"The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) - Page 751
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on "The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Oh and does the Forge BPV really sound like this? ‪Mazdaspeed3 Forge BPV Sound‬‏ - YouTube...

Oh and does the Forge BPV really sound like this? ‪Mazdaspeed3 Forge BPV Sound‬‏ - YouTube

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I haven't noticed that sound on my forged yet.

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by stanley92 View Post
    A 100% recirc as loud as the TurboSmart VTA BOV? Wow that sounds too good to be true but I am willing to give that one a try. Where did you order yours from? Oh and what are your mods?
    Oh and does the Forge BPV really sound like this? ‪Mazdaspeed3 Forge BPV Sound‬‏ - YouTube

I believe I bought it from Import Image Racing.. and no, it sounds nothing like that. My car doesn't really build boost unless I'm actually driving somewhere, revving in the parking lot doesn't cut it. The sound is much louder when you're at 24psi than 10psi. Volume is totally boost pressure dependent.

My mods can be found in my COTM show off thread. http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/member...ry-2011-a.html

My forge sounds nothing like that.
    Contributing unsolicited, worthless opinions since 9/10...
    The project I spend all my money on.... <---- Click it

so from reading the first few pages, getting an after market VTA is no good, so just keep the stock BPV? Also i just like hearing the sound of it, nothing to loud but i would like a nice exhale sound, which after market VTA would be best, this is for an 02 wrx. Also is it a hard install, noobie to this

O HELLA JDM, You are right VTA BOV's are not good for Subaru engines. If you are looking for more sound then I suggest looking at the Silencer Delete. It's an inhale noise, but it seems to help people with BOV envy.
    02-07 WRX & STI Intake Silencer Delete Elbow: JSC Speed

It's a really easy install.

Quote Originally Posted by O HELLA JDM View Post
    so from reading the first few pages, getting an after market VTA is no good, so just keep the stock BPV? Also i just like hearing the sound of it, nothing to loud but i would like a nice exhale sound, which after market VTA would be best, this is for an 02 wrx. Also is it a hard install, noobie to this
    Quote Originally Posted by SeattleJeremy View Post
    O HELLA JDM, You are right VTA BOV's are not good for Subaru engines. If you are looking for more sound then I suggest looking at the Silencer Delete. It's an inhale noise, but it seems to help people with BOV envy.

A decent free flowing intake goes a long way to hearing your stock BPV. I didn't hear mine until I put an intake on my car.
    Creeping up on creeping for a decade.
    Bugeye Mafia V2 #322

Quote Originally Posted by the mike View Post
    A decent free flowing intake goes a long way to hearing your stock BPV. I didn't hear mine until I put an intake on my car.
    That would work too.
    Cobb and SPT intakes do not require a tune. Perrin, Injen, and no name brand intakes require a tune for the car to run properly.

Thank you for the information

Quote Originally Posted by the mike View Post
    That would work too.
    Cobb and SPT intakes do not require a tune. Perrin, Injen, and no name brand intakes require a tune for the car to run properly.

nice i'll do some research on that. I think i know the answer to this, but i gotta ask anyways, can you do both a silencer delete and intake?
    i iz a noob!
    www.garageworks.co/

nice i'll do some research on that. I think i know the answer to this, but i gotta ask anyways, can you do both a silencer delete and intake?

The silencer itself is part of the stock intake system, and aftermarket intakes don't come with a silencer.. so, no.

Quote Originally Posted by MainFrame View Post
    The silencer itself is part of the stock intake system, and aftermarket intakes don't come with a silencer.. so, no.
    So read on the link, it recommends getting a drop in filter. Which one should I get? Because I read on another tread if u get an intake u would need to get a tune or something? Thanks everyone for helping
    i iz a noob!
    www.garageworks.co/

So read on the link, it recommends getting a drop in filter. Which one should I get? Because I read on another tread if u get an intake u would need to get a tune or something? Thanks everyone for helping
    K&N and Perrin make panel filters for the WRX (there are others). These filters increase air flow, and do not screw with the MAF. However, they do not make the intake or BPV louder.

Or you could just buy an intake that doesn't require a tune.
    Cobb and SPT intakes do not require a tune.

Sounds to me like you should just drop it and leave the car stock, might as well have the dealer service it too.

K&N and Perrin make panel filters for the WRX (there are others). These filters increase air flow, and do not screw with the MAF. However, they do not make the intake or BPV louder.

Or you could just buy an intake that doesn't require a tune.
    for sure, thanks for the advice

Quote Originally Posted by MainFrame View Post
    Sounds to me like you should just drop it and leave the car stock, might as well have the dealer service it too.
    just being careful when i mod, last time i didn't do enough research and wasted money buying parts.
    i iz a noob!
    www.garageworks.co/

Hey guys, I have a 2011 WRX and went to do the Silencer Delete this morning... turns out the 2011's don't have one! I looked up all kinds of walk-through's and not a single one said anything about the 11's not having the silencer. I am also sort of craving the "whoosh" sound, but with the possibility of the delete what else can be done? Just an intake I guess? How bad would an HKS BoV be for the car? Seems odd they make them if they could potentially do some damage...
    "It's a shame that stupidity can't be converted into a usable energy source."

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.