"The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) - Page 739
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on "The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; finally hooking up my STi now that my warranty is out installing a turbo XS catless titanium turboback exhaust, an ...

Smile 2005 Sti

finally hooking up my STi now that my warranty is out installing a turbo XS catless titanium turboback exhaust, an AFE stage 2 cold air intake a new Aluminum Koyo radiator and a perrin BOV fully recirculating...i will tune the car after everything is installed and ready

Question?

i have been reading this forum and am not so sure about the BOV now? could i get some advice on whether to keep it or send it back guys?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Sinister View Post
    I recommend the stock bpv and just get a short ram intake...
    +1.
    Chris
    02 Camaro z28 T-Tops, m6 49k miles
    Bolt ons and tuned - 349rwhp/362rwtq
    02 Ws6 T-Top,m6 80k miles
    Bolt ons/Cam/tune - 436rwhp/424rwtq

Quote Originally Posted by kdpat15 View Post
    finally hooking up my STi now that my warranty is out installing a turbo XS catless titanium turboback exhaust, an AFE stage 2 cold air intake a new Aluminum Koyo radiator and a perrin BOV fully recirculating...i will tune the car after everything is installed and ready

Question?

i have been reading this forum and am not so sure about the BOV now? could i get some advice on whether to keep it or send it back guys?
    Recirculating is ultimately what you want, and the stocker is good for upwards of 22PSI or so. When you get tuned, you probably won't get tuned any higher than 20PSI to keep the VF39 reliable and safe. If you plan on going bigger in the future, sure keep it. But if not, you have no need for it and can spend your money on something better or more necessary.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

BOV

I have a 2002 WRX with only an SPT cat back on it and I like the blow off sound. Can someone please recommend a good BOV to use on the car. I like the Hybrid one I hear they are betting for the car is this true or is a full atmospheric OK to run. I would also like your suggestions on a good one to get also.

Thanks,

Eric

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by legend83 View Post
    I have a 2002 WRX with only an SPT cat back on it and I like the blow off sound. Can someone please recommend a good BOV to use on the car. I like the Hybrid one I hear they are betting for the car is this true or is a full atmospheric OK to run. I would also like your suggestions on a good one to get also.

Thanks,

Eric
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Recirculating is ultimately what you want, and the stocker is good for upwards of 22PSI or so. ... ... you have no need for it and can spend your money on something better or more necessary.
    Rogan o_0
    '96 Dodge 2500 CTD @ 40psi - over 700 lb/ft TQ, 7" stack, and 5speed! - SOLD
    '01 Dodge 2500 CTD 6-holed hand-shaker - 3850# dual disk - 900 lb/ft - SOLD
    '97 Dodge 3500 CTD DUALLY built Auto - 40psi boosties - 750 lb/ft

just got a 2002 wrx wagon

Hey guys love this car and want to mod it. any suggestions? i was think a BOV and cold air intake for starters...

Quote Originally Posted by 02WRXDriver1987 View Post
    Hey guys love this car and want to mod it. any suggestions? i was think a BOV and cold air intake for starters...
    Nope.

Read the links in my sig...and read the stickies at the top of here.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 02WRXDriver1987 View Post
    I was thinking you should read through this thread, and a few others, prior..

Rogan o_0
    '96 Dodge 2500 CTD @ 40psi - over 700 lb/ft TQ, 7" stack, and 5speed! - SOLD
    '01 Dodge 2500 CTD 6-holed hand-shaker - 3850# dual disk - 900 lb/ft - SOLD
    '97 Dodge 3500 CTD DUALLY built Auto - 40psi boosties - 750 lb/ft

Turbo XS Blow off valve

I just installed a new turbo xs blow off valve on my 07 WRX and the car idles funny and sometimes stalls when the rpm's go really low... I checked all connections and hoses and still have no idea why it stalls... any help out there? PLS...

I Support ClubWRX
    Is the valve open @ idle?
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Yes it's an open valve. It's a turbo xs rfl bov.

I Support ClubWRX
    It should be closed at idle. You most likely haven't properly adjusted it.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    BoVs are not install and go. You have to adjust them. That being said, that valve is notorious for leaking.

Banned
    i have no problems with them leaking on two cars ive had them on. never even touched them either and no extra washers in there

Mcb

Modification of the original BOV of an STi

Hi,i have a 2000 model WRX STi, is there a way the original blow off valve for the STi can be modified to the audible one without affecting the car performance?

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.