"The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) - Page 776

This is a discussion on "The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I was totally kidding.... It was a joke. Obviously, I hoped... Hi Donkey, long time no see!...

I was totally kidding....
    It was a joke. Obviously, I hoped...

Hi Donkey, long time no see!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Can I nuke this thread yet?
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    IBTNuke
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens don’t wear hats" -Ying

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Impreza2.0 View Post
    I was totally kidding....
    It was a joke. Obviously, I hoped...

Hi Donkey, long time no see!
    Oh HAI!

I have suggested numerous times................
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

I Support ClubWRX
    So..... In the next 3 or 4 months I will be goin stage 3 from TP. His stage 3 only boosts up to around 20psi+ but I will run the oem bpv until it starts leaking. At that point i want to upgrade the oem one to a aftermarket bpv. Im not interested in a bov. What bpv would be a full recirculating one I should use for my 2012 Wrx. I do have a PW tmic.

zax
    Quote Originally Posted by WrxPower View Post
    So..... In the next 3 or 4 months I will be goin stage 3 from TP. His stage 3 only boosts up to around 20psi+ but I will run the oem bpv until it starts leaking. At that point i want to upgrade the oem one to a aftermarket bpv. Im not interested in a bov. What bpv would be a full recirculating one I should use for my 2012 Wrx. I do have a PW tmic.
    Many 2008+ WRX owners have had good results with Forge 100% Recirc BPVs.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

I Support ClubWRX
    Many 2008+ WRX owners have had good results with Forge 100% Recirc BPVs.
    Thanks for the info. I actually have been trying to find a vendor for the forge but I have been unsuccessful so far.

Quote Originally Posted by 99pgpgt View Post
    Please share..

Not being sarcastic, I'd really like to know why.
    The first thing my tuner did was show me how my txs hybrid valve leaks...couldn't even hold 5psi
    <-------- Taylor Swift.
    2006 WRX 330whp. 300wtq. Slow.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #137
    First Mods...what to do.
    Subaru Guide

ok guys i hate to add to this thread because im sure im about to get ate the f*$( up "but hey jack" thats what its here for right? (Si Robertson voice) after reading for hours even days on this topic i still have no idea what is going on. i understand that the stock recirculates air from the valve back into the air intake and somehow effects the MAF reading and all that.... so my question is i recently bought a 2013 WRX here in wonderful California (San Diego/Camp Pendleton area) and when i drove the WRX i could not hear the stock turbo spool or the "BOV" which i have learned through research its not a "BOV". i just want to be able to hear sound of air release when i let off the throttle. i dont really care if it recirculates or whatever i just wanna hear that bad boy. i recently (2 weeks ago and they still havent made it yet) ordered a Nameless muffler delete exhaust for my 5 door WRX. so any advise or spam would help just try not to chew me up to bad if you dont mind. thanks, btw this is one that caught my eye. also on a side note i dont want to loose any performance for a sound.

Synapse Engineering Synchronic Diverter Valve for 2008-2011 WRX - Nameless Performance

-thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by 2013WRX_USMC View Post
    ok guys i hate to add to this thread because im sure im about to get ate the f*$( up "but hey jack" thats what its here for right? (Si Robertson voice) after reading for hours even days on this topic i still have no idea what is going on. i understand that the stock recirculates air from the valve back into the air intake and somehow effects the MAF reading and all that.... so my question is i recently bought a 2013 WRX here in wonderful California (San Diego/Camp Pendleton area) and when i drove the WRX i could not hear the stock turbo spool or the "BOV" which i have learned through research its not a "BOV". i just want to be able to hear sound of air release when i let off the throttle. i dont really care if it recirculates or whatever i just wanna hear that bad boy. i recently (2 weeks ago and they still havent made it yet) ordered a Nameless muffler delete exhaust for my 5 door WRX. so any advise or spam would help just try not to chew me up to bad if you dont mind. thanks, btw this is one that caught my eye. also on a side note i dont want to loose any performance for a sound.

Synapse Engineering Synchronic Diverter Valve for 2008-2011 WRX - Nameless Performance

-thanks again.
    Its simple... Your ECU is expecting the air from the BPV. If that expected air is vented to the atmosphere, your engine will briefly have more fuel than needed causing it to burn rich for a moment. If you're okay with running rich at every lift of the throttle for a useless "pssssst" sound.. Go for it!

I think he wants to hear anything. On the note just get an intake, you will hear the stock BPV which isn't a bad sound at all. Be sure to get a tune after the intake installation though. We appreciate you searching first before asking a question.
    A car is only as good as its driver

Turbo XS bypass and blow off valves are quickly machined, but from good material. Take it to a shop and have them re-face the mounting plate, and get a true 'Subaru' branded gasket, and a pair of clean new bolts and washers of the correct size.
    That will make the leak vanish forever. I did that and continued to feel it was useless as it is permanently 50/50 vta. I use a Greddy RZ w RS hotppipe. Yes, you can hear it. ugh.
    I could care less, it is the only metallic diaphragm in the aftermarket other than Forge, and is about as finicky.
    Bolt it on and go. It is absolutely identical in behaviour to the stock unit, except that it can be adjusted for higher boost targets. That is the ONLY reason I have it. Otherwise I would have a stock BPV for sure.

As for our brother in the Corps, forget the blow off sound. forget it.
    just forget it.

You can have that sound for around $2000 and have it DO something.
    You can have that sound for around $35 and have it slowly degrade surrounding components, and eventually cause you to have extremely expensive and time consuming repairs.

There is no atmospheric valve in existence that will allow you to have a flawless fuel curve between shifts.
    None. Forget it. It will hurt your car and your driving experience more than help.

Nearly all of us have tried it for the laughs, it will make your Rex drive like poo. Trust.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 2013WRX_USMC View Post

-thanks again.
    Hey there DD,

If you get an aftermarket intake you can hear the stock BOV / RBV. Just make sure you get a high quality one. The Cobb SF with box is a popular choice right now.

S/F
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

Quote Originally Posted by Impreza2.0 View Post
    You can have that sound for around $2000 and have it DO something.

Do what exactly? I've put more than six times that much money into my engine/turbo setup, and there is NO advantage to me to run an atmospheric BOV. I could run one if I wanted now since my car no longer uses a MAF sensor.. but why would I?

BOV on 2013. Any Danger???

Is it dangerous to run BOV open to atmosphere on 2013 WRX and any suggestions on which to get. I want it to be pretty loud if its safe to run.