"The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) - Page 98
+ Reply to Thread
Page 98 of 790 FirstFirst ... 48888990919293949596979899100101102103104105106107108148198598 ... LastLast
Results 1,456 to 1,470 of 11840

This is a discussion on "The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I would keep the stock BOV unless you swap for a bigger turbo. The OE one vents back to the ...

I would keep the stock BOV unless you swap for a bigger turbo. The OE one vents back to the turbo and actually helps keep it spooled when you get off the gas.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I've put at least 75 miles on it, and I'm still having the same problems. It seems like I'm losing power because of it. It seems as if it's bleeding while in boost....if I got the red spring, do you think it'll still vent!? I'm running stock turbo with 15.5 psi from a JoeP.
    -Ryan |Dub-Yuh Our Ex Ess Tee Eye| My Car

i was running into the same problem...give it 25 more miles...if you are still running into problems give forge usa a call and explain the problem and they will send you the correct spring...i have not heard of anyone having so many problems that they have had to take the forge off....

i think the red spring may work...
    -Brian

Twisty Monster - 335 ft/lb of torque @ 3600 rpm on a stock turbo. Is that possible? Yes it is.

!
    Last edited by 03REX; 04-30-2003 at 03:07 PM.
    01 Black 325i

again...i would suggest that you give forge usa a call...they are a great help and will send you exactly what you need to fix the problem...

great customer service
    -Brian

Twisty Monster - 335 ft/lb of torque @ 3600 rpm on a stock turbo. Is that possible? Yes it is.

Hey cohlineman -

Where did you get the blue Forge? I've heard of these a little bit but haven't been able to find any. Did you buy it that way or do it yourself? If you did it, how?
    Thanks
    <----- Finally found an avatar I like!

installing my HKS bov???????

should i grease the seals or anything extra while installing my HKS bov??? and is there any catches to doin it easyier???
    2003 Aspen White WRX

Mods: HKS turbo timer, HKS SS BOV, Progress springs, gauge pod & gauges, 17" Konig Holes "graphite"

Nope. It's pretty straight forward. Some people took off the intercooler for the intake return plug, but I didn't. Good luck.

Originally posted by stilesg57
    Hey cohlineman -

Where did you get the blue Forge? I've heard of these a little bit but haven't been able to find any. Did you buy it that way or do it yourself? If you did it, how?
    Thanks
    Read his post again buddy: www.stratmosphere.com
    Fahd

Floats like a butterfly and stings like when I pee!

That's it.

WRXin' said it all, go to their link and you can even listen to a clip.
    Forge is a UK company specializing in billet products.This BOV was anodized at the factory.It is 100% VTA and is mysteriously one of those 100% BOVs that do not seem give any of their owners grief other than changing the springs to accomodate non stock boost applications.Forge Motorsports will answer all your questions and supply replacement springs.
    I do not know if anything has changed , but when I purchased mine , Stratmosphere said they were no longer stocking parts for Subarus , only Audis. Call them up.

Just got BOV!!!

I just got my Forge BOV and I installed it and it is cool, but it is pretty quiet inside the car..outside the car it is loud and sounds great...it might just be me...it is nice and it looks great...I am happy

dose it come with evey thing to bolt it on or do you have to buy an adapter.

It came with everything that is needed...bolted right on..even came with a plug for the return line form the factory bov

Originally posted by WRC_Obsessed
    again...i would suggest that you give forge usa a call...they are a great help and will send you exactly what you need to fix the problem...

great customer service
    definitely do that. they are great guys to ask, especially about their own product. oh yeah, and my forge keychain looks killer i sold the bov in favor of an hks unit, but not for any mechanical reason. it simply wasn't the sound i wanted.

if you don't call them, at least send them an email. now where's that keychain... *scrounging through desk*
    05 STi...not stock

I read the post, I was just hoping that he gave stratmosphere as a recomendation and got it somewhere else - stratmosphere doesn't carry WRX BOV's any more since like 6 weeks. Just really wanted a blue one but Forge doesn't list one and Stratmosphere ain't sellin' 'em. oh well, thanks for the replies.

As for the description, thanks but I've heard plenty about this valve - I've been browsing these boards for over a year and have yet to come across a negative post about Forge's valve or their customer service. The same can't be said of the others...
    <----- Finally found an avatar I like!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.