"The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) - Page 740

This is a discussion on "The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; i'm not too familiar with the overseas models, but here in the united states we can do something called an ...

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    i'm not too familiar with the overseas models, but here in the united states we can do something called an intake silencer delete which gives you an audible whoosh sound without harming your car.

http://www.scoobymods.com/intake_sil...=&threadid=113

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

/\
    Good call and catch!

Quote Originally Posted by Impreza2.0 View Post
    Forge Motorsports Hybrid Valve (pssh sound here) or Bypass valve (no sound on bypass valve)
    Greddy RS for WRX and STi (silent valve also)
    Go Fast Bits (GFB) Hybrid or 50/50 Valve (pssh sound)
    TurboXS Hybrid RFL (what I've got, loud pssh sound!)

These work correctly on your application. Some require adjustment. All can be made to allow for smooth rpm changes between shifts (will cure your problem).
    Non of them are under $200. Unless you get a killer deal...

make sure you get a new gasket!! very important!
    hks ssq??

Quote Originally Posted by nxwrx View Post
    hks ssq??
    No good.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

There's nothing wrong with the HKS valve, but it is a design made for a different car entirely. To use it on our top mount intercoolers, it takes an adapter. The adapter slows the valve's reaction time, and it's a loss that isn't worth the neat sound they make. HKS valves work well on Nissans using above 24psi boost. Most use Tial, reliability being the factor. The HKS sounds awesome, but the Tial is super-precise.

If you have a front mount intercooler, it's fine to use HKS's valve.

Otherwise, you ought to have EM like an Accessport if you are going to use it with TMICs.

I'd stick with the list I gave you, or stay with the stock valve and delete your intake silencer. You'd get the sound you want, the intake silencer delete and a drop in filter will let you get up to about 280hp before it starts to be an issue plus saving some $200. If you are doing big-big power mods, it won't matter what valve you use, as long as it can withstand the boost pressure you are using, and has the reaction time to give you the throttle response you want. With a stock turbo, you don't need more than the stock valve. Usually. If you already own an HKS valve, and the adapter doesn't leak, cool! If your shifts don't feel compromised by idle speed or rapid deceleration, you are lucky without engine management to smooth out the A/F curves.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Impreza2.0
    There's nothing wrong with the HKS valve
    They have a track record of leaking.

Quote Originally Posted by Impreza2.0
    Otherwise, you ought to have EM like an Accessport if you are going to use it with TMICs.
    Unless you're running speed density, how would that help?
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

surge bov

i am looking for a synctronic bov and i need help what brand is best and if they are even worth it.

Please read this thread: "The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged)

Do a little bit of searching and some research on things before you buy them. Take a look around the forum, most of your questions have probably been asked before.
    --Anthony 2011 DGM WRX stg2+sf intake WTFtuned

Official Subie owner as of 01/10/11
    Stink Eye Mob #87

Bye bye Bimmer
    Hellooo '11 REX

Quote Originally Posted by subaru606 View Post
    i am looking for a synctronic bov and i need help what brand is best and if they are even worth it.
    Not worth it...no performance gains can be had with one, and its just an expensive noise maker.

Remove the intake silencer if you want a little audible swoooooooosh sound.

Quote Originally Posted by xFalleNx View Post
    Please read this thread: "The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged)

Do a little bit of searching and some research on things before you buy them. Take a look around the forum, most of your questions have probably been asked before.
    Already been merged
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

I made that post before it was merged

Good job mods for making an effort to clean up the site and keep it organized.
    --Anthony 2011 DGM WRX stg2+sf intake WTFtuned

Official Subie owner as of 01/10/11
    Stink Eye Mob #87

Bye bye Bimmer
    Hellooo '11 REX

was driving down the road the other day going to shift not killin the car just driving normal and my HKS BOV blew clean off the mount on my 2002 wrx? anyone know what happiend? the valve isnt seased it moves and im not sure what to do now ? any ideas anyone??? thanks

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by werger_9 View Post
    was driving down the road the other day going to shift not killin the car just driving normal and my HKS BOV blew clean off the mount on my 2002 wrx? anyone know what happiend? the valve isnt seased it moves and im not sure what to do now ? any ideas anyone??? thanks
    Where are you from?
    Rogan o_0
    '96 Dodge 2500 CTD @ 40psi - over 700 lb/ft TQ, 7" stack, and 5speed! - SOLD
    '01 Dodge 2500 CTD 6-holed hand-shaker - 3850# dual disk - 900 lb/ft - SOLD
    '97 Dodge 3500 CTD DUALLY built Auto - 40psi boosties - 750 lb/ft

canada

hey guys just a quick question on a turbosmart vee port bov. i have recently put one on my 05 sti an no matter if i set it on hard or soft it doesnt seem to go off for very long. i got it off a friend who has a 2001 wrx and it sounded real good on his and went off loud and for a good amount of time. he is only running about 15 psi and mine is running about 20. i have tightened it up and there seems to be no leaks so im just wondering why it wont go off like his did on either soft or hard setting? any input is greatly appreciated.

I Support ClubWRX
    No idea.
    Rogan o_0
    '96 Dodge 2500 CTD @ 40psi - over 700 lb/ft TQ, 7" stack, and 5speed! - SOLD
    '01 Dodge 2500 CTD 6-holed hand-shaker - 3850# dual disk - 900 lb/ft - SOLD
    '97 Dodge 3500 CTD DUALLY built Auto - 40psi boosties - 750 lb/ft