"The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) - Page 95
Page 95 of 788 FirstFirst ... 45858687888990919293949596979899100101102103104105145195595 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,425 of 11808

This is a discussion on "The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally posted by uptownWRX i just got the RFL last week, trust me, you want the adapter. the only reason ...

: : J-Lovin Moderator: : PhreeZe's Avatar
    Originally posted by uptownWRX
    i just got the RFL last week, trust me, you want the adapter. the only reason you would not want it is if you have a front mount and a different upper intercooler pipe. but otherwise spend the extra cash. it took me 15 minutes to install, and that was taking my time. without it i can honestly say you will be there for hours upon hours. reason being the adapter sits flush over the bracket that is an odd D shape. there is no way you would want to go welding anything onto this plate. but if you did you would have to weld a piece on there and then attach the b.o.v. and you would always see the bracket underneath. that is just my opinion though. hope that helps.
    I agree there. I have a RFL too.

Jason
    "It's not how you stand by your car, it's how you race your car. You better learn that." - Ja Rule

Jason - Jasle@Centurytel.net
    Exterior & Appearance/Northwest Moderator

Vendor of Choice: World One Performance

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Question RFL?????

for you that have the RFL how is it? i have the GFB and have loved it ever since i put it on, but i am looking for something louder? trying to avoid the CEL problem. any input appreciated...

: : J-Lovin Moderator: : PhreeZe's Avatar

Re: RFL?????

Originally posted by wrxracer
    for you that have the RFL how is it? i have the GFB and have loved it ever since i put it on, but i am looking for something louder? trying to avoid the CEL problem. any input appreciated...
    I love it. No CEL. No bov should cause a CEL. But I've heard the GFB and the sound volume is nothing compared to the RFL. You might wanna ride someones car before you buy one.

Jason
    "It's not how you stand by your car, it's how you race your car. You better learn that." - Ja Rule

Jason - Jasle@Centurytel.net
    Exterior & Appearance/Northwest Moderator

Vendor of Choice: World One Performance

fyi the Forge BOV is a direct bolt-on to the stock IC.

My pal Josh, "The WRX", has an RFL and I actually like it a lot. I was apprehensive with that little horn-deal to amplify the sound, but its a satifsying sound when under full-throttle.
    <--GRAVEYARD SHIFT-->

Honestly, does a open air BOV cause any problems?

i know the lack of air causes the car to run momentarly rich, but that is not a terrible thing, is it? it might cause you to get some flames if you are running open:-)

does the rich condition cause any problems?

luke

i have a RFL for sale 140 + shipping if you likes?? original box and everything, adapters and all included... i'm getting rid of it, that pssshh, sound is getting too much for me..

it causes catastrophic muffler bearing failure!!! beware!!!

no, not really, muffler bearings will remain intact for the life of the car

on a more serious note, if you see anything, it will be a very momentary rich condition between shifts. it's a non-issue with me now and i've never once felt a stumble or poor idle.

is your exhaust stock? if so you may have a harder time getting it to vent right. i've yet to find out why or how, but there's a definite correllation between reducing backpressure and how well a bov vents. don't as me how, i'm still about it.

by "running open" might you mean kitten-free? if so, you'll be totally fine that's how i'm running now.
    05 STi...not stock

SBW
    yes you do run rich between shifts, your car can stumble sometimes as well with a 100% atmosphere bov.

Some of the BOV divert the air back into the intake tract, some do a percent, some do none. I have a blitz, its 100% atmosphere, I feel it definitely affects the car some.

Im not sure if there's a way to tune out the stumble with my UTEC, I've heard that you could with the Apexi SAFC. God or someone else would prolly know more than me on this one.

I ran TXS stage 4 with the stock BOV for 6 months before switching to the forge 100% atm BOV for a bit of bling and the sound!

I have not noticed any problems at all once I got it set right. It meant using a stronger spring in my case (provided free by Forge Motorsport).

I will be catless in a couple of weeks - will see if I get any flames!!??

SBW
    why did you switch to a stronger spring though? and what problems did you notice before you set it?

because it was opening at about 4 psi!
    It is not a matter of tuning - it is entirely in the design of the BOV, the spring tension and the pre-loading of the spring.

The Forge has a short travel and a large diaphram area - very responsive.

SBW
    It is not a matter of tuning - it is entirely in the design of the BOV, the spring tension and the pre-loading of the spring.
    Do you mean, the stumbling on acceleration can be solved by the spring tension?

I am also interested in the setting of the BOV with regard to the spring as I am about to pick one of these up.

Aussie, could you go into a bit more detail about the setting? How difficult is it to change springs and what is the necessity of changing the spring. The one I am getting (used) is coming with 3 springs.

-joe
    '02 WRB Sedan

Removed silencer w/ Akimoto Velocity Stack, Blitz Dual TT, Autospeed Prototype Up-pipe w/ Flex-joint, Autospeed Crank Pulley, Autospeed OEM Dead Pedal, Samco IC Hoses, Axxis Pads, Goodridge Lines, Neo Synth Brake Fluid, Speedbleeders, Eibach Pro-Kit, Perrin Endlinks and Rear Sway, 17" Sub Zeros w/ 225/45 ES100s, Crucial Racing Thermostat and 1.4bar Radiator Cap, Autometer Sport-Comp Oil Pressure, EGT, and Voltmeter on the A-Pillar, STI Hoodscoop.

God
    I used the Blitz unit for 50,000 miles or so. No problem at all even at my extreme power levels. The exhaust would pop every once in a while, that's all. I was able to tune out the hesitation with a Unichip. It's not really a big deal. Go for it if you like the sound like me.
    Daniel Ponze, Lead Tuner Tuning Factory, Inc.
    PH: (248) 477-0700___FX: (248) 477-0701