"The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) - Page 82
+ Reply to Thread
Page 82 of 790 FirstFirst ... 32727374757677787980818283848586878889909192132182582 ... LastLast
Results 1,216 to 1,230 of 11840

This is a discussion on "The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; nothing wrong with your wrx. my 02 does not make any bov noises either. perhaps you would enjoy an hks ...

nothing wrong with your wrx. my 02 does not make any bov noises either. perhaps you would enjoy an hks ssqv. they are real loud. as for ride height my wrx is notably more tipsy thru the corners than my supra just a different kind of car. at least the rex doesn't scrape on driveways.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Yeah, it's normal. Get an HKS SSQV. You'll love it
    Fahd

Floats like a butterfly and stings like when I pee!

One of the reasons you don't hear a BOV is because you don't have one on the WRX. Technically, it's a diverter.

X

Official ClubWRX arms dealer SOUTHPAW's Avatar

Question

If I do get an aftermarket RFL BOV, do I still need to remove the stock silencer?
    *1969 Camaro - Kickin' It Old School
    PICS & MODS

*2005 Corvette C6 - A few APS bolt-ons
    PICS & MODS <- Built by XX Tuning
    *2003 Subaru WRX - 332 AWHP - SOLD
    PICS & MODS <- Built by XX Tuning

You won't be able to hear pressure relief from inside the cabin but it's still audible outside if you listen for it. Aftermarket BOVs cause a rich condition on idle because MAF accounts for returned air that isn't there. Nonetheless if you go with aftermarket BOV you won't need to remove the silencer to hear it.
    -BP
    RallyCross: "Eating dirt is a basic motor skill."

Originally posted by drover
    Aftermarket BOVs cause a rich condition on idle because MAF accounts for returned air that isn't there.
    Actually, the car runs rich in that split second the the boost is released into the atmosphere and not while in idle. When the car is in idle, the BOV is closed and nothing is being vented.
    Fahd

Floats like a butterfly and stings like when I pee!

Is anyone here running the AEM short Ram with a GFB hybrid BOV?

I am having issues with this setup... I am wondering if anyone else is running this same setup with success??

thanks.

question for You Txs Bov RFL owners...

i just installed mine....i get the usual rich between shifts condition which is defined by the occasional backfire between shifts.

however...my bov makes a very odd noise at upper boost. i run stock boost and when i try to blow off ( by that i mean...go wot and get around 13psi and completely release my throttle. ) i dont get the usual PSHHHHH that my rfl makes at lower boost. Instead...i get a quick/sharp Sqeak, which is much much quieter than a lower boost bov noise. and even sometimes...i dont get a noise at ALL. this worries me alot...because i thought with more boost pressure the Louder your bov is supposed to be?
    My02 WRB WRX
    Go Hokies!

APS Dual Vent BOV

Does anyone have the adjustment instructions for the APS dual vent BOV?

Thanks,
    X

lambosv21

Bastard!

I clicked on the link, almost posted that it didn't work, and then read your entire post.

You really got me on that one. Thanks for the bump.

X

Originally posted by MisterX
    I clicked on the link, almost posted that it didn't work, and then read your entire post.
    HAHAHA, I did the same thing.
    THE INTERNET: Where men are men, women are men, and the children are FBI agents.

I had one of these before, maybe I can help you out. What is it that you are trying to do? From what I remember the middle screw is what controled where the air went. The further out you unscrwed it the more it would vent to atmosphere. But the max it would do is 50%. It never really made a loud enough sound even when I unscrwed it as far as it would go, so I didn't keep it. Its a great bov, just not as loud as I would have liked.

My Mods

"The most important mod is the one behind the steering wheel" - Koyokid RIP

Kanos! Thank you. Thank you very much!

X

Registered User Oo DaRk StAr oO's Avatar
    I get the same sound on my HRFL. Another thing I get it if I shift quickly is a PSSH SSSHHHT sound.
    BRS Autodesign | Sportmax Racing | Falken Tyres | Seibon | C2 Power
    http://www.socalspyders.com/gallery/files/1/sig.jpg
    2001 Toyota MR2-S | So Cal Spyders | Car Domain Site

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.