"The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) - Page 83
+ Reply to Thread
Page 83 of 790 FirstFirst ... 33737475767778798081828384858687888990919293133183583 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,245 of 11840

This is a discussion on "The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; My HKS sounds louder and longer at mid RPMs than at high RPMs. I'm pretty sure it's normal....

My HKS sounds louder and longer at mid RPMs than at high RPMs. I'm pretty sure it's normal.
    Fahd

Floats like a butterfly and stings like when I pee!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Can anyone scan and email the instructions on installing this BOV. I bought it used on Ebay, but the instructions weren't included. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks,

joeyvaz@earthlink.net

Originally posted by joeyvaz
    Can anyone scan and email the instructions on installing this BOV. I bought it used on Ebay, but the instructions weren't included. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks,

joeyvaz@earthlink.net
    Here you go:

http://www.scoobymods.com/forums/sho...?threadid=1410

I also emailed them to you.

: : J-Lovin Moderator: : PhreeZe's Avatar
    God I love Bov's. I want the HKS too. So I can switch my RFL and HKS weekly BTW, my car does the same. No worries man Just your bov souding different from different pressures.

Jason
    "It's not how you stand by your car, it's how you race your car. You better learn that." - Ja Rule

Jason - Jasle@Centurytel.net
    Exterior & Appearance/Northwest Moderator

Vendor of Choice: World One Performance

Hey, with your GFB venting a 100% to the atmo do you hear noise coming from the right side of the car under slight boost when you shift around 2.5k-3k rpms?
    2003 WRX 5spd Sedan
    ~Stage 4+ 20g~

Originally posted by PhreeZe
    God I love Bov's. I want the HKS too. So I can switch my RFL and HKS weekly BTW, my car does the same. No worries man Just your bov souding different from different pressures.

Jason
    Have you heard the HKS, Jason? If you want I can post a short vid clip of my car and you can hear it...let me know
    Fahd

yeah, that's the wastegate fluttering.
    autobahn storming scooby

: : J-Lovin Moderator: : PhreeZe's Avatar
    Originally posted by WRXin'
    Have you heard the HKS, Jason? If you want I can post a short vid clip of my car and you can hear it...let me know
    I believe I have all 4 vids of your car

Jason

P.S. Unless there is a new one let me know. I want it
    "It's not how you stand by your car, it's how you race your car. You better learn that." - Ja Rule

Jason - Jasle@Centurytel.net
    Exterior & Appearance/Northwest Moderator

Vendor of Choice: World One Performance

Originally posted by PhreeZe
    I believe I have all 4 vids of your car

Jason

P.S. Unless there is a new one let me know. I want it
    HAHA...I've posted those same vids on so many threads...I was assuming you've already seen them, but thought I'd ask anyways I don't have any new ones. They're the same ones
    Fahd

sard blow -off valve

just got this installed on the WRX its an awsome kit bolts in back of intercoller
    here is a pic of it installed
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails sard.jpg  

TurboXS RFL BOV

wondering if you guys can give me some insight on this. i installed it last night, first time i've heard it, sounds great! well sounds great when i shift in the higher RPM's like 6000... but when i shift lower.. 3000- and gives this whistling sound at the end of every PSSSHHH... does anyone know what that is? and what to do to get rid of it? is it leaking?

Interesting. What takes up the space on the front of the intercooler where the OEM bypass valve was? Do you just leave it hooked up and disconnect the vacuum signal line?

How does the SARD sound?
    Aloha, Richard...
    Retired Moderator
    TXS Stage 4 UTEC + TMIC + JoeP
    12.75 @ 105.67mph - 1.74 60'

I am very interested in the setup as well. Please elaborate.

-joe
    '02 WRB Sedan

Removed silencer w/ Akimoto Velocity Stack, Blitz Dual TT, Autospeed Prototype Up-pipe w/ Flex-joint, Autospeed Crank Pulley, Autospeed OEM Dead Pedal, Samco IC Hoses, Axxis Pads, Goodridge Lines, Neo Synth Brake Fluid, Speedbleeders, Eibach Pro-Kit, Perrin Endlinks and Rear Sway, 17" Sub Zeros w/ 225/45 ES100s, Crucial Racing Thermostat and 1.4bar Radiator Cap, Autometer Sport-Comp Oil Pressure, EGT, and Voltmeter on the A-Pillar, STI Hoodscoop.

the kit comes with a cover plate for the stock blow off valve flange it uses the same vacume line as the stock did and it has a plug for the dump tube it has a clasic whoosh sound with a whistle after

im thinking of getting thta too. Copy! J/K... anyways... have you had any experiences with other bov's... can you compare the sard to others, in terms of sounds, how loud it is... and boost hold...
    Battle! How fast are you really???

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.