"The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) - Page 87
+ Reply to Thread
Page 87 of 789 FirstFirst ... 37777879808182838485868788899091929394959697137187587 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,305 of 11832

This is a discussion on "The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; if it is the lube from the BOV it is normal. My forge 100% was well lubed and it 'spat' ...

if it is the lube from the BOV it is normal. My forge 100% was well lubed and it 'spat' a little grease out for awhile.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

ahh ok. That is what this looks like. I am gonna clean it up today and see if it is getting better.

thanks for your help
    2004 STi

Blitz DTT-DCII
    COBB Stage 2
    Invidia Catless DP
    HKS Hiper Cat-back
    Greddy: EGT, Boost, Oil Press Gauges
    Perrin Oil Catch Can

BOV install

I saw a nice picture intensive one on one of these sight but now I can't find it. Can somone help?

I Support ClubWRX
    Here's a link that also shows how to install Samco Intercooler hoses, as well as a GFB BOV.

http://www.scoobymods.com/forums/sho...&highlight=BOV

sweet you da man, now what is the advantage of installing the hoses? i just spent the last hour looking for that thread again

I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by 0260B4U
    sweet you da man, now what is the advantage of installing the hoses? i just spent the last hour looking for that thread again
    For one thing, the stock hoses, over time, will crack because of the high heat in the engine compartment. The Samco's won't crack. The Samco's also have a larger inner diameter, to flow more air. They are also made out of silicone, which is very smooth, and allows the air to glide through easier. And they also look good.

If you follow that thread above, you will see the stock black Y shaped hose that connects on the back of the intercooler. It is has a super small inner diameter. Now check out the blue Samco hose. See how much larger it looks. If you did a comparison and held each one up, you would really see the difference.

And the Samco's are supposedly good for a 8hp increase.

whp?
    wish i had ordered them to go with it.
    Any site come to mind? Once you take it of once the 2nd time should be even easier.

i heard that one hose is a ***** to get back on. Wonder if the silicons would make it easier

Edit:never mind found a thread

but is that WHP or crank
    Last edited by 0260B4U; 03-16-2003 at 06:23 PM.

what kinda turbo do you have, cuz i've got the same bov, when the engines still a little cold, the thing is even louder, i made this woman jump i felt kinda bad cuz she grilled me hardcore afterwards lol oh well

: : J-Lovin Moderator: : PhreeZe's Avatar
    Originally posted by pondo
    how many washers did you put ontop of the spring?

cheers!
    I am using the same amount of washers as it came from the factory of TurboXS. Also, I am running the stock turbo at 15.5PSI.

Jason
    "It's not how you stand by your car, it's how you race your car. You better learn that." - Ja Rule

Jason - Jasle@Centurytel.net
    Exterior & Appearance/Northwest Moderator

Vendor of Choice: World One Performance

Post For those who have hks ssq bov...

Can someone who has the hks bov tell me exactly step by step what they did when installing it. I have my own but im not sure if i have it set up right. They give you an extra long tube plus alot of zip ties. Thanks!!!!!
    ~Mark

Mods

Question Gfb Bov

Anyone got the gfb BOV? what do you think--------- pros, con's? Hows it sound?
    My Car is 100% STOCK!
    Pics

Originally posted by platano
    At 14???
    shoot , I'd hit it at current age, on roof of the car, with cousin driving , neighbor and town priest in the back seat, and that kid from "N.Korea" riding shotgun.

Pros: Sounds awesome has two modes 50/50, 100%
    Cons: hmmm.... some people have had problems running it at 100%
    Thats about it, I have not run it at 100% yet so I don't know if it will affect my car yet or not, I am gonna wait until I can tweak my air fuel mixture so I will not have any problems.
    My woman hates the money pit
    2002 WRX Hybrid 2.5L 16G

I Support ClubWRX

Re: Gfb Bov

Originally posted by BoostedBoxer
    Anyone got the gfb BOV? what do you think--------- pros, con's? Hows it sound?
    I also had a GFB BOV and got rid of it. These BOV's are known to have idle problems. The piston in the main body of the BOV sticks open at idle causing the car to get a very low idle tone and feel like its almost about to die. You can remedy this by taking the BOV apart, and lubricating the piston with Slick 50 or Duralube, so it stops it from sticking.

I am running mine in hybrid mode and have not had any problems. Its makes a pretty cool sound, just a PSSSHT!!! It doesn't vent during normal driving from what I can tell. I posted some info in this thread:
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showth...0&pagenumber=2

Including a scan of the info page that came with the GFB. I believe they have updated the valve since the early models. I had heard of people having some issues early on, but not with any of the brand new ones... so far so good with mine... love it.
    2003 WRX Sedan
    2004 Nissan Xterra SE 4x4

very nice a crisp sound...
    if u set it at 50/50 u can kind of anticipate the sound if u go over 4000rpms.... i also heard running at 100% will cause some problems, such as your car running to lean, etc.
    but this is the case in running any BOV 100%

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.