"The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) - Page 91
Page 91 of 788 FirstFirst ... 4181828384858687888990919293949596979899100101141191591 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,365 of 11815

This is a discussion on "The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally posted by ravenwrx the Greddy blow off valve is not suppose to be loud. Look at the design. You ...

Re: here is your answer

Originally posted by ravenwrx
    the Greddy blow off valve is not suppose to be loud. Look at the design. You should be using the top nipple only, the bottom one is for dual B.O.V. install.

HTH
    Well, not like super loud, but it should be a little audible. I hear next to nothing. Anyways, I'm gonna put it on another WRX to see if it's the same.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Re: Re: Re: Which BOV is "better"?

Originally posted by driverj
    Told you so....

2004 Black WRX Sedan

Mods = yes

Re: Gfb Bov

Originally posted by BoostedBoxer
    Anyone got the gfb BOV? what do you think--------- pros, con's? Hows it sound?
    I have not run any other BOV's, but I notice a definate difference in the reduction in lag between shifts. It is also controllable, in that you can drive it normally without the BOV letting out air. Only during WOT at 4-7K RPM's does it vent, and it is just loud enough to hear, but not caouse problems. IMHO, this is an excellent compromise for someone wanting the "sound" of a turbo (which I did) but did not want the bad effects of a too-rich situation.

Official ClubWRX arms dealer SOUTHPAW's Avatar

Thumbs up

Got it
    *1969 Camaro - Kickin' It Old School
    PICS & MODS

*2005 Corvette C6 - A few APS bolt-ons
    PICS & MODS <- Built by XX Tuning
    *2003 Subaru WRX - 332 AWHP - SOLD
    PICS & MODS <- Built by XX Tuning

I have the turboxs rfl and I have 0 problems. I like it. I know a dealer that sells txs rfl bov bolt on KITS for wrx for 169....

I love my blitz DD Something about that low rpm studder that gives me the chills...

FF
    04 WRB/GOLD WRX STI
    Blitz SUS intake
    Blitz DD BOV
    Blitz NUR Spec R Cat-back
    Blitz SBC ID @ 17.0 PSI
    Buschur Racing Down pipe
    Exedy Clutch

just got a forge two days ago and it sounds amazing, if you have ever watched wrc or even are remotley interested in rally then go with the forge.
    Just FYI - if you are hearing that "chirping" noise most recognizable from WRC that is compressor surge and that is *not good*.

Just installed a Forge BOV on my car - and I'm getting TONS of compressor stall. I think I need a lighter spring.
    Aloha, Richard...
    Retired Moderator
    TXS Stage 4 UTEC + TMIC + JoeP
    12.75 @ 105.67mph - 1.74 60'

Originally posted by is2scooby
    Just installed a Forge BOV on my car - and I'm getting TONS of compressor stall. I think I need a lighter spring.
    i was also in the beginning when i just put it in...after the spring got broken in the sound went away...give it a week...
    -Brian

Twisty Monster - 335 ft/lb of torque @ 3600 rpm on a stock turbo. Is that possible? Yes it is.

That's why I got the StealthFX, might not be the best sound, but with total adjustment between 100% atmosphere. And the spring load can be adjusted and there are 12 full turn in between, so you put it right where you want it, so you wont have stumble and compressor surge. IMO sound is not gonna be a deciding factor. But I am ordering that experimental trumpet and will record a movie clip when I get it.
    --Little John--

Straights are for fast cars...
    Turns are for fast drivers...
    --Colin McRae

"Power is nothing without control"

http://static.howstuffworks.com/gif/engine-flat-4.gif

"Are you OK to drink?"

Originally posted by WRC_Obsessed
    i was also in the beginning when i just put it in...after the spring got broken in the sound went away...give it a week...
    Thanks... I did take the valve off and lube the piston and depress it 100's of times (brass punch and lintless rag) and the valve seems to blow off a little sooner - but I'm still getting some pretty bad surging.
    Aloha, Richard...
    Retired Moderator
    TXS Stage 4 UTEC + TMIC + JoeP
    12.75 @ 105.67mph - 1.74 60'

bov flange?

does any1 know if the flange adaptor for the turbo xs bov type h also fits the hks bov?

hks bov help

how the hell do you get the ring or clip to go inside of the adapter with the bov. the pos wont go in.

What BOV to get ????

i want a BOV that is loud, but yet is very reliable and has no problems, i've heard that the GFB is good, but is it loud???? what do u think would be best for me?
    2003 Aspen White WRX

Mods: HKS turbo timer, HKS SS BOV, Progress springs, gauge pod & gauges, 17" Konig Holes "graphite"

Just get a bull horn and blow it out the window whenever you want some noise
    Alex

I think the stock one is really reliable and has no problems and works better than some aftermarket ones. Granted it's not loud but so what, and also, search!

There is even a sticky at the top of this forum with information you need. Look around please.