"The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) - Page 745
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on "The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by sjcurtis Is there anything that you dont think is stupid other then suspension upgrades? Please. Tell me. ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by sjcurtis View Post
    Is there anything that you dont think is stupid other then suspension upgrades?
    Please. Tell me. Do you have any form of tact at all? Or do you feel that since you don't directly know someone that you can be a giant jack-ass to them via a text statement over a forum?
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Sinister View Post
    Please. Tell me. Do you have any form of tact at all? Or do you feel that since you don't directly know someone that you can be a giant jack-ass to them via a text statement over a forum?
    Damn dude don't get all worked up teflon_jones knows that I am just playing with him. Oh yeah what is tact? HAHAHAHAHA

Banned
    Alright id really like someone to answer this for me. If i get a blitz ss Bov that was running on a honda before. will it be able to work on my 07 wrx?

I think it will need an adapter plate to mount it up.

I Support ClubWRX
    Ok, so i take it factory BOV releases air only when you have the car working on very high rpms, and the aftermarket releases faster but you have the whole wrong-fuel-amount problem. So if you get a BOV that has variable release pressure, like this one, does it give you an option of running on a factory setting? Meaning, on its most "tame" setting does it come close to the original pressure numbers.

Might have been asked before, but this thread has like 745 pages so its kinda hard to find the answer.
    2011.WRX.PRM.GRB.WRB
    Stink-Eye Mob #103

Twin Scroll = Expensive dynomight's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Igor103 View Post
    Ok, so i take it factory BOV releases air only when you have the car working on very high rpms, and the aftermarket releases faster but you have the whole wrong-fuel-amount problem. So if you get a BOV that has variable release pressure, like this one, does it give you an option of running on a factory setting? Meaning, on its most "tame" setting does it come close to the original pressure numbers.
    Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think Subaru releases its vehicles with BOVs straight from the production plant. Instead they all come equipped with BPVs (By-Pass Valve) which all it does is recirculate the air and does not ever vent to the atmosphere. As for that perrin product; it looks like you can adjust it from a BOV to a BPV. Which I find to be very neat and necessary if you ever want to convert back to stock settings.
    I dont understand bus lanes. Why do poor people have to get to places quicker than I do? -Jeremy Clarkson- Top Gear

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by dynomight View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think Subaru releases its vehicles with BOVs straight from the production plant. Instead they all come equipped with BPVs (By-Pass Valve) which all it does is recirculate the air and does not ever vent to the atmosphere.
    Yeah, thats what i meant

Did some reading, looks like I'm better off without it.
    Last edited by Igor103; 04-29-2011 at 06:12 PM.
    2011.WRX.PRM.GRB.WRB
    Stink-Eye Mob #103

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Igor103 View Post
    Yeah, thats what i meant

Did some reading, looks like I'm better off without it.
    awesome! Seriously awesome, igor. Most people just can't seem to get it... Or read

Hondas are speed density, which is why they work ok on those cars.
    Rogan o_0
    '96 Dodge 2500 CTD @ 40psi - over 700 lb/ft TQ, 7" stack, and 5speed! - SOLD
    '01 Dodge 2500 CTD 6-holed hand-shaker - 3850# dual disk - 900 lb/ft - SOLD
    '97 Dodge 3500 CTD DUALLY built Auto - 40psi boosties - 750 lb/ft

Quote Originally Posted by sjcurtis View Post
    Damn dude don't get all worked up teflon_jones knows that I am just playing with him. Oh yeah what is tact? HAHAHAHAHA
    I don't agree with some of your mod path. You've been cool on all my comments. You've got a nice ride. If you want really experienced help with modding cars let me know.
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

First i would like to thank the select few who have answered all my unasked questions about BOV's/BPV's. Second all of the questions i had were answered in the first ten pages, mulitple times. Third i understand my opinion means little to nothing, BUT i agree with Donkey about deleting this monster. Or the a possible alternative of cuting about 730 pages off. It seems to me most people are just going to ask the same question with out doing any reading.

Banned
    alrighty thanks buddayyyy

TurboXS RFL is NOT compatible with WRX, this according to TurboXS. The RFL-H is compatible. You will need to keep your OEM bypass valve for parts, as the elbow is removed from it for installation of the TurboXS unit.

GoFastBits, Forge, maybe one or two others, have OEM replacement style bypass valves, both offer tuneable atmospheric vents. These work fine when set up properly.

I probably answered something old again, didn't I...?

I'm one of those people who just won't listen, and I bought 4 valves to see what works. An OBX (Forge knockoff),
    a fake Greddy Type RS, a real TurboXS RFL-H, and a replacement OEM valve.

I am using the TXS piece permanently, it supports 18psi without gasket-whine, it does not require tuning beyond that of the A/F during installation, and nothing needed refacing or cleaning.

If you are at OEM boost, use the OEM valve. There's nothing wrong with asking what to do if you are working to avoid over-boosting through components which may fail. The stock BPV is simply not known as a failing apparatus. If anyone still needs one, I've got a stocker laying around without it's elbow... thus it's laying around.

props to Donkey,...
    ... listen to the guy. You can learn a lot.

I Support ClubWRX
    APS is the only 50/50 BOV I'd own.. Hell I do own it. And that's the only one I'd ever consider owning.
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

Interesting... the APS Twin-Vent and the TurboXS Hybrid RFL are nearly identical as far as function and materials, installation and tuning, size, angles of hoses, excepting some minor cosmetics, and they look very similar in the bay. I had leaky gasket adapters, cheaped-out-on internals, all sorts of mess. I figured I'd go with a pricey one to see what difference it made, and the TurboXS piece was available from the manufacturer with a scratch on the adapter plate which buffed right out... $60 with a warranty and it shipped right from the company itself.

I can't complain, but if I had an unlimited budget, this car would have an uprotated turbo system, and none of this would matter... since I don't, I am satisfied by the present valve. If anything, the "horse snort" is pretty cool (TurboXS made their vents in the shape of nostrils, so it sounds like a bull snorting, then a horse letting off a lungful during a run).

Banned

Blitz SS BOV

My friends is offering me a Blitz SS Bov for 100$ i know this is a great deal and want to take advantage of it. it was used on a civic before and is bolt on. but i need a different flange to bolt onto my 2007 wrx. can anyone tell me where i can find one, or buy one. im really eager to get the bad boy on my car soo the quicker the better. thanks, and really i dont know too much about BOVs soo if you got something to say say it!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.