"The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) - Page 92
+ Reply to Thread
Page 92 of 790 FirstFirst ... 42828384858687888990919293949596979899100101102142192592 ... LastLast
Results 1,366 to 1,380 of 11840

This is a discussion on "The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showth...light=bov+poll...

03 Cobra
    566whp/515wtq

Pics
    & Dyno
    Pics

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Bov

I was just curious if any of you with auto have a BOV. If you do, how does it sound in an auto? I've never heard one in an auto

Thanks guys
    '03 PSM WRX Stg 4 <---SOLD
    '04 G35 coupe<-----MY NEW CAR

I had the TurboXS BOV type H on mine awhile back. Sounded great, I did have some minor back fires (sounded cool though), but it ran good. You get the sound when you back off the gas.

I went back to stock as soon as I upgraded the intercooler.

joe

I have one (Forge 100% atmospheric) and the sound is the same but it happens much less often since the auto car doesn't close the throttle plate between shifts and your boost doesn't drop (well maybe a little) between shifts so no need to vent. As Big Joe said you can make it go off by hitting full boost and easing off the throttle but short of doing this intentionally it doesn't go off very often. I've also found that on stock boost control I don't hear it much at all but with my MBC connected I hear it more often because I go to full boost more often (at part throttle).

Dale

zipity here, zipity there, i'm zipity everywhere...
    i bought a used Forge off of ebay, and put it on today. so far, so good. car seem to run just as healthy, and the sound is neat. it's a very quick pssshhh, i thought and wanted it to be a little longer. it's not too loud, but you can definetely hear it. i recommend forge.

Ok seriously I dont normally just say noob do a search but 1bad03wrx has posted 7 times and 5 of his post are i want a blank which one is the best? And not one of them is a rare question. I could understand if you were looking for some personal experiance on a certain product that you could not find enough information on but all of your questions could easily be answered by a quick search if you do not find your answer then at least you will be more informed about the products you are looking in instead of asking "I want some 18 inch wheels, which are the best?"(<--a question in one of his other threads)
    Alex

dang dude!! alittle freakin harse ain't u!!! i just joined on here yesterday so i'am new at this, no dang reason to say i need to search instead of ask questions. i mean isn't a forum where people ask questions about things, and other people help them out, or talk talk about it?
    2003 Aspen White WRX

Mods: HKS turbo timer, HKS SS BOV, Progress springs, gauge pod & gauges, 17" Konig Holes "graphite"

I didnt bash you at all I was joking in my first post and in my last post I simply told you how you can use the forum to help you learn more about your car.

And yes this is a forum to ask questions and to talk about things but people get tired of answering the same questions day after day, in the case of this bov post I have seen at least 3 post just like this within the last week. And if you notice in your other post Im not the only person recommending a search.
    Last edited by afpdl; 03-31-2003 at 09:49 PM.
    Alex

sorry man, i just thought uwere being an ass, cause i was skin that question instead of searcing. i'am lookin around on it right now....lol
    2003 Aspen White WRX

Mods: HKS turbo timer, HKS SS BOV, Progress springs, gauge pod & gauges, 17" Konig Holes "graphite"

Originally posted by Big Joe
    I had the TurboXS BOV type H on mine awhile back. Sounded great, I did have some minor back fires (sounded cool though), but it ran good. You get the sound when you back off the gas.

I went back to stock as soon as I upgraded the intercooler.

joe
    BJ-

Why did you go back to stock after you upgraded the IC?

The TurboXS version 1 of their top mount intercooler is too big for an aftermarket BOV. It would bump against the hood. Oh well.

joe

where to buy a RXS RFL bov????

i ordered a HKS bov, but is it loud at all? i've heard some say it is, and some say it ain't. But is the TXS rfl alot louder? and if so, where can i buy it at??
    2003 Aspen White WRX

The RFL is ungodly loud...

sound clip http://lib1.store.vip.sc5.yahoo.com/lib/fastwrx/rfl.mp3

the soundclip won't work for me, but does it make a noise about all the time, and not just between gears? i heard a clip of one supposdly, and it sounded like that. would it be better than the HKS? of so, i will send it back, and where can i buy the TXS RFL from??? thanks
    2003 Aspen White WRX

the RFL is pretty damn loud... in the car just sounds like ppssshhh.. but i had a friend drive it.. and he was ripping my car up in the parking lot.. dude it's hella loud!!! i likes

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.