"The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) - Page 96
+ Reply to Thread
Page 96 of 790 FirstFirst ... 468687888990919293949596979899100101102103104105106146196596 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,440 of 11840

This is a discussion on "The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; The only thing that running ritch can really do to your engine is wash oil off of your cylinder walls. ...

The only thing that running ritch can really do to your engine is wash oil off of your cylinder walls. This means that you may have to change your oil a little more offten, but not much.
    --Jared

go fast, take the apex(no matter what)

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Well, I just got mine!! I am just interested in the theory behind changing the springs and what the process is like and what to look for when taking it out for a test drive. Which spring for which power level, etc....

-joe
    '02 WRB Sedan

Removed silencer w/ Akimoto Velocity Stack, Blitz Dual TT, Autospeed Prototype Up-pipe w/ Flex-joint, Autospeed Crank Pulley, Autospeed OEM Dead Pedal, Samco IC Hoses, Axxis Pads, Goodridge Lines, Neo Synth Brake Fluid, Speedbleeders, Eibach Pro-Kit, Perrin Endlinks and Rear Sway, 17" Sub Zeros w/ 225/45 ES100s, Crucial Racing Thermostat and 1.4bar Radiator Cap, Autometer Sport-Comp Oil Pressure, EGT, and Voltmeter on the A-Pillar, STI Hoodscoop.

I use the blue spring. It is extremely easy to change them and the washers/shims are equally simple. Forge do give GREAT customer support.

One twist of the body and you can access the spring.

I wouldn't describe what I had as a stumble - it would not make boost beyond 4psi as the BOV was opening! Changed the spring and no probs - if you go too stiff on the spring you will not vent and get compressor stall.

You essentially have to match your spring tension to the boost levels you are running.

Thanks, I think I got it now. The guy I am getting mine from basically had the same mods as me and he said he had the medium spring installed in it. I am sure I will get a better feel for it when I get it installed and take it out for spin.

-joe
    '02 WRB Sedan

Removed silencer w/ Akimoto Velocity Stack, Blitz Dual TT, Autospeed Prototype Up-pipe w/ Flex-joint, Autospeed Crank Pulley, Autospeed OEM Dead Pedal, Samco IC Hoses, Axxis Pads, Goodridge Lines, Neo Synth Brake Fluid, Speedbleeders, Eibach Pro-Kit, Perrin Endlinks and Rear Sway, 17" Sub Zeros w/ 225/45 ES100s, Crucial Racing Thermostat and 1.4bar Radiator Cap, Autometer Sport-Comp Oil Pressure, EGT, and Voltmeter on the A-Pillar, STI Hoodscoop.

I just installed mine today, and I CAN notice some differences...

Shifting is a LITTLE, not very noticable at all, sloppy.

Sometimes the RPMs will bump up like 100-200RPMs when I'm shifting (after I let off the clutch)...

No big deals tho, but it's definately worth it! BTW, I got a Forge.

Now, tonite I need to install my MBC that I got in the mail today! Today was a great day! Forge BOV and MBC came in the mail, not to mention how beautiful it is outside.
    -Ryan |Dub-Yuh Our Ex Ess Tee Eye| My Car

forge BOV

im looking for a good vender do by a forge BOV i would like the lowest price but with good customer serves so it will still make it to me
    thanks

I got mine from www.stratmosphere.com

Good customer serice too. They sent out a new spring to me when the stock spring was too stiff to allow for venting...
    02 WRX WRBP sedan..
    Upgrades??? stock...

i got mine from rallyperformance ...but if you are looking for good customer service avoid them like the plague...

you can also order them directly from forge ...
    -Brian

Twisty Monster - 335 ft/lb of torque @ 3600 rpm on a stock turbo. Is that possible? Yes it is.

Got mine straight from Forge (see WRC_Obsessed's post for the link) and had GREAT service!
    Aloha, Richard...
    Retired Moderator
    TXS Stage 4 UTEC + TMIC + JoeP
    12.75 @ 105.67mph - 1.74 60'

buy straight from Forge because they have the cheapest price
    i think around $150

you will have to also have to factor in sales and import tax in with the forge if you order it from the UK...

note the fine print...

Prices do not include shipping. You will be contacted to confirm shipping cost BEFORE your card is charged. If you have any questions or concerns please call FORGE on 01452 380999
    it will probably be closer to $175
    -Brian

Twisty Monster - 335 ft/lb of torque @ 3600 rpm on a stock turbo. Is that possible? Yes it is.

Note, I ordered from Forge's website (and it looked like everything was coming from the UK) - but Forge USA (in Florida) sent me my valve with no outrageous shipping charges. Loved the whole experience!
    Aloha, Richard...
    Retired Moderator
    TXS Stage 4 UTEC + TMIC + JoeP
    12.75 @ 105.67mph - 1.74 60'

that does sound good...
    -Brian

that's what i was gonna say about the forge company
    it's not on UK, it's the one on the US Florida
    sorry forgot to tell u that

Originally posted by is2scooby
    Note, I ordered from Forge's website (and it looked like everything was coming from the UK) - but Forge USA (in Florida) sent me my valve with no outrageous shipping charges. Loved the whole experience!

do u no how long it took to ship to u

i just got done ordering my BOV striate from forge and the only charred me 150 because this is where it coming from Forge Motorsport Inc.
    6536 Pinecastle Blvd
    Suite 'C'
    Orlando
    FL 32809
    USA
    P.S thanks for all the help

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.