and hit the cut in 3rd...I dont have a boost gauge, I was using a friends gauge to tune the car..I turned the boost down to god knows what and now it works fine..but it is slow becuase I dont know the psi....could this be true

you need to get a boost gauge ASAP! playing with boost without one is no good. =blown engine!!
    '05 CGM Subaru Impreza WRX Mods
    '02 WRB Subaru Impreza WRX (sold)
    '94 Subaru Legacy Wagon L (daily)
    '90 Toyota Supra Turbo

I know..I have one coming to me in the next couple days...I was using my friends out of his car and tuning with that...

i gotta question about my BOV??

i have the HKS, everything installed smooth, it sounds great!! but i think that it does'nt pull as hard when around 3K as it did before the BOV, or am i just gettin use to my car more?? what u think??
    2003 Aspen White WRX

Mods: HKS turbo timer, HKS SS BOV, Progress springs, gauge pod & gauges, 17" Konig Holes "graphite"

Facts about the WRX stock exhaust

Please feel free to add more facts about the stock WRX Exhaust. Anything from headers to the tailpipe.

I've dropped my exhaust this past week and did some measuring and here is what I found...

Uppipe
    - weighs 7 lbs
    - Inlet exhaust size is 1 1/2"
    - Outlet exhaust size is 1 5/8"

Downpipe/midpipe
    - weighs 23 lbs
    - Inlet/outlet exhaust size is 2 1/4"

Catback (rear exhaust pipe/Axle back)
    - weighs 30 lbs
    - rear exhaust pipe inlet/outlet exhaust size is 2 1/4"
    - Axle back inlet exhaust size is 2"
    - Muffler outlet exhaust size Duel tip (didn't measure )

Total weight for uppipe/turboback is 60 lbs.
    '02 WRX white - Uppipe, MattSpec Turbo-back, Dynorad

Cohlineman and all others,
    Glad you like your blue valve. We will be carrying the blue DV and BOV's at our new warehouse in Orlando, FL. As well as continuing the black and polished.

Tom Porter
    Forge Motorsport, USA

Blow Aweful Valve

while you're on the subject, i have a Q. i just installed a turboXs type H BOV in my '03 rex. unless i lay into the pedal and completely open up the throttle, the BOV just sputters and sounds like a prostitute's box when she sneezes when i let off the gas. is this the deal with all BOVs, just the turboXs type H, or am i doing something retarded???? also, it seems that my turbo is spooling up a lot louder. is this normal when a BOV is installed, or am i just noticing it now whereas i might not have before? thanks for any help
    "you cant fly a helicoptor drunk, barney. it's not like driving a car"

All I gotta say is TOM PORTER IS THA MAN! I'm having some problems with my Forge BOV, which is very rare, and he's sendin me new springs and helpin' me work out the problem with no hassel! He's an awesome guy to work with...which is another example of Forge's sweet customer service!
    -Ryan |Dub-Yuh Our Ex Ess Tee Eye| My Car

Re: Blow Aweful Valve

Originally posted by Starscream888
    while you're on the subject, i have a Q. i just installed a turboXs type H BOV in my '03 rex. unless i lay into the pedal and completely open up the throttle, the BOV just sputters and sounds like a prostitute's box when she sneezes when i let off the gas. is this the deal with all BOVs, just the turboXs type H, or am i doing something retarded???? also, it seems that my turbo is spooling up a lot louder. is this normal when a BOV is installed, or am i just noticing it now whereas i might not have before? thanks for any help
    Someone else on here had a similar problem with the same BOV. I can't remember who it was and what ended up happening. Aaah...brain not working!!! I guess try the search button.

I have the HKS BOV and the blow off sound is louder when I shift at higher RPMs. It doesn't sputter like your describing, but it could be the nature of that particular BOV. As for the louder spool up, I installed my BOV at the same time I installed my air intake, so I can't really attrinute the louder spool up to just the BOV, because air intakes make the spool up sound more audible.

Hopefuly someone else on here can give this member a more conclusive answer.
    Fahd

Floats like a butterfly and stings like when I pee!

Last edited by Mattr762; 04-22-2003 at 08:29 AM.
    '02 WRX white - Uppipe, MattSpec Turbo-back, Dynorad