"The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) - Page 90
+ Reply to Thread
Page 90 of 790 FirstFirst ... 408081828384858687888990919293949596979899100140190590 ... LastLast
Results 1,336 to 1,350 of 11840

This is a discussion on "The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally posted by SOUTHPAW TurboXS looks AWSOME & I heard it's very loud. Forge bov is very reliable, but how ...

Re: Which BOV is "better"?

Originally posted by SOUTHPAW
    TurboXS looks AWSOME & I heard it's very loud. Forge bov is very reliable, but how much does the Forge cost and where can I get it? Please help, I need a BOV asap.

Dude, I hate to be a jerk, but ALL of those questions were answered SEVERAL times in the other BOV thread that has been going on. I posted a link to a vendor that sells the Forge BOV. Again, sorry to be a jerk, but USE YOUR HEAD.
    2004 Black WRX Sedan

Mods = yes

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

SOUTHPAW, you can get the Forge from http://www.rallyperformance.com/scooby.shtml for $190

or,

http://www.forgemotorsport.com/subar...duct=FMDVSUB01 has it for $150, however shipping can be expensive as it is from the UK
    THE INTERNET: Where men are men, women are men, and the children are FBI agents.

I'm wondering why anyone could need a BOV "asap. ".

X

Actually, it's supposed to be loud and not exhibit this behavior. I'm gonna ask someone local to do a quick swap just to test if it works. If it's still weird, I'll probably return the unit. If it works, then I know something is up with my car. Thanks for your concern though, hehe.

GFB Rocks!

I have had the GFB on my REX for over 15K miles and no problems whatsoever, just smoother shifting, cool sounds, and less jerking.

Originally posted by Hybrid-X
    Actually, it's supposed to be loud and not exhibit this behavior. I'm gonna ask someone local to do a quick swap just to test if it works. If it's still weird, I'll probably return the unit. If it works, then I know something is up with my car. Thanks for your concern though, hehe.
    Dude...we're so on the same wave length. The swap was my next suggestion
    Fahd

Floats like a butterfly and stings like when I pee!

Originally posted by WRXin'
    Dude...we're so on the same wave length. The swap was my next suggestion
    Haha, nice. Great minds think alike. LOL

Re: Re: Which BOV is "better"?

Originally posted by ryland
    Dude, I hate to be a jerk, but ALL of those questions were answered SEVERAL times in the other BOV thread that has been going on. I posted a link to a vendor that sells the Forge BOV. Again, sorry to be a jerk, but USE YOUR HEAD.
    Told you so....

Go HKS.

GFB.. GO FAST BITS
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails im000180.jpg  
    Aspen White 2003 WRX
    COBB STG 2
    SQC #076

I agree with Nato.
    I love my GFB .. Im running it @ 100%. Never had a Problem!
    Best Sound IMO
    Aspen White 2003 WRX
    COBB STG 2
    SQC #076

I love my GFB also. I'm running 50/50 and it's there when I want to hear it, and unnoticable when I don't.
    Matt
    WRX-less, now RSX-y!!!

here is your answer

the Greddy blow off valve is not suppose to be loud. Look at the design. You should be using the top nipple only, the bottom one is for dual B.O.V. install.

HTH

Originally posted by killaho
    Go HKS.
    and for those days you DON'T want the eagle on crack sound, just take out the insert. it gets soooooooo quiet. i think i'm going to sell off the forge. i really didn't like it all that much in comparison to my hks.
    05 STi...not stock

I have only had one b.o.v in my life and thats a turbox type h rfl. I dont know about others but i love this one.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.