"The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) - Page 788
+ Reply to Thread
Page 788 of 790 FirstFirst ... 288688738778779780781782783784785786787788789790 LastLast
Results 11,806 to 11,820 of 11840

This is a discussion on "The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; 11915 posts too......

I Support ClubWRX
    11915 posts too...
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    11915 posts too...
    Kevin
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ

If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

I Support ClubWRX
    I like blow off valves.

So after a couple hundred pages of reading I just decided to ask instead of reading all 788 pages. Sorry if this question has already been answered. I was talking to one of Cobbs tuners (this is were I will be getting my car tuned) and explaining what I was planning (stage 2) and he told me I would NEED to get a BOV to control boost creep. This is directly contrary to most of what I have read on the forums but everyone (using the term loosely) says to consult your tuner and do what they say, within reason. Which should I do in this case?

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean Ambrose View Post
    Which should I do in this case?
    Ask for a detailed explanation that would let you know how a BOV is going to control boost creep.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I Support ClubWRX
    I dont exactly know how to combat boost creep but Im guessing they mean that you may need to replace the OEM Blow off Valve/Bypass valve/recirculating valve with a new one (not necessarily one that vents to atmosphere). Are you planning to go catted or catless. This thread is mostly to tell people dont get a BOV that vents to atmosphere just for the sound it could potentially ruin your car.
    2012 WRB 4DR | SPT Exhaust | Short Throw | Rally Armour | WC Lathe Werks Custom TI Knob | Kartboy Bushings | Stoptech Brake Lines | JBK Elements DRL | STI HID Retrofit | XB LED Angel Eyes | GrimmSpeed Lightweight Crank Pulley

CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean Ambrose View Post
    So after a couple hundred pages of reading I just decided to ask instead of reading all 788 pages. Sorry if this question has already been answered. I was talking to one of Cobbs tuners (this is were I will be getting my car tuned) and explaining what I was planning (stage 2) and he told me I would NEED to get a BOV to control boost creep. This is directly contrary to most of what I have read on the forums but everyone (using the term loosely) says to consult your tuner and do what they say, within reason. Which should I do in this case?
    I havent heard too great of things about Cobb's tunng staff. not the guys that develop their OTS maps but the guys that do their dyno tuning. That being said, what year is your WRX? I'm no tuner but just from my understanding of the engines I'm not sure I'm really wrapping my head around how a better BOV will help prevent boost creep.........
    2011 WRB WRX Sedan - Q300, Invidia Catted Downpipe, Cobb RAM Intake w/Box, Tuned buy Turn in Concepts
    Stink-Eye Mob #696
    Build Thread
    Facebook
    @billym14

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    BOV has literally nothing to do with boost creep. That is a mechanical wastegate issue.

Are you sure he didn't say EWG?
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

I have a 2011 STI. I'm going to be running a catted DP. I will be back at Cobb on Friday to get some base dyno runs in before I start modding, so I will ask for a detailed explanation as to why they said I will need one and make sure I didn't misunderstand them the first time.

I Support ClubWRX
    maybe he said "boost leak" and not boost creep
    Kevin
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ

First post, first suberu. I got 2010 suberu wrx sti 2.5 turbo hatchback. I've had it for 3 months and loving it although was told all standard when purchased I have noticed that the exhaust system is upgraded and also sounds like a blow off valve installed however looks like the stock bpv (possibly modified?) Can someone please tell me of this is the case from the pictures attached and how to go about getting it back to a stock recirculating valve. Cheers bit of a scoobie noob here.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20141004_141549_1412428989029.jpg   20141004_141545_1412429037936.jpg   20141004_141540_1412428970539.jpg  

Okay wuz from scoobie world sorted me out. Cosworth induction kit allowing me to hear the normal recirculating dump sound ignore last post

That was going to be my suggestion...cause its certainly a stock BPV. So you'd either have a hell of a leak coming from it, or you had an aftermarket intake
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

Ur right
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20141004_141557_1412630644878.jpg  

I Support ClubWRX
    WAAAAAPSHHHHH
    2011 WRB WRX Sedan - Q300, Invidia Catted Downpipe, Cobb RAM Intake w/Box, Tuned buy Turn in Concepts
    Stink-Eye Mob #696
    Build Thread
    Facebook
    @billym14

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.