"The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) - Page 784
Page 784 of 788 FirstFirst ... 284684734774775776777778779780781782783784785786787788 LastLast
Results 11,746 to 11,760 of 11808

This is a discussion on "The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Fair enough. I know that some people have patched mismatched injectors with MAFv adjustments, which will change all other IPW ...

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Fair enough. I know that some people have patched mismatched injectors with MAFv adjustments, which will change all other IPW compensations.

However, changing JUST the intake maybe not so much a challenge.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    If the tune is verified BEFORE intake install, and the intake is a known good brand, and then the MAF v is adjusted after... Then, I'd agree with you. Just not the way most people work unfortunately.
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

BOV tuning on stock car?

My car only has the invidia N1 Catback exhaust, it has no tune. Can I add a bov and keep it tuneless still?

yes

but the stock bov is perfectly fine and doesnt need changing out, a good use of your money would be handling/braking upgrades such as sway bars, endlinks, SS lines, brake pads.

if you really want the pshh sound save up for an intake, downpipe and a good tune.

you want to look for a full recirc valve if you do want to change it out to get a little more pshh. stay away from Vent to atmosphere. ive ran the turbo xs 50/50 b.o.v. before with no problems but they are prone to leaking air which would be considered a boost leak.

Orrrrr why don't you try Fat Burger from now on? You can get yourself a cheese and fries for 2.95, ******

but i assume you like the tuna here.
    Marky Mark
    2002 Stage 2.3 PSM Bugeye tuned by Matty at WTFtuning
    Bugeye Mafia #397, High Mileage Club, WTF Tuning Intern
    My bugeye build
    MinoskePhotography
    First Mods and other useful info!
    GM EBCS/ Hallman MBC Hybrid boost setup diagram

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Dwata808 View Post
    My car only has the invidia N1 Catback exhaust, it has no tune. Can I add a bov and keep it tuneless still?
    You can. I'd rather see you do a short ram intake though. It'll give you the sound of the blow off valve, the sound of the spool up, and a little more power. A blow off valve will just give you the pshhh and it might make you run poorly. Look at my BOV faq to get you some basic info on BOVs.
    Kevin
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ

If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Dwata808 View Post
    You can. I'd rather see you do a short ram intake though. It'll give you the sound of the blow off valve, the sound of the spool up, and a little more power. A blow off valve will just give you the pshhh and it might make you run poorly. Look at my BOV faq to get you some basic info on BOVs.

Blowoff Valve (BOV) FAQ
    Kevin
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ

Running the old Greddy Type-S recirc on a Cobb intake......no need to go 50/50.....plenty of noise....giggling chipmunk under low boost and fully loud PSSSHHHHTT at 16 psi. $30 adapter and pulling **** off the old parts shelf worked perfectly.

Holds boost much better with quicker response over the stocker. I would definitely upgrade stock valves as a primary upgrade.
    Last edited by CoolGuyRx2; 03-16-2014 at 01:38 PM.

So by "stock" that means no motor or turbo work has been done. Intake headers and the like don't apply?

Quote Originally Posted by Sal.LV93 View Post
    So by "stock" that means no motor or turbo work has been done. Intake headers and the like don't apply?
    Stock means how it comes directly from the factory.
    A car is only as good as its driver

No stock means stock. A stock car is not molded where a stock engine means just the engine isn't tampered with yet but can have headers

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Question, I have a FMIC with a blow off valve and I want to put a plumb back on (emission laws here mean I need one and I bought the car with the existing one) How do I install the plumb back one? I understand one end plugs into the existing hose where the BOV is but where does the other end go? (its a 99 WRX wagon)

Sorry, Pictures would be helpful as I am male

Question, I have a FMIC with a blow off valve and I want to put a plumb back on (emission laws here mean I need one and I bought the car with the existing one) How do I install the plumb back one? I understand one end plugs into the existing hose where the BOV is but where does the other end go? (its a 99 WRX wagon)

Sorry, Pictures would be helpful as I am male

blow off valve questions!

So I've been looking for a blow off valve for my 2014 wrx. I see a bunch of them around but I don't know if they are make and model specific. Or can I just use any one in particular seeing as how it's just a bolt on part? I'm still new to all this car stuff so I'm just wanting to make sure I don't get anything that's going to hurt my car instead of help.

I Support ClubWRX
    Please dont get it no need for a BOV if you want the noise just buy a different intake and get a tune for your car.

"The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged)
    2012 WRB 4DR | SPT Exhaust | Short Throw | Rally Armour | WC Lathe Werks Custom TI Knob | Kartboy Bushings | Stoptech Brake Lines | JBK Elements DRL | STI HID Retrofit | XB LED Angel Eyes | GrimmSpeed Lightweight Crank Pulley

CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX