"The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) - Page 76
+ Reply to Thread
Page 76 of 790 FirstFirst ... 26666768697071727374757677787980818283848586126176576 ... LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,140 of 11840

This is a discussion on "The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; i just installed the gfb bov at 100%, runs perfect no idle problem no sign of riches, maybe their was ...

i just installed the gfb bov at 100%, runs perfect no idle problem no sign of riches, maybe their was a ecu fix for the 03's, cause i know the 02s had problems with 100% atmo....
    2003 WRX 5spd Sedan
    ~Stage 4+ 20g~

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I also have a GFB 100% Vent. No Problems either.. 03 WRX !
    Aspen White 2003 WRX
    COBB STG 2
    SQC #076

there are a couple of really good thread in the Engine Performance forum on BOVs...here are a few...

PhreeZe's TurboXS RFL BOV (video inside!)

Has there been a conclusion made about 100% atmosphere BOV's?!

TXS RFL or HKS BOV which is louder?

Forge 100% BOV

i'd say that the forge 100% atm and gfb 50/50 BOVs are two of the more popular BOVs on this site...
    -Brian

Twisty Monster - 335 ft/lb of torque @ 3600 rpm on a stock turbo. Is that possible? Yes it is.

Just installed GFB BOV & MBC

Just installed my GFB Bov at 100% yesterday and it works good and no rough idle or anything.

I have 1 question though, when i dont boost hard, only like .03 or .04mpa and i let up off the gas i hear a fluttering sound, is that my wastegate, and is it okay?

I also installed my MBC, and set it for just a hair past .1mpa in 3rd, 4th, 5th gears.. Guessin around 14.7psi. I also used the zip ties onto the tubes, those tubes are gonna shoot off the wastegate and the turbo from the pressure are they.. Are those zip ties good enough to hold them on.

My car is bascially stock except for these 2 mods i just did and the intake silencer is removed, do you think that is a good boost setting to be on?
    2003 WRX 5spd Sedan
    ~Stage 4+ 20g~

that fluttering noise is the blow off valve, mine does it too. It's fine.
    autobahn storming scooby

zipity here, zipity there, i'm zipity everywhere...
    obcessed, its been 5 days since your last post, how's it working out? and how does one go about "reflshing" the ecu?

i didn't use the zip ties...i went to the hardware store and got some of the screw type clamps instead...
    -Brian

Twisty Monster - 335 ft/lb of torque @ 3600 rpm on a stock turbo. Is that possible? Yes it is.

Hey, do you notice the sound coming from the right side of your car though... it does it all the time when i shift with low boost, kinda worries me...
    2003 WRX 5spd Sedan
    ~Stage 4+ 20g~

I put my gfb bov on yesterday set it for 100% no problems, no backfire, rough idol or anything.. Only thing i noticed was a fluttering when i let up off the gas after low boost, comes from the right side of the car.
    2003 WRX 5spd Sedan
    ~Stage 4+ 20g~

Originally posted by RexMobbin'
    obcessed, its been 5 days since your last post, how's it working out? and how does one go about "reflshing" the ecu?
    it still hasn't come yet ...

they lost the P.O. in the warehouse,....it should be here monday or tuesday though...i'll keep you informed...

as far as reflashing the ECU...it is ECUtek...you can get some info in the engine management forum on it...lots of stuff there..
    -Brian

Originally posted by 03WRX83
    Only thing i noticed was a fluttering when i let up off the gas after low boost, comes from the right side of the car.
    sounds like the wastegate...
    -Brian

Describe the sound a little better. If it's what I think it is, it is just when you don't build enough boost to overcome the BOV and it's the existing pressure exiting the stock air box. It's kinda like a turbo "fart" I can't really describe the sound, but it's a very fast on-off type pressure realease sound.

Later,
    Eric

yes, could be a fart
    2003 WRX 5spd Sedan
    ~Stage 4+ 20g~

like i said in my posts on the linked thread, I have the forge and i am completely happy with it. It is loud enough to be heard, but not too loud. The car runs EXACTLY like it did stock, if not a teeny bit better inbetween shifts.

I had the turboXS- RFL before. It ran terribly, Stumbled at idle, ran rich, and hesitated while running. It was WAY Loud!

you will be happy with the forge 100 percent. IT has a dual valve system. it makes it work very well.
    "Long separated by cruel fate, the star-crossed lovers raced across the grassy field toward each other like two freight trains, one having left York at 6:36 p.m. travelling at 55mph, the other from Peterborough at 4:19 p.m.at a speed of 35mph."

zipity here, zipity there, i'm zipity everywhere...
    these "pro-forge" posts are very encouraging. i think im gonna get one very soon, as soon as i get this suspension thing under wraps. thanks to all who have posted

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.